Late Xmas delivery?

How funny is that? Item purchased on Dec 24 (Saturday). Shipped on Dec 28 (first day ChitChats opened). Delivered within 3 days from Montreal, to Massachussets. I ship by economy shipping from Canada - 12 working days delivery, which is January  13. Now imagine, I got LATE DELIVERY DEFECT! 

I asked to remove the defect - my request was rejected. 

Image3.jpg

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Late Xmas delivery?

@38e_avenue 

Even sillier than all that was you should have been protected because of the series of winter storms that were happening over the same time period.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Protections-are-in-place-for-sellers-impacted-by-...

If your business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect your seller performance, including:  

• Your late shipment rate  
  • Your valid tracking upload rate  
  • Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as you uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and have a physical scan from the carrier  
  • Defects resulting from transactions you cancelled   

We will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback and these cases will not impact your service metrics rating for Item not Received.    

Don't you just loveeeeee bots?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

I don't know what your handling time is or which scan (28th or 29th) they considered as being 'accepted' by the post office but ebay might have considered it as being shipped late. They may not have realized that the 27th as a postal holiday either.  But if it was delivered before the estimated delivery date it should correct itself and not show as late. 

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't know what your handling time is or which scan (28th or 29th) they considered as being 'accepted' by the post office but ebay might have considered it as being shipped late. They may not have realized that the 27th as a postal holiday either.  But if it was delivered before the estimated delivery date it should correct itself and not show as late. 

They definitely did NOT consider the 27th as a postal holiday.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@flipistics wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

They even did not consider the 26th as a postal holiday. I have a proof (chat transcript below). The agent asked me, why I did not ship on 26th!!!! Seriously? Well, maybe because everything was closed? Another agent tried to use the Ebay item number as an USPS tracking number - believe or not!

I have a clear record, so this one defect will not change anything, but still .........  what kind of people are working there? I AM SCARED!!!!!!  🤥

Image3.jpg

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

Where did you appeal?

A robotic refusal might be overridden  by an employee.

Try the social media mavens (the phone clerks don't work for eBay). Remind them that you are in Canada and be ready to link to something that shows Canada Post was closed on the 27th.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

I tried all of the options except of FB and Twitter. Just sent a message to Ebay Business. This day (28 Dec).  I shipped 20 orders, so I expect I will be in trouble if I don't act immediately.  Thank you for your advice! 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

ebay had no clue Dec 26 and 27th were Postal Holiday in Canada. I have 3 day handling and I had a number of sales from Dec 24th to Dec27th showing inccorect Ship by dates, they should have been all showing Friday Dec 30th or into the New year and they were all showing Dec 27 -29th. I ship daily anyhow but I like the buffer of the 3day handing becasue ebay doesnt have our backs on anything. I think even in the USA the 26th was a holiday and closed for USPS anyhow.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

Yes there were some complaints about the missed USPS postal holiday on dotCOM and ecommercebytes.

@38e_avenue  - When you get into a social media chat, you should be able to link to the announcement by Canada Post.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/general-information/find-out-operat...

I notice that Dec 27 is not one of the days CPO was closed. Anecdotally, I was in a postal outlet that day and the senior clerk said they were not sure they would get a pickup because the workers that day were "volunteers" and not required to work.  She did not work for Canada Post and was not a member of the union, so take that with a  shaker of salt.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I notice that Dec 27 is not one of the days CPO was closed.

Yes, it is, because Christmas fell on a Sunday.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/closures-and...

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

Here a funny update 😄fun.jpg

BTW, ALL of them were delivered AHEAD of the scheduled delivery date. All defects I got were for "not shipped on time". I am expecting 12 defects more, because at that day I shipped exactly 19 parcels. 😀 

I am still at 1% (3% are allowed), but I really feel cheated ..... . I am living next to both, Canada Post and ChitChats, so I ALWAYS ship the same or the next day. After I got the first defect, I was quite angry, but now I am just amused by the pure absurdity of this ......  

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@flipistics wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I notice that Dec 27 is not one of the days CPO was closed.

Yes, it is, because Christmas fell on a Sunday.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/closures-and...

Apparently, Ebay expected we break into the closed post offices and scan the items ourselves ... 😀

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

I may be having mixed results from my morning coffee but I am confused a bit.

In the original note I was probably distracted by the economy shipping with 12 day delivery time because the defects don't make sense to me, and further to that, why I haven't yet gotten any.

Today I realized I don't see what your handling time is?

Mine is 2 days, I'm presuming yours might be 1 day? (I can't see any of your listings to confirm)

My understanding was that even if it is tracked it shouldn't get dinged if it is shipped "late" against the handling time if it still arrives before the 12 day delivery time in your case which it did.

I know myself I have had a tracked item that had tracking start AFTER my 2 day handling which ultimately arrived in time and I did not get a defect for it, but that was a while ago.

I don't have any defects from this Xmas season so far, and my PO was closed on the 27th.

I've now gone back and checked and most of what I ship is NOT tracked, I see that I only had one tracked sale over the Dec 24-27 timeframe so that will explain how I escaped (from a handling time perspective).

I have to wonder if there's a glitch that only considered the handling time?

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@ricarmic wrote:

Today I realized I don't see what your handling time is?

I have to wonder if there's a glitch that only considered the handling time?

1 day. I need that to keep my blue ribbon at US Ebay.

Image4.jpg

BTW, keeping 1 day handling is not a real problem to me. I live next to a big shopping center, where both - Canada Post and ChitChats, as well as my grocery store are located. Additionally, Walmart has an underground parking allowing me quickly defreeze my car 😁

I get confused, too. One of the agents told me, that the item was supposed to arrive within 3 working days (!!!). Yet, I verified all my listings - all have chosen the "Economy shipping from Canada - 12 working days:

ship.jpg

But in additional comments I found "not shipped on time". It seems just everything is wrong with the defects. 

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

OK this makes more sense to me now, the "not shipped on time" is because it was after your 1 day handling time from the "bots" perspective.

I am pretty sure I got away with this in the past though, although I am no expert, it is possible that the buyer manually marked  mine as arrived on time (they are a regular buyer, I was accumulating stuff for them which made some of the paid for items over-due when shipped) which over-rode what would have automagically been assigned.

I've never had TRP on .COM since they required 1 day handling time. My shipping days for the last 15ish years have been Monday, Wednesday and Friday with exceptions caused by statutory holidays and "life".

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@ricarmic wrote:

OK this makes more sense to me now, the "not shipped on time" is because it was after your 1 day handling time from the "bots" perspective.

I am pretty sure I got away with this in the past though, although I am no expert, it is possible that the buyer manually marked  mine as arrived on time (they are a regular buyer, I was accumulating stuff for them which made some of the paid for items over-due when shipped) which over-rode what would have automagically been assigned.

I've never had TRP on .COM since they required 1 day handling time. My shipping days for the last 15ish years have been Monday, Wednesday and Friday with exceptions caused by statutory holidays and "life".

@ricarmic 

The million dollar question... what is the trigger. Label being generated or label being physically scanned at the post office. I generate small packet air with shippo and plug in the tracking number immediately. The package may get dropped off the next day or a day later(Varies again when there are Canadian holidays in play). To my poor eyes they have never registered as late (same 1 day handling). The goal posts seem to depend on who you talk to, the bots and ebay help page...Basically all tripping over each other.

-Lotz

Late shipment rate - Global

0.00% 0 of 62 transactions (15 or 20 were letter)

Late shipment rate - USA

0.00% 0 of 61 transactions

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

95.45% 21 of 22 transactions (1 Letter)

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@ricarmic wrote:

It's actually kind of absurd that this is a requirement. IMO it should be a 2 business days, but if you ship out 95% of your stuff in 1 business day or less you can get TRP. That allows people to handle unexpected events (like a bad storm, medical emergency, or ebay forgetting when the post office is open) while still providing the exact same customer experience.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@38e_avenue wrote:

@flipistics wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

They even did not consider the 26th as a postal holiday. I have a proof (chat transcript below). The agent asked me, why I did not ship on 26th!!!! Seriously? Well, maybe because everything was closed? Another agent tried to use the Ebay item number as an USPS tracking number - believe or not!

I have a clear record, so this one defect will not change anything, but still .........  what kind of people are working there? I AM SCARED!!!!!!  🤥

Image3.jpg

Even in the US there was no mail delivery on the 26th so their information was really out to lunch.    They should also have considered the 27th as a postal holiday for Canadians.   Its good that you contacted the Facebook people.

As I said earlier, if they were delivered within the est. delivery time they should not count as late.  However, check your listings to see how much time they are actually giving you.  Just because economy shipping is supposed be xxx days, doesn't meant that is what your listings are saying.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

I just noticed that your shipping shows that your listings are showing economy shipping from Canada.  I remember noticing a while ago that those numbers are really out to lunch (more so than the 'shipping from outside the US) so that may have affected things too.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Late Xmas delivery?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I just noticed that your shipping shows that your listings are showing economy shipping from Canada.  I remember noticing a while ago that those numbers are really out to lunch (more so than the 'shipping from outside the US) so that may have affected things too.

I don't really know what's going on. The defects now accumulate - got 12 new ones. Now, all of my items are shown as "late", even if all of them were delivered on time. People from FB seem to be very cooperative, so I asked them to provide help, again. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply