How to find a member on eBay?

For the last couple of days I have been having questions from someone supposedly on eBay, the emails were not coming through one of my listings. The location said Algeria, I explained that I don't sell there, but they said they were in Montreal. They keep asking why I am charging postage, why it takes so long etc. etc. I tried to add them to the blocked buyer list, but I get the message that they are not valid.

How do I get rid of them, I don't know how to find their ID on eBay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@triber wrote:

For the last couple of days I have been having questions from someone supposedly on eBay, the emails were not coming through one of my listings. The location said Algeria, I explained that I don't sell there, but they said they were in Montreal. They keep asking why I am charging postage, why it takes so long etc. etc. I tried to add them to the blocked buyer list, but I get the message that they are not valid.

If they have a valid eBay ID they can be located using the following link.

https://pages.ebay.ca/services/forum/feedback-login.html

-Lotz

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If the person really is from eBay it should show up here in your messages with the "New message from (user name)" and you could get it there. If it isn't here in your messages and only in your personal email messages chances are they are not who they say. I get tons of emails in my personal account from people claiming to be from PayPal, DHL (or many other) couriers, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. the list goes on. I always use the "Report Phishing" option (I use Microsoft Outlook for my personal emails). Worse case if you can't block them ignore them and they will eventually (hopefully) give up soon.

Anyone who doesn't get why we charge postage and we can't control how long items take to arrive probably hasn't done legitimate online shopping!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@triber wrote:

If they have a valid eBay ID they can be located using the following link.

https://pages.ebay.ca/services/forum/feedback-login.html

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, it says this profile isn't available, NOT someone I am going to keep corresponding with, I think I"ll give eBay a call and get them to check on this profile, they may be doing this to other buyers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I received a message from a buyer from Algeria, asking where in Canada was I from.  I think this is the same  person.   algeria.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Exactly the same! I phoned eBay and the rep tried to find the account on eBay but couldn't find it. I was told not to reply to any more questions. What I don't understand is that they have 3 positive feedbacks.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Since the entire account is a fantasy, they could have 3000 FB because : fiction.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Since the entire account is a fantasy, they could have 3000 FB because : fiction.

Is it possible it might be a hijacked account? One I checked with 500 feedbacks just stated no longer registered user. Wasn't able to message even if I wanted to.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The very helpful eBay rep. said she was putting in an order for an investigation on this account.

The last message I received was;

What do you mean with not valid i have money and i can buy what i want

Message 9 of 9
latest reply