Earth Month Promotion - 70% Off Final Value Fees

Hello,

Just letting anyone know who hasn't seen an email about it yet to keep your eyes out for email from eBay about Earth Month Promotion. It is for 70% off FVF's for 20 items LISTED during period of April 14 - 20th and sold before automatic renewal in selected categories. Sorry I don't know how to copy it over but I just saw it come through on my email just now and take a peek or search it up. It has to be "Activated" to work, mine is now showing under Promotions.

Sounds similar to one they ran a couple of months back but is 70% off instead of 50!

Hoping we can all make use of this! I better start doing up more listings (let's hope for no glitches!)

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@msau4301 

I believe this should be the link:

https://www.rsvp.ebay.ca/rsvp/signup/1010118/_dUFzmEJ5Xk

It's supposed to be by invite only. So unable to guarantee it will work for everyone but here's to hoping!!!! 🤞 It was in my gmail mail but nowhere to be found in eBay mail.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I clicked on the link Lotz provided and it told me I was already signed up (I think because I did the one earlier)! I went and looked on .CA and yep it's there, 0/20 at the moment!

I don't care how, I'm just glad I got it again, I got all 20 last time, shooting for the same this time!!!

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Thanks lotz! Yes, same for me it was only in my regular email, same as last Selling Event promo.

Here's hoping! eBay should be huge on the Earth month thing, so many of us are re-using and re-selling!

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I got 13/20 last time, so hoping for at least the same!

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, as an infrequent/occasional seller, I rarely get promo emails but the link worked so will see what happens...

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Thanks, as an infrequent/occasional seller, I rarely get promo emails but the link worked so will see what happens...

@mrdutch1001 

The promo awhile back that I was able to activate (50% off fees) I got 9 of 10 which turned into 10 of 10 because of multi units. The last one @msau4301  mentioned (20) I got the eBay message which I activated, I got crickets in sales. I've been chalking promos entirely luck of the draw and/or hitting the categories. Like the lotteries, if you don't buy a ticket you have zippo chance of winning.To quote Alan Parsons..Ebay "games people play in the middle of the night"!!

-Lotz

PS. Testing my memory here but I believe the 10 promo had a shorter window. Go figure that 1 working out better.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for posting that! When I saw that pop up this morning in an email, in a sleep-deprived state I deleted it thinking it was a buying promotion lol.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Is this just on .ca, I list on .com?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I think it's just on .ca, here is info copied over from requirements:

Who is eligible?

The Promotion is available to sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

This promotion does not apply to items that sellers have listed on non-Canadian websites (e.g. ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, etc.).

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I checked and apparently i'm signed for it. I made a sale since and unfortunately it stays 0/20. Thinking a about it i'm already signed for the 9.5% FVF until i think it's september. I guess it won't work for me as promos can't be added up? Is there any way for someone in my situation tu use those 20 discounts?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I don't know anything about the sign up for lower fees or how that would come into play but make sure you've hit the "Activate" button. I activated it as soon as I saw my email and did it from there but my understanding is you can also activate it from the Promotions section on Seller Hub.

Also for sales to qualify they have to have been newly listed since the activation. Was your sale on a new listing made today after the start date? I had a sale today also but it was from a listing I had up before today's start so it didn't qualify. It's on until the 20th so hopefully over the next few days.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

I checked and apparently i'm signed for it. I made a sale since and unfortunately it stays 0/20. Thinking a about it i'm already signed for the 9.5% FVF until i think it's september. I guess it won't work for me as promos can't be added up? Is there any way for someone in my situation tu use those 20 discounts?

@rocketscollectibles 

From my interpretation of what I have been seeing these recent promos, it has to be either a new listing or a listing that rolls over (GTC) and sells for the promo to apply along with being in the correct category.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

For this one, if your item isnt listed as Conditoon USED or PRE OWNED you wont get the discount! I have sold stuff since accepting and didnt get the discount, so was reading up more on it and seen the condition needs to be selected in order to qualify

In case anyone else wonders!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Any idea what happens if you list and put your items on time away for a week during the promotion period?  Any effect on getting the discount?

Thanks.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Boo hoo, it looks like I won't have anything that qualifies in my stamp world. 😪

My world doesn't really have a "used" vs "new" in the categories I usually use.

I do have "used" item specifics, I was quite pleased because I had a couple $250 items sell that were "used" in item specifics that I listed yesterday and sold yesterday but did not qualify.

My guess is that only sub categories in the stamps world would qualify like a "used" album or books or supplies for example, I seem to remember them having an "official" new/used qualification.

Rats.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

That sucks 😔 guess the whole Earth Week theme only covers certain areas of used, weird. I would definitely have thought stamps were collectibles (I used to love collecting them) and if you had them specified as used might just be they fall into another category that isn't covered.

So far I've been lucky on the one sale I've had on new listings since activation and it was definitely used (a 1970's doll) and it did qualify. 

Those $250 sales you had would have been nice to save on! Mine was only $75 but with the taxes and shipping portion it gave me a $7.62 discount which I thought was decent.

Hope something else qualifies/works out for you!

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Yeah I sell sports cards and it says sports cards in the title of the promotion as well. I did literally everything it says to in the promotion made entirely new ads no relisting etc etc and its not counting any of mine either they are just taking full value
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I believe you have to show the condition as used/pre owned. Some of your listings don't have a condition showing so that could be why they didn't qualify.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply