Ebay: RED CARPET FOR BUYER...SPIT IN THE SELLERS FACE

Had a customer claim that they didn't receive a package i sent via small packet air mail, the first 10 minutes they could start a claim they did, with a message from the buyer stating they still wanted the item. Even i knew this lady was trying to screw me large, i still went agead and sent a second item with tracking this time. As soon as the 2nd item showed travel history on the canada post tracking app, the customer screwed me sgain and called ebay the very same day to get her fulk refund. I contested agaibst ebay decisions, but they went ahead and refunded buyer, closed the case even tho the order was on the wsy. As soon That the 2nd order got delivered to the buyer's house I contacted eBay once twice 3 × 4 × 4 times and a 5th time for them to tell me they said because i coukd not Prove that I sent the 1st item only the 2nd they could not refund me back. So i lost $121.00 and it took me calling ebay 5 times, spent 5 hoyrs 36 minutes in total time on hokd, calling back, waitibg for them to figure it out and on tge 5fth call. That kasted over 1 hour...i had a super duper arrogant, most likely the go to girl that can't accept a loss in her " EBAY BOOKS" CAUSE shes on a roll with not giving out money or ebay losses. She was tryibg to make up excuses and find looo homes as she went and couldnt get me on the first 3 attepts, because she saw that i knew ebay policies. All that ti say, ebay takes a **bleep** ton of money in LISTING FEES, FINAL VALUE FEES, ADVERTISEMENT FEES, IF U ACTUALLY WANT TO SELL ANYTHING, THE PROMOTION FOR BUYERS, KEEP ARE PRICES LOW, AND NOW THE NEW AUCTION STYLE PROMOTION FEE THEY JUST ADDED. HERES WHAT I PROMISE TO DO... TALK THE TRUTH ABOUT EBAY, THEIR EVIL WAYS AND TELL THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE THE DIRT YOU FIND ON A PEICE OF **bleep** THATS BEEN ROLLED AROUND OUTSIDE ON THE GROUND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. THEY ARE CKEARLY MUCH WORSE THAN THAT, BUT THEY WILK ALREADY REMOVE THIS SPEECH FOR CALLING THEM THE MOLECULES TIED TO AN OUTSIDE ROLLED AROUND PIECE OF DOG POO. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay: RED CARPET FOR BUYER...SPIT IN THE SELLERS FACE

Events like this are frustrating but points out the weak points in your business, areas that need a rethink and policy change. If there is a loophole or vulnerable part of your business the customer will eventually find it. Big business will actually pay consulting fees to find vulnerabilities such as this, they in a way did you a favor. now you can rethink it, adjust policy. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What I do for an INR for everyone except a repeat buyer is communicate with them politely,  request their permission to refund at the last possible time (before the automagic process starts) and assuming it did not arrive and they were refunded, block them, irregardless of the message attached to the case. I do not send replacements.

Many years ago (22 years here) I had the same problem lost a few in a row a couple times, less expensive ones though, that caused the policy I've used ever since. 

My world is "safe" enough that my "cookie jar insurance" covers the losses.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Small Packet is not tracked.

If they claim not to have received it, you cannot prove otherwise. You will be refunding.

Even i knew this lady was trying to screw me large, i still went agead and sent a second item with tracking this time.

Do not send replacements. It will not arrive within the original delivery period which makes it "Not Delivered" and you will be refunding.

When you have an Not Delivered dispute, do NOT replace.

There is no reason to believe the item can be delivered. If it were Undeliverable, it would eventually return to you.

When you cannot prove delivery, refund.

Do NOT replace.

You are now out two items and your payments.

And that is why you do NOT replace.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ah.

Coins.

In my opinion, all coin transactions are high risk.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If it is worth $121..... it should have been shipped with tracking..... always.

If the buyer was a problem with the first shipment...  why do a second shipment...  tracked 

Buyer now will have two of the same item!!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It should be tracking.... PLUS.... insurance.... for an item valued at $120!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I look at it this way if an individual has the disposable income to purchase coins that individual can afford to pay for the shipping & ins.

If they cannot, will no, or do not want to, it's a big ...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply