'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

Looks like opt-out will be retired. Seller Hub will be mandatory.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: 'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

The message from ebay reads as follows:

Seller Hub to become eBay’s primary selling tool In our 2018 Spring Seller Update, we announced that Seller Hub would be introduced to the Canadian market. On April 16th, we began rolling the new tool outto members across eBay Canada. Thousands of members have opted in to the new experience and started using this powerful tool and data to strengthen their businesses. As part of our ongoing commitment to providing Canadian sellers with world-class functionality and actionable data, we will be directing future resources towards developing new Seller Hub features that will make it easier for you to run your business and help you stay competitive in the ecommerce landscape. As a result, as of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro. The functionalities of Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro are already available within Seller Hub. If you don’t currently use Seller Hub, now is a great time to get started. We’ll continue to work with sellers to ensure that they’re able to continue to run their businesses without interruption during this transition to Seller Hub. You can learn more about Seller Hub in our Seller Centre. If you have questions about Seller Hub, join employees and experienced eBay sellers in the eBay Community discussion boards to get expert advice. We hope you’ll enjoy Seller Hub and find it to be a valuable part of your business.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.  

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Re: 'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

Well, that didn't take very long.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I did the Seller Hub Canada webinar today. It was shorter than any other ebay webinar I've done.

I have to say that without full access to Promotions Manager, Seller Hub is a big fat load of nothing very special. (Sorry, ebay staffer folks. Nothing personal.) But Seller Hub was stripped of anything particularly useful before you gave it to us Canadians. Even the Listings Guidance feature under the Growth Tab whose virtues were extolled today won't be rolled out until some point in the unspecified future. 

(Also, I learned my original interpretation of the Sales data was correct.)

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Direct link to the webinar, also handily sent to me two minutes prior to the RIP Seller Manager email. 

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/viewRecording/1738905518075201281/300076905542593800/mwly...

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

(It's possible the link won't work for other people because it was sent to an attendee.)

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

A revised version of Selling Manager was rolled out without any fanfare several days ago. So far have come across several built in glitches - Different views of same information when you click on tabs that should bring you to the same information. Pages do not appear to update information in real time. Links bring you to dot com views of information - eg. Seller Calculate shipping screen tool for example. Mazes to go through to get to specific information that was fairly straight forward in the past. Definitely appears it is a work in progress that we will be inheriting.

-CM

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

From the Webinar you did, did it happen to mention that any of tools that were in Selling Manager Pro in the past would be included in Seller Hub for free or am I being wayyyy too overly optimistic?

-CM

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Seller Hub is a big fat load of nothing very special.

Pretty much. At best it is a rearranging of the deck chairs. Growth tab is driven by MPN's so if your inventory doesn't align with that you probably will miss the benefit of pricing guidance. There is a lot more useful things they could be doing with your data, weekly/monthly/yearly sales for listings, that sort of thing.  The historical seasonality curves might be useful for those trying to get an idea of is slower sales correlate with seasonality. 

I do like that you can customize the view/layout and move the useless portions to the bottom of the screen. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Where is the "site map" link on the new seller hub.....it was always at the bottom of the page, along with other helpful quick links

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

The way I use when I want to check something out in it is the Seller Announcement tab at bottom of this page. Believe its dated 04/24/2018.

-CM

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

sad ebay screws up again,its like having truedea running it and that is bad for sellers

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

why ruin a good thing oh my cant create sales anymore ebay loose the goof that dreamt this up please
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Thanks for the reminder.

I just bookmarked the AtoZ Index, which is the part of the Site Map I use most often.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

I wonder if it really will be mandatory. It was supposed to be mandatory on .com a long time ago and I still haven't used it there. There seems to be other sellers there too who still use selling manager.  I suppose I should have a look at it some time...I just haven't felt the need to do so yet.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Is there a way to customize seller hub so your sales totals reflect only what your items sold for - not the price plus shipping. 

It makes no sense to include shipping costs as part of a sale.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

I wonder if it really will be mandatory. It was supposed to be mandatory on .com a long time ago and I still haven't used it there. There seems to be other sellers there too who still use selling manager.  I suppose I should have a look at it some time...I just haven't felt the need to do so yet.

I doubt it will be mandatory. I list on .COM and I'm still using Selling Manager Pro. I'm perfectly happy with it, Seller Hub is just more unneeded upgrade nonsense.  

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

(It's possible the link won't work for other people because it was sent to an attendee.)

The link works just fine .... thanks for providing it. I've bookmarked the video to watch later. 

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

I use the "site" tab to access all the seller tools including the blocked bidder option - I can't find it on the seller hub, nor can I find my saved sellers - so frustrating they would not be carried over.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Sorry. Have to ask, tongue in cheek. For that most recent Webinar on Sellers Hub, the information quoted/used was from your store? 16,000 + Listings. Millions in sales. You've been very busy. I hope they gave you a nice bonus cheque for using your sales data? You think for a webinar of that nature they could use at least reasonable numbers. Sheesh!!!!

-CM

PS. Most of us can only dream of doing business in that ballpark!!!

Message 20 of 33
latest reply