Bogner-Winter-Jacke, TEAM-Germany, "neuwertig", blau, Größe 38

I received a request for an invoice with combined postage. All of the titles of my items were replaced with the German title above and all the sold for values have been replaced with lower numbers. The items did not sell for the amount given on this page when compared to the sold price on the listing page. The photos are of my items but are all blurry and really poor quality. 

Has anyone else seen this?. I called customer support and they were not aware of it but I read the .com discussion boards and it is showing up there.

I am not sure how to proceed with sending a correct invoice. I am unable to include a photo that is small enough to be accepted.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

It made no difference how or when the payment is made. As soon as the buyer purchases or commits, regardless of whether or not they pay, the error is made by Ebay by not changing the currency sign in front of the price number. 

I sent a note to one buyer who had commitedd to purchase asking him to await an invoice for the correct amount and explained the problem and he went right ahead and paid realizing that he was getting a cheaper price because of the error.

The problem seems to be fixed for me but I am still out over 100.00 on the error.

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

Did it happen with immediate payment?   Just wondering if it is a glitch only when an invoice needs to be issued, which does not happen with immediate payment.  

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

I don't have immediate payment as a requirment.

If the buyer wanted to pay, the incorrect price would be paid. He can pay without me sending an invoice.

It is still hapeening to me.

I just received an order and a request for a combined invoice and all the sold for prices are incorrect. 

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

devon@ebay.com

Heard anything yet?

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

devon@ebay 

This really is an embarassment to eBay, I'm having to explain this to buyers and it has been happening for weeks. 

Here's today's order of mine with the same issue... sales record number: 44869  (they subsequently paid the fixed amount, this is the order number or it: 13-11007-85661)

Here's what I wrote to the buyer:

Hi BUYERNAME! THX for your purchases! At the moment eBay is BROKEN for cross site multi item purchases, the items you've purchased are on .CA and are listed in $C however at invoicing time eBay erroneously converts them to the US$ equivalents but left them in $C which means the prices are about 30% too low compared to what they were running at before you purchased them. The price for these 3 lots was $18.99 $C, $15.99 $C and $9.99 $C plus the shipping costs. I'm not sure what you saw them as before they were purchased but now they'll show as lower, or they will when I issue the invoice. You were of course correct that I do combine purchases, all 3 lots will ship for the shipping price of one lot, ie $9 Canadian (and I use nice stamps on the packages).

The eBay support staff have advised that the only way to fix this is to put the missing/dropped value in as "shipping" so now you'll see the shipping number increased above the $9 $C combined total to "fix" the ebay error. Hopefully you can see the drop that's happened from before you purchased the items. If this concerns you, alternatively, I can cancel these 3 items and relist as 1 Item special only for you at the correct price ($44.97 $C) and with the combined shipping cost ($9 $C) for a total of $53.97 $C. Either way is fine by me.

I am sorry for all the ebay confusion/trouble here, I really hope they fix this soon, this has been a problem for weeks!

Message 45 of 47
latest reply

I have yet to respond to the current invoice request. The first time this happened the buyer paid in an effort to be helpful and I lost money, the next time I explained to the buyer, he paid straight away realizing he was getting a deal. I mailed off the packages and did not refund any for the combined shipping so I got a bit of money that way but it makes me look like a bad seller as I did not combine the postage and give them a refund as they would normally expect.

My current order that I am having the problem with is a buyer from Sweden. I am not sure if there has to be a language translation or not but it is difficult enough in English to explain.
The following are the details for the most current request.
Order number       Item number       Ebay sold for .     Original listing sold for price in Can.      Lost amount 
                                                         price in Can. $                   price in Can. $                               in Can.$
3221                      234761774872               56.33                         75.00                                          18.67
3223                      234761774888               48.82                          65.00                                          16.18
3224                      234825912199               26.66                          35.50                                            8.84
3222                      234761774914                26.29                         35.00                                             8.71
3225                      234761774862                22.53                         30.00                                             7.47
3227                       234761774903               18.78                          25.00                                            6.22

So total price LOSS is 66.09 Canadian dollars. I cannot reasonably be expected to get that back by making the postage huge. 
Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Thats why I gave the buyer the option to have me cancel all the items and create one special for them ebay lot that had the correct total and combined shipping.....

Message 47 of 47
latest reply