DO SELLERS GIVE ANY THOUGHT TO GSP COSTS IN RELATION TO THE SELLING PRICE WHEN LISTING AN ITEM ???

bl32
Community Member

There is an item on ca. offering 25 different Greece with an initial offering cost of $1.25 U.S., shipped from the U.S.

Shipping through GSP is $15.66 U.S.

Is there anyone with an ounce of intelligence who would pay $15.66 for a $1.25 item ???

This is an established seller, not a newbie !!!

Bill

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: DO SELLERS GIVE ANY THOUGHT TO GSP COSTS IN RELATION TO THE SELLING PRICE WHEN LISTING AN ITEM ?

Aside from the "doesn't care" option, it is quite possible they're thinking potential buyers will contact them to determine an appropriate combined shipping amount for multiple items.

I do the same thing with anything going to China or Brazil because I force tracked shipping on them. The only way the shipping is "affordable" is if they buy a few items together.

Interestingly some still do buy stuff that costs more to ship than the item itself, although usually they contact me and figure out a few items to get included together for the combined shipping cost.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: DO SELLERS GIVE ANY THOUGHT TO GSP COSTS IN RELATION TO THE SELLING PRICE WHEN LISTING AN ITEM ?

PS You have some good sources. Current used material is very very hard to source anymore! (How many times do you get asked if you'll tell them where you get the stamps!)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ron:

@ricarmic wrote:
PS You have some good sources. Current used material is very very hard to source anymore! (How many times do you get asked if you'll tell them where you get the stamps!)

Good point.

Bill

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ron:

Further thought.

I  have never been asked to reveal my source from a customer. 

If I was, my response would be " I source my material from multiple sources and I have no way of knowing from which source your  material originated."

Bill

@ricarmic wrote:

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi Bill! I've been asked many times and my stuff is not as current generally as you can get.... I advise them to spend 40 years and lots of $$$ finding good sources just like I've done, usually I'll point them to the APS or CSDA or the printed newspapers....
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Bill and Rick:

Well, the dining room table has disappeared again and there are six cartons adorning the living room couch.

The buying continues......

But on topic--

https://ircalc.usps.com/

Tracked international shipping is higher than most think.

And the Americans looooooove tracking.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many US sellers have no idea that they are offering GSP!!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Good point, hon.

It's an indication of how small the international market is for many sellers that years after they were enrolled in the GSP, without notice, that they are only now learning that they offer international shipping.

If the GSP option gives a US/UK seller a slight bump in Search, but discourages actual international sales, which are scary, the US/UK seller may regard it as a plus.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply