Just lost a case with item still in transit how? What do I do now?

Buyer from states opened a case and I checked out the tracking and still shows in transit, he doesnt respond to me and just escalates.. the tracking was uploaded, but I lost the case?? I just lost $420 because of this. 

what the **bleep** do i do? No, I doubt he'll just not accept the package and have it returned lol

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Ebay just sent me a $20 thanks for being loyal coupon all better now 🙂

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Was the 420 some sort of code?

Message 3 of 89
latest reply

eBay has been doing a lot of "quick" refunds....

Tracking shows still in transit..

appears to be a standard protocol on eBay.com.

Could be a good question for this Wednesday... if there is a Wednesday discussion....

eBay has to be reminded of the following from the User Agreement on eBay.ca

----------------------

Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability

We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers.

----------------------

If this is correct then... How can eBay make a refund without the permission of the seller?

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

That $20 coupon is very much separate from the $420 refund.....

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

I was just being sarcastic, I'm going to call them, hopefully its not one of those overseas workers. $419 is a lot of money, I have no idea what kind of dummy worker made the decision to refund. 

Man, I remember I got scammed out of $1000 as a buyer and had to jump hoops to get my money back due to the items being counterfeit, luckily paid with a credit card. When its the other way around even with tracking the buyer gets his money back?? HOW??

Message 6 of 89
latest reply

When was the item sent and how did you send it....surface?

Message 7 of 89
latest reply

What goes around comes around.

Message 8 of 89
latest reply

Hearing about stuff like this, I wonder why sellers don't sue ebay.

If you provided proof of delivery AND the item is still in transit, then you fully deserve to get your money back and have ebay pay a large penalty as punishment to discourage that kind of lazy, mindless business operation.

Message 9 of 89
latest reply

"If you provided proof of delivery AND the item is still in transit,"

???

There is NO proof of delivery.  That is the problem.

The buyer made a claim for goods not received.  PayPal reimbursed the buyer as per policy since he had not received the goods.

How was the parcel shipped?  What specific shipping service was used? Did it meet the requirements of the protection policy for a parcel with that high value (signature of recipient required)?

Message 10 of 89
latest reply

"I just lost $420 because of this. "

???

I do not see any sale for such high amount in the last several months.  What am I missing?  What is the listing number?

Message 11 of 89
latest reply

"There is no proof of delivery." Then why does ebay tell sellers to upload tracking numbers and always ship using registered/insured services?

Showing a document with the sender's info, receiver's info, date, item weight and possibly shipping cost has to count as reasonable evidence to any person.

I suppose the only thing more "proofy" would be to take a continuous video of yourself packing the item, travelling to the post office, and paying to have it shipped, all the while listening to the radio to prove what day it is. Must it come to that?
Message 12 of 89
latest reply

Once again, there is no proof of delivery... yet... since the parcel is in transit = not delivered yet

Until we know all the facts, it is pure speculation as to what the situation really is.

To suggest one should sue eBay on that basis is...... well.... you know....

Message 13 of 89
latest reply

"has to count as reasonable evidence "

Reasonable evidence of what?  That a parcel has been shipped?  What does that have to do with the protection policy requiring signature of the recipient for shipment over a specific value?

Message 14 of 89
latest reply

What you have is proof of shipping.

What Paypal wants is proof of DELIVERY.

And given the value of the shipment, signature confirmation may also be required.

Message 15 of 89
latest reply

I'm missing something here. What was sold, when, how was it shipped?

I won a case very similar to this, mind you, my tracking showed that it was at the buyer's PO. "In Transit" can mean a lot of things. How long has it been "in transit"?

I appreciate that you would like our support, but, we need more facts.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 89
latest reply

Wasn't the signature confirmation requirement recently increased to $850 US?  Or was that just on .com?  My understanding was that it applied to both .com and .ca. 

It would be helpful if the OP would come back and indicate what shipping service he used and where the parcel was going (what country).  If it was sent by air with tracking, then IMO it is wrong of eBay/Paypal to refund the buyer before the estimated delivery date. 

If by surface (assuming with some sort of tracking), then it may be a completely different story, depending on the destination.  In that event, I wouldn't necessarily blame a buyer for opening a case, as in some circumstances the surface delivery can take longer than the time allowed for an INR case to be initiated, leaving the buyer with no further recourse should the parcel never arrive.

Incidentally, I thought the new timelines for opening cases were based on eBay's estimate for delivery, plus 30 days?   I'd like to know exactly where eBay gets those delivery estimates, because I notice on some of my own listings they've been out of sync with the Canada Post estimates, i.e. too short.  This could prompt buyers to open cases too soon, and to be refunded by Paypal just a short time before an item actually arrives.  It would make a joke of using tracking. 

Message 17 of 89
latest reply

From the PayPal website:

What is proof of delivery?

Proof of delivery indicates that the item was delivered to the recipient, and generally comes in the form of an online tracking number. It shows the city & province, or city & country, or postal code to which the package was shipped, the date the package was delivered, and its delivery status.

For payments of $325 CAD or more proof of delivery with signature confirmation of receipt is also required. The proof of delivery doesn't need to show the full street address since some shipping companies don't include this information.

Read the PayPal User Agreement for our complete terms of coverage.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection-faq#

Message 18 of 89
latest reply

They need to update that page as the amount has increased.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#11

Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment, including shipping and taxes, is $850 CAD, or its foreign currency equivalent provided below:

Message 19 of 89
latest reply

That revision went into effect May 14th.  We do not know if the original poster received payment before or after that date.

Message 20 of 89
latest reply