Haven't been able to see my item views for a week now?

I was looking for other people with the same situation the only thing I can find is posts 2 - 4 weeks ago .. My item view numbers have showed - Instead of a number for at least a week now . is this a problem for all sellers right now ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yes, and it is driving me crazy.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

This has been going on for a long time.  Many here find it annoying, but as long as we keep listing and selling, there is no hurry to fix it.  Some here don't seem to care if they can see views, others find it a useful tool.  If long enough time goes by, and people stop complaining, it will probably no longer be part of the details on our selling page.  After all, only the sellers need this info.  If it had to do with getting buyers to the listing, it would have been fixed long ago.  It seems odd, that this particular glitch can't be fixed.  Unless, it's not a glitch, it's simply a way of eliminating something, without actually announcing a permanent change.  It's like the frog in the pot of cold water.  only when the water comes to a boil, does he know he's been cooked.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Just spotted something else a little wacky about my Active Listings page. Was checking mine and  it shows 4 items with a single Watcher but 0 Views. Should this even be possible? Not  sure if we can trust the accuracy of any of this displayed information!!!

-CM

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If you refresh your screen a time or two, normally it re-establishes the correct view count.

This has been happening for a couple weeks now.....
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I tried refreshing again. Now shows 15 views for 1 listing but other 3 still show 0. Should be a note that flashes. Updates will be at eBay's convenience.  wink

-CM

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yep generally what I've been seeing:

When my list shows mostly nothing

Refreshes sometimes populate most.

Enough refreshes populate all.

Random number of refreshes required.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I was just doing some relists and they were showing Views in about the expected numbers.... so, fingers crossed.

A seller on dotCOM was just reporting that she had listed a meat saw and after an hour had 185 Views. There may still be some wonkiness.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I talked to a eBay CS Rep about a week ago and the view counter is being phased out from the listing page. 

I haven't had a view counter for about a week and a half now......

Here is another thread on the subject;

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Well-it-looks-like-eBay-has-finally-phased-out-quot-View...

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Removing the view counter from the page doesn't mean that they will not continue to show the number of views on sellers hub/selling manager/my ebay.   It's possible that while they are removing those view counters, they have caused some sort of programming error so that views aren't registering at all??  Its odd though that its not a consistent problem as I have views on the majority of my items.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Removing the view counter from the page doesn't mean that they will not continue to show the number of views on sellers hub/selling manager/my ebay.   It's possible that while they are removing those view counters, they have caused some sort of programming error so that views aren't registering at all??  Its odd though that its not a consistent problem as I have views on the majority of my items.

My Active Listings in Selling Manager is also showing "0" views so it is typical eBay messing things up again.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, but is anyone else seeing Views on their listings? Started doing a check a short time ago and  now seeing them magically appear on my listings and are increasing by (1) with each additional view? No idea how accurate the counts are, but it's an improvement.

-CM

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Same here! Home computer crashed so was using mobile and thought it must be a mobile glitch. Checked on another computer and still nothing consistent. Once in a while I can see the views but mostly not. Very frustrating as I don't know what is being viewed and therefore don't know where to focus my listings. Anyone know the whys or wherefores of this problem?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply