Canada Post tracking not updating on Ebay......A G A I N.

sigh......it's a never ending struggle with Ebay glitches.  Canada Post tracking is not updating at all on Ebay, again.  Last time this happened it was over a year before it was fixed.  Last time there were at least partial updates.  This time no updates at all.   Just says 'tracking number provided' and then never updates, even when package is delivered days ago and shows that way on CP's website.

I'll point out again that there would be far fewer gltiches on Ebay if they would stop making unnecessary cosmetic changes to the way information is presented and just leave well enough alone.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Canada Post tracking not updating on Ebay......A G A I N.

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

NONE of my Canada Post tracking numbers show any tracking progress on Ebay, but all work just fine on Canada Post's website.

It's strange. All my CPC tracking uploaded automatically works (uploaded automatically shows CPC, uploaded automatically shows USPS).  

Image4.jpg

SInce I am TRS Plus on .com, it's very important for me, because this is used to evaluate my seller performance:

"For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 months. To be a  Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan." All "dead" tracking will result in defects for "no carrier scan". 

FWIW @38e_avenue , all of my recent tracking numbers are not only displaying correctly, but also seem to be more in sync with both CPC and USPS output. I upload all of my tracking numbers manually, always within my stated handling time, and routinely copy/paste the same number to any other items in a combined shipment. At the risk of jinxing myself, no issues with eBay tracking at all now.

And yet, in previous years I did encounter the same kind of stalled/unresolved tracking issues many sellers here are now reporting - in my case with CP flat rate products, the majority of my domestic shipments. What made a huge differnce for me, was something seemingly too simple to matter: never mark an item shipped or manually upload its tracking number into eBay until after that package has been formally scanned/accepted by Canada Post.

Still don't understand why that CP system milestone is such a big deal within eBay tracking, but for me, the difference was like night and day.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@doc_scribe wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

I upload all of my tracking numbers manually, always within my stated handling time, and routinely copy/paste the same number to any other items in a combined shipment. 

Well, it's exactly where my problems came from. I had a multi-item sales (6 items). I purchased the label for the first item only (I got 6 separate sales/payments from the same buyer). The first tracking uploaded itself, and this one worked. I copied the tracking and added it manually to other 5 items, choosing CPC as the carrier (Ebay marked all of them for unknwn reason as USPS) All the manually added tracking failed, resulting in 5 defects for uploading "phony" tracking 😄  

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@doc_scribe wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

I upload all of my tracking numbers manually, always within my stated handling time, and routinely copy/paste the same number to any other items in a combined shipment. 

Well, it's exactly where my problems came from. I had a multi-item sales (6 items). I purchased the label for the first item only (I got 6 separate sales/payments from the same buyer). The first tracking uploaded itself, and this one worked. I copied the tracking and added it manually to other 5 items, choosing CPC as the carrier (Ebay marked all of them for unknwn reason as USPS) All the manually added tracking failed, resulting in 5 defects for uploading "phony" tracking 😄  

I hear you @38e_avenue . Actually, I added that comment as more of a deductive clue...as in, my suspicion that manually uploading the tracking number was probably not the problem, nor the CPC vs USPS designation. Until recently, I've seen a few of those as well, but they were not showstoppers in terms of display of valid tracking info.

As for manually uploading the same tracking number to multiple combined items, that also works fine for me. So in your case, it would appear that the automatic uploading of tracking number after label creation is the real culprit here...like that process is somehow locking down/locking out the tracking number from further use with other legit combined items. In which case, that would be a coding gaffe, worthy of ticket.

Either way, good luck.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Well I have more "clues"

I have a multi item (2) sale that I also manually uploaded the tracked packet tracking to. I have always manually updated  EVERY items tracking individually in a multi item sale.

The first item tracking appears to be working, the 2nd items tracking only shows "tracking number provided". (See extra comments below)

devon@ebay  the order number is 27-11095-33182

Extra notes, an expedited multi item parcel which has been delivered both show as delivered and the same update.

Another tracked packet mailed on Jan 4 and delivered Jan 11 all show the delivered and consistent tracking.

I  wonder what will happen when the in progress one gets delivered.....

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@doc_scribe wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@doc_scribe wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

So in your case, it would appear that the automatic uploading of tracking number after label creation is the real culprit here...like that process is somehow locking down/locking out the tracking number from further use with other legit combined items. In which case, that would be a coding gaffe, worthy of ticket.

Yes, it might be that. I know, such a tracking locking exists. Some time ago I sold concidentally 2 items to the same buyer from 2 different stores. I did something really stupid trying to upload the tracking to the 2nd store as well. It resulted in the store's temporary suspension. Apparently the system marked the tracking as stolen from another seller. 😄 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

The tracking numbers i have entered manually show as CPC (Canada Post), not USPS.   

Maybe yours is a different problem. Here is mine (as seen in the "SOLD" section):

Image3.jpg

The tracking works perfectly on both, CPC and USPS website, yet not on Ebay. 

@38e_avenue 

@fergua3 

devon@ebay  Do you have ANY follow up on this concern from eBay Labels department? See additional posts for background. 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I have a report about this that is be looked at by the Shipping team and I will reach back out today to see if there is any insight that I can share with you all. 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

"I had a multi-item sales (6 items). I purchased the label for the first item only (I got 6 separate sales/payments from the same buyer). The first tracking uploaded itself, and this one worked. I copied the tracking and added it manually to other 5 items, choosing CPC as the carrier (Ebay marked all of them for unknwn reason as USPS)"

My tracking has all been updating correctly but all my labels have been printed through eBay. I do want to mention though because I saw your "Ebay marked all of them for unknown reason as USPS" because one of my recent orders, which like yours was multi-item sale, came up strangely when I went to do my label, it had defaulted to USPS (and I only sell on .ca) so I had to go below on screen and click Canada Post Expedited (Regular parcel wasn't showing as it usually does) and then it changed to Canada Post and printed (and later tracked) correctly. I thought it might have been that the multi items combined some Expedited Lite small items along with regular (over 200 gram) items so it was like it wasn't sure what to do. Not sure if that was the reason because I've printed a couple of labels since then (single item orders) and they were all fine. But wanted to let you know I got that weird USPS as top shipping choice on eBay labels with combined order.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Geez... More often than not, the problem is that Canada Post is not entering or updaying tracking info.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply