Any insight on eBay Shipping Supplies account lack of inventory?

Am I the only one who goes to visit the Canadian eBay Shipping Supplies store and find they have no inventory? I had an item in my cart but it is now unavailable. Used contact seller button a few days ago but have not heard back.

Has anyone heard anything from anyone higher up as to what is happening?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Any insight on eBay Shipping Supplies account lack of inventory?

Dear lord. So why have the other store / link? Why have one shipping supplies shop that only has tape in it? is it a decoy? 

arrrgghhh. thanks for the help.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

@pop-art wrote:

Dear lord. So why have the other store / link? Why have one shipping supplies shop that only has tape in it? is it a decoy? 

The old link is to the original store before they took part in the Adyen payments beta test. The beta test did not allow shipping to Canada -- a big problem when you ship to Canada -- so a new store had to be set up without Adyen.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

When I checked early last week there were only 16 items available. Possibly a major run of orders and put them out of stock. In the meantime, they have replaced those items with several different sizes of boxes. Really depends how useful they are to you. The last few times I've ordered I've had to pay a few dollars extra to get something that I could use. Subsidized free is still better than full price. What has me very curious is the 15 Neutral/Negative feedbacks with no followup responses with the limited variety of products to choose from.

-Lotz

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

If something is not there, send them a note, I did that a while ago and voila the item was then listed in the store (it had been there in previous months).

They might also do this for stuff that is in the US store but not the Canadian store yet.

I've found them to be fast and polite when I've sent them questions..... but it has been a while since I did that.
Message 44 of 49
latest reply

I've mentioned to them the possibility of more variety or combinations. (Original site and the new one). Was told it was noted but takes them time to make any sort of decision.  Basically, just remain patient and cross your fingers.

-Lotz

Message 45 of 49
latest reply

Hi, I'm interested in your free shipping supplies, I'm new on eBay as a small startup business.
Thank you.
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from 2019 -- information can be out of date on old threads.

Stores get coupons for "free" ebay branded shipping supplies.

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/Shipping-supplies.html

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Howdy everyone - 

Just an update that this is still something we're looking into and working on a solution for. 

Thanks!

@cathcole_0 

Hello Tyler,

Realizing this is an older thread this is still an issue that was never properly addressed with the Canadianstore for shipping supplies. Lack of variety.  There have been a few products added and a few deleted but nothing in comparison to the variety available at the US store. All we hear when it contact with them is we are looking into it with no change.

As for zombie threads, that is directly caused by how ebay search works. Default is best match vs recent. Zombie threads will continue to be an issue until this is effectively changed.

-Lotz

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 49 of 49
latest reply