Error Message while trying to send invoice

Trying to send an invoice with shipping for an international order (France) in "Manage all order" with the "Send Invoice" button and am getting "Error: There was a technical error - please try again in a moment" Anyone else having issues? Can eBay support chime in? Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It may be a random glitch or it may be that the buyer was in the process of submitting payment while you were invoicing them.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I hope so! I accepted the offer and I like to get the invoice sent out immediately after. It's showing a total of item price and no shipping so don't want buyer confused either thinking shipping is free (it isn't for this item lol)

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

When the buyer clicks on pay now, an invoice will automatically come up for them showing the agreed upon price plus the amount of shipping that was stated in the listing. It's really not a good idea to send an invoice when you are using calculated shipping because the shipping amount is then set in stone and the calculator doesn't recalculate if the buyer changes their address after purchase but before paying. 

For example, the buyer might have been searching with an address close to you when they made the offer but after you accepted they decided to have it sent to an address in another province. If you send the invoice the shipping will stay the same as shown on the invoice.  If you don't send an invoice, the calculator will figure out shipping to the new address when the buyer pays.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

But what if the buyer has purchased 2 items and I want to combine shipping and sen him, or her, a combined invoice?
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@ca_stace wrote:
But what if the buyer has purchased 2 items and I want to combine shipping and sen him, or her, a combined invoice?

As long as the Buyer has not paid for either item you can send a combined invoice.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

This is still happening!   I called EBay help yesterday and the clueless person eventually said he would escalate to find out what was happening.  He vaguely stated that there was a technical problem.  Later in the day I got a callback stating that the problem was resolved and that I would have not further problems.  I tried again this morning and still get the same error message.  Not sure if the invoice actually went or not as I checked the box to copy myself and did indeed get an email, (although no evidence that the buyer was copied). 

Is there anyone from EBay technical support monitoring this forum?   If so please find out what is going on and fix the problem.  

Not happy.  

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

It is probably best to start a new thread as this one is a year old and they may close it.  There are no techs who monitor these boards but I’ll call one of the eBay reps and he may be able to notify someone.

tyler@ebay 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @pjcdn2005!

Hi @townshipstrader - to PJ's point the original post of this thread is old enough that I'm going to close it from future replies. There were a few issues with checkout and payment earlier this week, but they should be resolved at this point in time.  If you're still running into this will you please go to Seller Central (link here) choose 'Start a new discussion' and type up a bit more information about what you're encountering when you attempt to send an invoice? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Another BS reply that the problem is resolved when it is NOT.  Links tomsay I’m pleased with the reply or to choose that the issue is closed.  Nothing to say that there is still a problem and that your customer is not happy.  You have really lost your way.  You better hope you never have competition or you will not survive.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Been happening to me last few weeks as well. 

Any international order I get :

There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

This is still happening. I've got to send some invoices and cannot.

every time - "There was a technical error - please try again in a moment."

eBay is very good at collecting their money by the way. No glitches on that page at all.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I don't usually send out invoices since the buyer receives one from eBay but earlier posters have said that even when they get the message that there was a problem sending the invoice, the buyers are still receiving it.  If you've checked off to send you a copy of the invoice to your email and you receive it, I would assume that the buyer has as well.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yes when I was getting the message, I did "tick" and receive my copies of the invoice, so it makes sense the buyers did too.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

This is an error message that's been ongoing for over a month or more.  When you  send a second or amended invoice it will arrive almost immediately to a secondary email address. As for your eBay address they have been arriving much faster than when this problem first cropped up. Then it was several hours later. Sadly it's still an error message sellers are seeing.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 16 of 16
latest reply