If I can not sign up.....

then UNBLOCK my seller restriction due to not being able to sign up.  ebay stopped signups in canada accornding to your own annoncements 

"We will email and notify you in My Messages on eBay when you can register to have eBay manage your payments. eBay will require all sellers in Canada to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021."

YET you block sellers accounts for not being signed up.   

Does lefthand NOT have clue as to what right hand is doing. 

FIX this or COMPENSATE the sellers for lost access to the site we payfor. 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: If I can not sign up.....

portfelt
Community Member

I have been going through this BS now for 2 weeks. Cannot sell because I cannot register. I have called them 6 times now and all I get is an excuse their software is screwed up.  Anybody for a class action lawsuit?

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@in-need-of-cash-too wrote:

then UNBLOCK my seller restriction due to not being able to sign up.  ebay stopped signups in canada accornding to your own annoncements 

You're the second poster who says there's been an announcement to this effect but I can't find anything on the Announcements board.  Do you have a link or screenshot to share with this information?  What you quoted is not an annoucement that the registration process has been suspended; it's just an alert that you'll be required to register soon.  Not everybody registers for Managed Payments at the same time.

@in-need-of-cash-too wrote:

"We will email and notify you in My Messages on eBay when you can register to have eBay manage your payments. eBay will require all sellers in Canada to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021."

YET you block sellers accounts for not being signed up.   

Does lefthand NOT have clue as to what right hand is doing. 

You still have listings posted for the ID you used to post here.  I don't know if you're referring to this ID or a different ID, but it appears that your ability to sell hasn't been restricted.  Perhaps your ability to list has been suspended so that you don't have new listings in the system when you do get to register.  Do you have a deadline date yet?

I don't think you're going to get much help from eBay here.  These discussion boards weren't really set up for these sorts of issues.  Twitter and Facebook have eBay Canada customer service pages you can try if you're comfortable bringing your difficulty to somebody's attention online.  I'm assuming you do it through a private message.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

The basic problem is that at the end of their contract with PP, eBay will have no way to pass payments from the customers (who can still use PP) to the sellers who are not in Managed Payments.

What is the reason you cannot sign up for Managed Payments.

Some important ones are

• not having a checking account in the same name as your eBay account.
  • Being registered on dotCOM not dotCA
  • Being angered or fearful by the demand to give your SIN.

The first is easiest.  Open a new online bank account with a no-fee checking account and the same name as your eBay account.

The second is more complex, but a few long-term sellers have been through it.

EBay is an American company with a weak grasp of Canadian law. You are never required to give your SIN, accepted ID includes your drivers license or passport number.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.

I had an invitation and set up a $US bank account in preparation for moving to Managed Payments but there was a glitch when I tried to sign up.

It was fixed but the invitation to sign up disappeared and after fixing more glitches my ability to work with my lisitings was blocked.

Now I can't work on my listings nor can I sign up for the program.   They promised it would be fixed within a couple of days but it's still the same.  Go Figure!  

For Fsakes just lift the restriction or re-send the invitation.  (What's the name of the eBay guy who helps Canadians with this stuff?)

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

The basic problem is that at the end of their contract with PP, eBay will have no way to pass payments from the customers (who can still use PP) to the sellers who are not in Managed Payments.

What is the reason you cannot sign up for Managed Payments.

Some important ones are

• not having a checking account in the same name as your eBay account.
  • Being registered on dotCOM not dotCA
  • Being angered or fearful by the demand to give your SIN.

The first is easiest.  Open a new online bank account with a no-fee checking account and the same name as your eBay account.

The second is more complex, but a few long-term sellers have been through it.

EBay is an American company with a weak grasp of Canadian law. You are never required to give your SIN, accepted ID includes your drivers license or passport number.

If a person is still physically connected to PayPal because they are not fully enrolled shouldn't funds keep moving to PayPal until they are? Or does the ball hit a wall and everything stops dead in its tracks? Welcome to the nowhere zone!!

Beetlejuice.jpg

-Lotz

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Hi. 

Sorry can't find notice  appears to be another  "ebay disappearing trick" 

Blocked for relistes of ended items effective form 16th  

Still have listings that have yet to expire. is why you can still see some of my items. They did not summarily end all items, like the treatended to do. So i got that going for me. 

Do not really expect much help form ebay here BUT this keeps the rant against the machine alive. 

cheers. 

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Just called eBay about this for the second time and my fourth call about not being able to sign up for MP so the restriction is lifted.

He insisted that these two issues are unrelated.  What a headache!  Nothing I could say could get through to the thick headed guy at CS.  

Clearly, the restriction on my account is because I hadn't signed up for managed payment by the 15th just as eBay said would happen.

If they refuse to understand the problem how can they ever fix it?  In the meantime it's a Catch 22.  I can't revise etc. because I haven't signed up for Managed Payments and I can't sign up for Managed Payments because I need to be re-invited.  I have a headache.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Can someone here please send me the contact information for the eBay rep who helps Canadians with eBay issues?

I've called eBay numerous times about this issue and can't get them to do something about this.  It can't  be this difficult.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

"It can't  be this difficult."  ,  "I have a headache." & "Do not really expect much help from ebay"

sadly seems to be the norm now. 

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Seem to be better than the poor sods on the phones.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

Thank you, but I don't twitter nor facebook. 

Im if the distict mind that ebay issues need to be addressed within ebay

and not farmed out to 3rd parties. 

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

It’s not being farmed out to a third party. They’re just different (and from reports, very good) conduits for getting in touch with eBay customer service.

But if you’d prefer just to sit on your thumbs and vent, more power to you.
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

The problem isn't that we want to sit on our thumbs and vent.  We have good reason to vent.

The problem is that there's a glitch in the system.  That's what I was told but and no one is fixing it and in the meantime we're stuck.  

We have restrictions on our accounts which won't be removed until we sign up for Managed Paymets, but we can't sign up for Managed Payments until we get an invitation and currently they are not sending invitations to Canadians.   

They are also threatening to remove all our listings unless we sign up.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

The problem isn't that we want to sit on our thumbs and vent.  We have good reason to vent.

The problem is that there's a glitch in the system.  That's what I was told but and no one is fixing it and in the meantime we're stuck.  

We have restrictions on our accounts which won't be removed until we sign up for Managed Paymets, but we can't sign up for Managed Payments until we get an invitation and currently they are not sending invitations to Canadians.   

They are also threatening to remove all our listings unless we sign up.

In speaking to another seller that recently responded here, they are still being blocked from contacting eBay directly to get things resolved. Their account is locked.They are in total limbo. 

-Lotz

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

We're having the same problem, but I was very persistant and am able to contact eBay directly.   It just takes persistance while they send you in circles trying to avoid a phone call and it sure feels like you're blocked from calling while they're giving you the runaround.

Calls are currently being routed to Columbia.

The problem is that they keep saying that it will be fixed in a few days and nothing changes.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

We're having the same problem, but I was very persistant and am able to contact eBay directly.   It just takes persistance while they send you in circles trying to avoid a phone call and it sure feels like you're blocked from calling while they're giving you the runaround.

Calls are currently being routed to Columbia.

The problem is that they keep saying that it will be fixed in a few days and nothing changes.

You would think with the current volume of problems for people trying, wanting, needing, having to sign up there would be something in the form of an announcement on dot ca so sellers would know how to proceed? Getting the run around should not be the only option. Hopefully they can still at least come to the board. For some that may not even be an option.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Is Tyler still the goto guy for Canadians with problems?  If not who is?  Is someone still running those Wednesday meetins where we could ask someone from eBay for help?

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Hi! As a note I was in the same situation.

I did NOT wait for the email invitation, I went to the payments section of myebay and when I clicked on the registration it worked ok and I was registered. (I haven't yet got a payout, this tuesday will be when I find out that because I picked weekly).

Having said this, they had changed my registration site from US to Canada beforehand so that may be why it worked.

My main point is I never got any emails from the .CA side, just the continuing countdown emails from the US side. 

If you haven't already it might be worthwhile to check the payments section of myebay from time to time, if one clicks registration and they aren't ready it will tell you so.... at least it did for me up until it worked, but things may have changed again as they seem to on a daily basis.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply