'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

Looks like opt-out will be retired. Seller Hub will be mandatory.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: 'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

That’s not my store they’re using in the webinar. It’s whatever store they cooked up.
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Re: 'As of June 30th, 2018, Seller Hub will replace our selling tools, Selling Manager....'

"Looks like opt-out will be retired. Seller Hub will be mandatory."

That remains to be seen. I do not have a store on eBay...sell occasionally on eBay and although I have been using Seller Hub on dotCOM for well over a year, I can still opt in/opt out at will. I have chosen not to use Seller Hub on dotCA except for working on drafts as the ability to copy a listing is a convenient feature. Personally I think Seller Hub on both dotCOM and dotCA is over-rated, and may be of significant value to high volume sellers and/or sellers with hundreds/thousands of GTC listings, but for a low-volume or occasional seller on eBay, the Seller Hub is more of an inconvenient, unnecessary change...

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

That's why I had added the tongue in cheek. It was said in jest. I guess I am over optimistic that for a webinar they would use more realistic numbers closer to the average Joe or Judy eBay seller.

-CM

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Oh yeah, I know. I’ve done a few webinars and they’re always slick sellers be featured which I guess makes sense from eBay’s perspective but still....
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

One other observation with the revised version of Selling Manager. When you click on the Shipping Labels tab it brings you to the labels you would have recently created. Only issue is it displays USPS labels which, more than likely you are not/have ever generated. So no labels found. 

I am aware that the Selling Manager as we know it will "eventually" be retired but this is something that is active NOW and was not fully tested before being implemented.

Track and manage your shipments
Create, reprint, and void shipping labels. You can also print packing slips. Note: Once you create a shipping label, it can only be reprinted within 24 hours duration; however you will have 5 days to request voiding the label.

We were unable to find any records matching your search.

USPS label costs include any charges for insurance, Delivery Confirmation, and Shipping Confirmation. FedEx label costs are an estimate and include transportation costs, fuel surcharges, and additional surcharges.

This page loads as a dot ca beta Label Management  Page so definitely a glitch. Similar to the Sellers Active Listing Tab in the same Selling Manager page for confirming shipping cost using the Calculate tab for a sellers use that brings you to a Dot com Calculator with Fedex/UPS and USPS options with imperial fields. Inputting a 16 oz package 16 x 14 x 4 inches I can ship to my address by USPS media mail for $3.66 in 2 to 6 days. Does not specify if that is Canadian or USD.  Highly entertaining but extremely inaccurate/impossible. Robot LOL

-CM

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

The only change that I’ve noticed on selling manager is the layout of the active listing page. Is that what you mean when you mention the ‘revised’ version? 

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

The first observation I made was Active listings look like a variation of Sellers Hub and Ended listing was still looking how it looked in the old Selling Manager. 2 different views with access to different information.(Active lisings no access to the discussion page/Ended listings you could). Personally would prefer a mirrored view. Also appeared that the listing totals between those 2 views does not display in real time. Matching views  may or may not  happen eventually or just suddenly Selling Manager will disappear. Hard to know for sure.Another situation where an eBay crystal ball could come in extremely handy.

-CM

PS. As soon as my order of crystal balls comes in will be listing for the reasonable price of

$ 1,000,000 or 2 for $3,000,000. Free shipping. Please. No pushing or shoving!!

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

I don’t recall seeing any USPS pages when I clicked on print a label but it seems to me that right after that format change I had to  add Canada Post on as a carrier again but it has worked fine since then.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

For now I will continue to use the Print Label from my Sold Listings page. Brings me right to Shippo and all seems to be functioning as it should. Only minor situation I had recently was a customer paid for delivery but ended up changing to Pickup. Would not let me update/change to show as pickup completed or enter generic tracking.

-CM

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Please don't get me started on this one.

Seller Hub - what a useless piece of **bleep**.

Ebay can't seem to fix simple errors in its software..........ie it sounds like it will take years to fix the "No such zip code exists" problem.

So rather than focus on fixing that problem, and maybe even doing so - they focus on creating a bunch of new problems

There's a name for people who break things that arn't broken, and choose not to fix those that are!

Message 30 of 33
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

For now I will continue to use the Print Label from my Sold Listings page.

Where else were you trying to print them from?

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

It appears you are supposed  to  be able to also print from using the Shipping Labels tab in this new Selling Manager setup. But as noted above it seems to be bringing you to a US version. As I said I would never do it that way.

-CM

Track and manage your shipments
Create, reprint, and void shipping labels. You can also print packing slips. Note: Once you create a shipping label, it can only be reprinted within 24 hours duration; however you will have 5 days to request voiding the label.

Shipping Labels

We were unable to find any records matching your search.

Search
Search ByItem number
Search
PeriodLast 7 days
Date Label Created Item/Order # Buyer ID/Buyer Name Label Cost*   Shipment Details Package Status Actions
* USPS label costs include any charges for insurance, Delivery Confirmation, and Shipping Confirmation. FedEx label costs are an estimate and include transportation costs, fuel surcharges, and additional surcharges. ????????????
Items per page:25|50|75|100
Page 0 of 0
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

From time to time I like to use analogies to explain how things work. This is the best one that comes to mind when trying to figure out changes to eBay screens that happen from time to time.

Image result for find the differences between two pictures 

-CM

Message 33 of 33
latest reply