Canada Post tracking not updating on Ebay......A G A I N.

sigh......it's a never ending struggle with Ebay glitches.  Canada Post tracking is not updating at all on Ebay, again.  Last time this happened it was over a year before it was fixed.  Last time there were at least partial updates.  This time no updates at all.   Just says 'tracking number provided' and then never updates, even when package is delivered days ago and shows that way on CP's website.

I'll point out again that there would be far fewer gltiches on Ebay if they would stop making unnecessary cosmetic changes to the way information is presented and just leave well enough alone.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Canada Post tracking not updating on Ebay......A G A I N.

A common problem. Then we get the famous "no carrier scan", even if the tracking works perfectly on all other websites... 🙄

Image3.jpg

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

kraisask
Community Member

Noticed the same thing for the most recent items I sold.  I'm still somewhat new - without the tracking updating, how do we get the completion status and receive the funds for the items?

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@kraisask wrote:

Noticed the same thing for the most recent items I sold.  I'm still somewhat new - without the tracking updating, how do we get the completion status and receive the funds for the items?

Don't worry. The broken tracking doesn't affect your payment's status. 

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've been waiting since Jan 04 for a tracking update from Canada Post on Amazon... and Canada Post's website.

Same scenerio with my last Canada Post delivery of an Amazon purchase.

It's got nothing to do with Amazon.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Still waiting.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Yeah, it's been 5 days now for me for a manually entered tracking number.

All my ebay label tracking numbers are updating fine, though.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

@fergua3 

@mcrlmn 

@38e_avenue 

@kraisask 

Sadly seeing the same. All over the map. CP/USPS websites are fine. Is anyone seeing anything weird with charges for postage going throught. I had 1 charge on the weekend where the package hadn't even been dropped off. Normally it has to reach sort plant to get billed. For majority of shipments billing takes between 2 and 7 days. Tracked is definitely faster than small packet air. As a side, I've seen intermittent reports (tracking not updating ebay labels) of this on the dot com board with lots of frustration as to a why.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@teenytrinkets 

@fergua3 

@mcrlmn 

@38e_avenue 

@kraisask 

Sadly seeing the same. All over the map. CP/USPS websites are fine. Is anyone seeing anything weird with charges for postage going throught. I had 1 charge on the weekend where the package hadn't even been dropped off. Normally it has to reach sort plant to get billed. For majority of shipments billing takes between 2 and 7 days. Tracked is definitely faster than small packet air. As a side, I've seen intermittent reports (tracking not updating ebay labels) of this on the dot com board with lots of frustration as to a why.

-Lotz

@fergua3 

devon@ebay 

Created an Expedited lite label this morning. Information inputted 23 x 18 x 3 cm 180 grams. Note: (actual measurements)

Label printed as 5 x 5 x 5 cm 180 grams. Totally fictional inaccurate measurements!!!

These modifications, like incorrect customs data displaying  on the printed label should never happen. How will this be billed? Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

-Lotz

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Created an Expedited lite label this morning. Information inputted 23 x 18 x 3 cm 180 grams. Note: (actual measurements)

Label printed as 5 x 5 x 5 cm 180 grams. Totally fictional inaccurate measurements!!!

These modifications, like incorrect customs data displaying  on the printed label should never happen. How will this be billed? Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

-Lotz

That was always like that  - 5 x 5 x 5 cm. I always add such a note on the package: 

Image2.jpg

I shipped many of them, probably around 20 or more - never had any problem. 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

-Lotz

That was always like that  - 5 x 5 x 5 cm. I always add such a note on the package: 

Image2.jpg

I shipped many of them, probably around 20 or more - never had any problem. 

@38e_avenue 

I did think it was a little strange when the service originally rolled out that "Expedited Lite" was not on the package. As for the measurements that show up, shouldn't they in theory match the info that was inputted? I would also think that if, for example the measurements inputted when you factor in dimensional weight the parcel is over the limit an error message should display advising you that option is not available? Because I don't use the service very often the possibility crept into my mind that the 5x5x5 was some new kind of technical glitch vs me doing it in error. 

-Lotz

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I did think it was a little strange when the service originally rolled out that "Expedited Lite" was not on the package. 

-Lotz

That surprised me, too - it's why I add my own label with explanation. Just in case ...  

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Is this going to be fixed at some point?  Not one of the Canadian tracking numbers i've uploaded in the last several weeks has had a single tracking update, even though all have now been delivered.  Some of the older ones are even starting to contain warning messages about being overdue for shipping.

Cripes, if positive buyer experience is so important to Ebay, then tracking should update.  No?

The tracking numbers in the tracking history are even linked to Canada Post's website.  Clicking on the tracking numbers takes you to CP's site which shows the items tracking history and that they've been delivered.  So Ebay has access  to that information.....they just aren't bothering to post it.   Inexcusible.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I think something must be wrong with the API. If the tracking uploads automatically, it works, and it's shown as CP. If uploaded manually, for some reason is shown as USPS and doesn't work. I tried to upload on both, .com and .ca, always choosing CP as the carrier - with the same result. I have now 9 "dead" tracking.   

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

The tracking numbers i have entered manually show as CPC (Canada Post), not USPS.   Regardless of the cause, this needs to be fixed PRONTO.  Not in a year like last time this happened.  

As i've said before, i've been using Amazon almost as long as Ebay.  I can't remember the last time i encountered a technical glitch on Amazon.  With Ebay, i routinely encounter them.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

The tracking numbers i have entered manually show as CPC (Canada Post), not USPS.   

Maybe yours is a different problem. Here is mine (as seen in the "SOLD" section):

Image3.jpg

The tracking works perfectly on both, CPC and USPS website, yet not on Ebay. 

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

The tracking numbers i have entered manually show as CPC (Canada Post), not USPS.   

Maybe yours is a different problem. Here is mine (as seen in the "SOLD" section):

Image3.jpg

The tracking works perfectly on both, CPC and USPS website, yet not on Ebay. 

@38e_avenue 

@fergua3 

devon@ebay  Do you have ANY follow up on this concern from eBay Labels department? See additional posts for background. 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

not sure if the cause of the problem is different but the net result s the same.  NONE of my Canada Post tracking numbers show any tracking progress on Ebay, but all work just fine on Canada Post's website.

If Ebay is unwilling or unable to fix the problem then they should just link the tracking number directly to Canada Posts website, so when the buyer clicks on it,  instead of the buyer seeing 'tracking number provied' for umpteen days with no updates, they get to see the tracking updates that are actually taking place.

Otherwise, it makes the seller look like a dud for not shipping the item or it makes ebay look inept....even Ma and Pa etailer sites can provide links to tracking that actually works.....but somehow this is beyond Ebay?  It is totally unprofessional, especially when the problem persists for days, weeks or even months.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I checked and all of my tracking seems to be updating normally on all 3 stores.  Have you checked tracking on another device or web browser to see if there's a caching issue?  Otherwise, it might just be some problem related to a small number of accounts (and is probably driving some poor coder crazy somewhere).  Definitely needs to be fixed though (along with a ton of other important bugs that have hung around for months).

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

NONE of my Canada Post tracking numbers show any tracking progress on Ebay, but all work just fine on Canada Post's website.

It's strange. All my CPC tracking uploaded automatically works (uploaded automatically shows CPC, uploaded automatically shows USPS).  

Image4.jpg

SInce I am TRS Plus on .com, it's very important for me, because this is used to evaluate my seller performance:

"For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 months. To be a  Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan." All "dead" tracking will result in defects for "no carrier scan". 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply