I just deleted all of my 1800 listings time to boycott Ebay Management Payment

33nhl
Community Member

I just ended all my 1800+ listings after talking to Ebay costumer support as they would not transfer me to supervisor.

Reason is now i find out that get this

A buyer in Canada can make an offer on an item thus you as seller thinking that the item will be shipped to Canada thus before accepting the offer you know that you will pay 12.35% in fees of the total invoice.

So you accept the offer and send an invoice

Now though the buyer can change the address and have the item shipped to China/Australia/Russia where ever they want so they can change the address. mean while in the invoice you had sent thinking it be sent in Canada thus say cost shipping you put in the invoice say $5.00  now ends up costing you $20.00 to ship to some other country meanwhile in the invoice the buyer pays for shipping will be $5.00  not $20.00

Further more Ebay loves this cause now you as seller going to pay ebay an extra 1% fee of the total amount cause now the buyer put a different shipping address then what you thought would be Canadian mailing address.

If this is not a pure scam by Ebay then i dont know what is.

I was told now this will be the norm a buyer can make offer with one country address and have it mailed to an other country.

Was clearly told if i dont like it not list or to stop selling to USA or INTERNATIONAL but still that wont stop cause if buyer uses Canada to make offer can still have it shipped over seas thus Ebay again screws seller by still collecting 1%  more in fees.

The only way to 100% avoid this would be not to accept offers as then and only then when a buyer makes the actual purchase with clciking on the buy now button then and only then the item has to be sent to address registered when buyer makes the purchase.

Time  has come to boycott Ebay......  

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: I just deleted all of my 1800 listings time to boycott Ebay Management Payment

@33nhl wrote:

This is similar to if you have multiple options for shipping with in your listing

The buyer can now select what ever shipping they want if you provide multiple options

Thus if you have 

Regualr mail

Express post

Registered

UPS

FED EX

and in the invoice you send to buyer  showing item must be sent FED EX 

the buyer before paying can select regualr mail instead or vis versa

but i guess this too is not problem

I don't see the problem there.  As mentioned earlier, you sending the invoice froze the shipping amount on the invoice.  The buyer could change their address but they can't change the shipping cost or method on the invoice.   If the shipping method you chose was based on them being in x country but they are really in xx country, then there are options...cancel...or have them pay more.

If you didn't send an invoice then yes, they could choose whichever method they chose but since the method would coordinate with the address that they entered on payment, I don't see why that would be problem.   I understand that you base the offer on your expenses but if situations like this to happen often (which apparently hasn't been the case so far)  you might want to add a percentage in your offer just for incidentals. 

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Re: I just deleted all of my 1800 listings time to boycott Ebay Management Payment

Now I'm confused.  I thought you are boycotting but you still have  500+ listings up.

I see that you added this in to at least one of your listings... 

IMPORTANT Please read all details below before bidding or making a purchase

With new Management Payment System now as a seller having to pay an extra 0.40% in fees if you as a buyer are in the USA or 1% in fees extra if you are in Europe, I'm forced to adjust pricing on items or when receiving offers on items to take into consideration these increases now upon us as sellers.

---------------

When you were with PP did you tell buyers that you were going to add .8% to the offer if they were in the US and 1% if they were in another country?  That's what PP had charged for probably at least for 5 years...probably longer.   Before that they didn't have an extra charge for US buyers but they did charge extra   for overseas buyers as long as I've around. 

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

Yes i  added that a while back and i did have a phone call with supervisor and was told my options but wont go into detail what was told.

It will be very simple for me going forward, now most listings wont have BEST OFFER OPTION and

If they do have best offer and i get an offer on an item i will have to  message the potential buyer and confirm there country then decide if i want to sell at the said offer or sell it to the buyer offline from Ebay.

I wont be sending invoices  nor will be sending any offers to potentail  buyers that could be intersted in certain item as now ebay shows you that on each item says send an offer to potential buyer that has interest in your item.

As for fees we all have to pay them but its good know ahead of time if when you sell an item the you will be paying extra 1% fee or not on the sale before accepting an offer  or look at  those sellers in the USA paying 2% more in fees when they send item to Canada or to Europe.

I dont have store nor do i run it as business I have been doing it as a hobby and slowly small guys like me and others are slowly being pushed out with crazy rules and crazy fees.

Heck even if you paid me i would not list on Ebay and pay listing fees. cause the listing fees alone to list 1000 items cost $400.00 but i know some will say get a store subscription thats an other waste of good money.

So i use all possible free listings promos i can get

I only have and only will use free listings on Ebay as there are other sites i list for free and many others are doing the same thing plus when item is sold there are no fees, for me it's a  hobby and every pennie counts. I dont depend on Ebay for $$$ to make living i have been doing it as a hobby since 2001 when i joined, had i been doing it as a business i be broke, reason the sellers i use to buy hockey boxes from on ebay now sell ther prodcut offline from Ebay cause no way in hell do they want to give Ebay about 10% in fees from there sales.  they pay the 2.3% to paypal but they keep the 10% ebay would take from them.    

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Heck even if you paid me i would not list on Ebay and pay listing fees. cause the listing fees alone to list 1000 items cost $400.00 but i know some will say get a store subscription thats an other waste of good money.

Umm- you get 250 Free Listings without a Store. So your monthly fee for another 750 listings would be $262.50.

A Basic Store would give you 350 listings for $28 a month, and the other 650 for an additional $65.00.

A Premium Store would give you up to 1000 listings for the subscription cost of $75 a month.

Store subscribers also the a slight reduction in FVF.

You are being penny wise and pound foolish.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

Umm- you get 250 Free Listings without a Store. So your monthly fee for another 750 listings would be $262.50.

A Basic Store would give you 350 listings for $28 a month, and the other 650 for an additional $65.00.

A Premium Store would give you up to 1000 listings for the subscription cost of $75 a month.

Why would i pay Ebay to list items when 90% of the time an item wont sell unless its a brand new collectable or if i list a $200.00 item in an auction format and it gets swiped at the last seconds biddings for next to nothing.

You can create 10 varient listings and in it have 100 items for sale, so why give hard earn money to Ebay to have a store, many are doing varient listings i have seen one seller has 500 items in one varient listing all football sport cards.

I guess some like to give ebay there $$$$$$ when there is a way to list 10000 items for free month in month out

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@33nhl 

With the basic store you will get free listings. Quantities can and do vary. Along with the slight FVF fee discount you are "currently" able to sort your items into groups that work best for you. Something you cannot do without a store. Sometimes for buyers they prefer searching in smaller chunks vs scrolling and scrolling, getting bored and going elsewhere. They alsohave options to search from within the store and find just your listings. All that for 19.95(per month-yearly contract) 24.95 (month to month). Taxes extra. K-tel patty stacker...Not included!!  🙂

-Lotz

PS. In your situation you could arrange by team, by year or by brand for a few possible examples.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

You dont need a store for buyer to be able to search easy for a certain card if you have it for sale.

All buyer does is click on section with in listing says (See other items)  then on next page all you have to do is type at the very top what typ of card player name you looking for and if seller has it will show up

thus if you were looking for and typed in 2015-16  Upper Deck Connor Mcdavid then if seller has any cards in that year of Connor Mcdavid they will show up, thats what i use to do when i was buying hockey boxes from a seller and be able to search for a hockey box if thay had it for sale, so no need to give ebay hard earned money.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

What happened with the boycott? Did eBay cave to your demands?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@pjcdn2005

You wrote:  Or ask  them for their PP address and send them an invoice for the extra shipping amount. 

Members have not been able to share email address on eBay for years now. Which is what is needed to send a PayPal invoice. So how could this ever work?

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

IF eBay Canada had provided the Starter Store as they did for USA sellers, I would have given that a go while still a seller here on eBay, but apparently .CA does not see the merit in providing that store option for us low volume/casual sellers, and the Basic store is too expensive for my lower value, casual sellings on eBay, so I chose to go elsewhere where the fees are low and the site accommodates my needs.

Message 30 of 39
latest reply

@blackranda2 

You are allowed to send an email address if you are already in a transaction, not before.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

IF eBay Canada had provided the Starter Store as they did for USA sellers, I would have given that a go while still a seller here on eBay, but apparently .CA does not see the merit in providing that store option for us low volume/casual sellers, and the Basic store is too expensive for my lower value, casual sellings on eBay, so I chose to go elsewhere where the fees are low and the site accommodates my needs.

They (Starter & Enterprise) were promised as part of a 2018  announcement with an delay update in July 2019. <Is it here yet?> Disclaimer

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Store-Subscriptions-on-eBay-ca-They-re-Still-Coming/b...

As for eBay Labels those were promised in the Spring 2020 announcement.

=  eBay Tape Delay.

-Lotz

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

I doubt that they will ever have the starter store here now.  It's redundant on .com now as Managed Payment sellers get 250 free listings with a starter store or with no store at all.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Except for the fact that it was part of an eBay official announcement 2 plus years ago and may have been something some sellers could have used and saved them some money along the way.

-Lotz

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

July 4  2:30 Pacific they all look live and active to me. You may want to re check that.LIve.JPG

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Didn't happen. Maybe it was a ladycott.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

I did the same!! They are crooks and after selling for 22 years on Ebay they will never get another penny from me! I've been waiting over a month for money they owe me on two items that sold!

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

@eagle_eyes00 wrote:

I did the same!!

The same? You deleted all your listings and then reposted them all a few days later?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

eBay is very loose & unpredicable with any of its "promises" and eBay Canada is useless when it comes to doing anything innovative.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply