Ebay FRAUD, They let a customer steal my laptop and keep the money

I sold my laptop and the customer claimed that there was something wrong with it. I couldn't get a shipping label from Canada Post the lady at the post office said they couldn't do it so I called ebay while the case was on hold to let them know I couldn't get a shipping label form the post office I went to. The lady on the phone said that I just needed to get a note from the post office stating I was unable to get a return label from them. So I went down to the post office and got what requested used the link they sent and uploaded the document they requested. I called back on June 27, 2022 to make sure they recived the document and was told they would contact the buyer to have it returned and credit the buyer. This was deciet and a dishonest act by ebay. I haven't sold anything on here for years and had no idea they were ripping people off like this. On June 30, 2022 they took the hold off and gave the money back to the buyer. SO THE BUYER HAS MY LABTOP AND THE MONEY FROM EBAY. I contacted the RCMP to file a fraud charge against ebay or should I press charges against the buyer for fraud. I also filed a complaint with the Better business. I contacted the buyer to let them know I was filing a criminal complain and to return the laptop. ebay lied to me over and over and over and I got scammed because of it. I am not sure how their policies can override criminal law. 

Is there anything else I can do to stop them from stealing my laptop? I have changed my bank account and closed the one linked to this ebay account so they can't get the money out. I kept all the calls and documentation for my case against these scammers. Can I go to the buyer residents and demand to have the laptop back?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Ebay FRAUD, They let a customer steal my laptop and keep the money

OK , I read further and saw that eBay uses Twitter as a platform to buy/sell also. I did not know that bc  I stay away from Twitter. Those people who are joking about this guy losing $$$ (LAPTOP) will get their KARMA.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Most people don't care until it happens to them. That's the way it's been for a very LONG time! That's why I'm a loner. You seem to be an ESL? (English Second Language). Your comments are hard to decipher.  I hope that you get some justice here, but I'm leery. Good luck to you!

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Kijiji advises buyers to do all transactions face to face??? So, I'm going to buy an expensive plane ticket to fly 3,000 miles to buy a $100.00 item? I live in a RURAL area, so I need a reliable postal service to ship for me. I also need HONEST sellers which is NOT today's reality either.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

NOT funny either! SHAME on you!

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

You are a bit 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

• In all likelihood the original OP will never read your post as
  •  
  • @brent_the_king is (Not a registered user) anymore...
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Evidently, you have not read the entire post about this matter, only the bits that you "latched" on to...

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

The Buyer did pay for the laptop and the Seller was uncooperative in helping the Buyer with their issues.

eBay refunded the Buyer, as the Seller did not respond to the Buyer in a professional manner and lost the "case".

The ONLY person at fault here was the Seller, and they are no longer registered on the site.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@nickkenn61 I just lost over $300.00 to a seller who just never shipped the item.

Well, if you purchased the item on eBay you lost nothing as you can claim the item as not received and you will be fully refunded ...

So what have you lost?

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

EBay has three social media Chats:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Twitter strikes me as the most difficult with their restrictions on the number of words/keystrokes in a Tweet.

The advantage of Chat is that you can proofread your own post, and since you get a transcript, you can review what you think you were told in case it is not what you were actually told.

@nickkenn61 I just lost over $300.00 to a seller who just never shipped the item.

When was the laptop supposed to be delivered?

You are covered for 30days from the last estimated date for delivery by the Money Back Guarantee.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Did the seller give you a tracking number? What does that show as the location of the purchase?

You are also covered by the chargeback policies of the credit card you ultimately used for payment.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

Won't read everything but i'll add in here that this is out of mind that CP, or even eBay, can't offer an easy way to create a return label. Especially nowadays that returns online are everydays. This is where OP lost his case, by not being able to provide a label

I had a similar case a few months ago where i did not know how to create a return label because it was overcomplicated, and i got forced to refund running out of time

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Won't read everything but i'll add in here that this is out of mind that CP, or even eBay, can't offer an easy way to create a return label. Especially nowadays that returns online are everydays. This is where OP lost his case, by not being able to provide a label.

Creating a return label for a return within Canada is a relatively straightforward procedure once the learning curve has been negotiated. What’s not so straightforward is when the buyer is located in a different country than the seller.

For what it’s worth, the new eBay International Shipping service is supposed to make this a lot easier for US sellers.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply