Bogner-Winter-Jacke, TEAM-Germany, "neuwertig", blau, Größe 38

I received a request for an invoice with combined postage. All of the titles of my items were replaced with the German title above and all the sold for values have been replaced with lower numbers. The items did not sell for the amount given on this page when compared to the sold price on the listing page. The photos are of my items but are all blurry and really poor quality. 

Has anyone else seen this?. I called customer support and they were not aware of it but I read the .com discussion boards and it is showing up there.

I am not sure how to proceed with sending a correct invoice. I am unable to include a photo that is small enough to be accepted.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

I received a request for an invoice with combined postage. All of the titles of my items were replaced with the German title above and all the sold for values have been replaced with lower numbers. The items did not sell for the amount given on this page when compared to the sold price on the listing page. The photos are of my items but are all blurry and really poor quality. 

Has anyone else seen this?. I called customer support and they were not aware of it but I read the .com discussion boards and it is showing up there.

I am not sure how to proceed with sending a correct invoice. I am unable to include a photo that is small enough to be accepted.

@tuckhouse2021 

Do the purchases show up on your eBay page? If they don't your spidey senses should trigger. You can send a revised invoice from there if they are actual purchases. When the amended invoice sends it will translate automatically for you. 

-Lotz

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Do you have a link to the .com discussion?  It might help to understand what is going on,  Also, good you post a couple of the item numbers that were sold.

Are you saying that the pics on the invoice request are blurry?    You should be able to do a screenshot and cover the personal info.  When you add the pic to your post you are given the option of changing the size. The buyer might have purchased on the German site though I don't recall seeing the title of a listing ion .ca being changed to another language.  Buy then I rarely sell overseas.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Are the prices in Canadian dollars or in EUROS?

One euro is 68c Cnd.

You can use Google Translate or Babelfish to change the language to English. Clumsy but useable.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Sorry, I thought you meant someone on .com posted  about a similar problem but I just saw the post there that you did with screenshot.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/BUYERS-REQUEST-for-TOTAL-ERROR-Bogner-Win...

Fior anyone who wants to check the items ....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/196105215116?hash=item2da8c81c8c:g:CWkAAOSw9RVlXhps&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4B5...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165214214764?hash=item267788da6c:g:OJMAAOSw2lBhqYE6&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwOD...

I'm confused as the titles in German don't appear to be an translation of the English title.  It sounds as if they are for totally different items.    Is the buyer in Germany? You did receive the request for invoice in your eBay 

Have you ever sent out offers to watchers of those items?

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Those listings are from your other selling ID?  

I don't know if it is just me but when I click on the item links I get the same listing even though each link has a different item number.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Was the request through eBayMessages or was it an email?

Is the buyer in Germany? They may be sending the request through eBaydot DE which would explain the titles.

Is it even the same person?

Did you realize that you offer the US shipping rate to all your international customers?
You can make a separate-lower- rate for USA which overseas customers cannot access.

The lowest Tracked Packet International rate is $24.89  while we get substantial discounts on US Tracked Packet - from ~$7.00 up.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

art nouveau, lady sitting on elaborate seat, in green dress, Tuck 2561

Condition:
UsedUsed
Please see scans and assess, postally used
Sold for:
C $31.85  ebay number  234902508372
 this is now changed to 

tuckhouse2021_0-1703104038289.jpeg

Item ID:  234902508372
Item price:  C $23.77
Quantity:  1
is changed on the order page toinvoice page to 
Quantity
Price
C $23.77
Total
the price went from C 31.85 to  C 23.77 and no offers were sent and there in no shipping added yet in either of them
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

The currency is in Canadian funds and no shipping has been applied to either order. Other than the German title that was added everything else is in Canadian funds

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

No I have not sent offers and the German titles are not related to my items.

Item 234902508372 was sold for Can 31.85 but when I go to the invoice the price is now 23.77.

Item 234927942157 was sold for Can 31.20 and when I go to send the invoice it has been changed to 23.29

No shipping was included in either.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Yes, it is for the same person and the buyer is in Sweden. The request for a total with combined postage came via ebay through to both my messages in ebay and my email.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Thanks but the actual invoice ebay page is in English. It is just the title of my items that was replaced with the German one. I can't change the selling price on the invoice as eBay won't allow. I do not know what shows at the buyers end.

My listing --art nouveau, lady sitting on elaborate seat, in green dress, Tuck 2561, ebay number 234902508372 shows that is sold for 31.85 Can. yet the ebay invoice and order details shows 23.77 Can. when I try to send an invoice.

The second listing--glamour woman, art nouvuea style character study, paper scraps, ebay item number 234927942157 shows a sold price of 31.20 Candian and when I go to send the invoice the order details say 23.29 Canadian.

There is no shipping added yet and I did not send or accept an offers for these prices.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

How can I change the size to get the images to be accepted? Screen shots would definately help make this easier to explain. Thanks

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Bogner-Winter-Jacke, TEAM-Germany,  
Item ID:  234902508372
Item price:  C $23.77
Quantity:  1

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

I could be wrong, but I think you are experiencing this issue, it is showing your $C in the equivalent amount of Euros but it leaves the amount as Canadian.

It is a known bug, at least for stuff sold on .COM by us Canadians.

Here is the info on it:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Invoices-Problems-CAD-and-USD/m-p/502697#M150198 

Message 15 of 47
latest reply

I think that you are right as the listing on ebay.de shows as 21.73 Euros.  You said in your post on the other thread that 

'I did not notice till this morning that the $C one ($9.99 $C) showed up in the equivalent US$ amount ($7.34 $C) but still in $C on the $C invoice. I was paid based on the WRONG lower $C version on the $C invoice. '

So you were underpaid right? Is so, it would stand to reason that the op would be paid the wrong amount too.

But another thing that I find really strange is that the title of the listings on the invoice was in German (it's in English on .de)  and that another poster in Ontario encountered the same thing with the same title. It's all very strange.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/BUYERS-REQUEST-for-TOTAL-ERROR-Bogner-Win...

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

When you download the pic, the right side should show the option of downloading the pic as small, medium or large.  If you don't see that then our browsers might not work the same.

I'm sorry, when I saw the post about the same problem on the .com board, I thought it was you because the titles are the same or similar and you are both in Ontario.  But those stamp listings are not yours...correct? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/BUYERS-REQUEST-for-TOTAL-ERROR-Bogner-Win...

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Yes I got ripped for $2 (ie yes the invoice and payment was for the wrong and smaller amount) fortunately it was a cheap item it happened on.

The buyer might be from Germany, I've had the (or part of) invoice be in German in times past when it was a German buyer buying something, so that part doesn't surprise me. (Its worse if they open a case, if I recall it opens on the German site and all was in German, maybe they've fixed that now).

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't think a link to this thread has been posted yet, but I think it's the most useful of the .com ones on this subject:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Bogner-Winter-Jacke-TEAM-Germany-quot-neuwertig-quot-blau-Gr%C...

The OP of that thread managed to resolve the problem themselves by sending their own invoice and it made the "bad invoice(s)" go away once paid.  I'm not sure if the issue the OP of this thread is having is that they don't know how to send an invoice on their own or if they think they have to do something extra special to circumvent this glitch, but it does seem to be pretty straightforward to deal with this, as annoying as it must be.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

I hadn't seen that one yet but the issue isn't that the op doesn't know how to send an invoice. The issue is that the wrong amount is showing on the request as well as the wrong title.    Other sellers have recently reported that the wrong amount was on their invoice request and they did NOT receive the full amount. So it doesn't sound all that straightforward to me.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply