Late delivery

Why is EBay dinging my account with late delivery? I don’t control Canada Post or any other carrier what I can control is shipping time and I have shipped all my sales in 1 working day as estates on my store policy? Are they just trying to put my account in a level to charge me more for their fees?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Late delivery

Did you upload tracking?

What country was it delivered to?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When buyers leaves feedbacks they are asked if the item arrived within estimated delivery. One of your buyers selected it did not. I think they can states late delivery on any untracked shipment. I don't think there's anything we can do. They just answer the question

I received myself my first late shipment 'defect' because one buyer jumped to leave a neutral (my first non-positive in 2 years) on the first day passed estimated delivery time, just to say it was late. Some buyers just don't know that it hurts sellers. Some buyers also just don't know eBay estimates are not accurate. This case was a shipment QC to BC during winter storm, shipped within a day, Nothing i could do. Buyer left neutral + claimed late, like 10 days after purchase

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

yes they are the extra fees they charge you  when you go over 1.99% defect rate - is 6% min. so it stands  to reason they want you to stay  in the defect rate range 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay is not going to do things to force people in to below standard standings as a way to increase revenue to them. The extra fees they charge for those in that state are because of the extra work/costs that generally happens around accounts that have gotten into that state (ie more cases, communications, calls/chats/facebooks with the eBay support staff all of which cost eBay $$$ to provide). Being below standard will tend to mean less sales and profits for the seller which also means less sales and profits for ebay.

The way sellers can protect themselves is by tracking everything. Many of us of course do not track for $$$ savings reasons but that also means by not tracking we take on increased risk of acquiring defects. Having said this though, if you handle INRs correctly, aside from being an item cost/loss, they won't endanger one's account unless they are handled incorrectly or there are a lot of them.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

phc64
Community Member

Whenever I ship something by Lettermail without tracking (which is more than 90% of the time), I send  the buyer the following message via the eBay message system:

Thank you very much for your purchase, which was mailed to you today. Most shipments are now arriving within the pre-pandemic standard of four to seven business days, but it remains not uncommon for a shipment to take more than two weeks to arrive. I apologize for any delay you may experience in receiving your purchase.

No buyer to whom I have sent this message has ever complained about shipping time.

And, yes, some of eBay's 'estimated delivery times' are absurd. eBay should know that something shipped  by Lettermail from here in rural Ontario to Prince Rupert, BC, will not arrive in five days.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@phc64 

Yep I do the same for ALL purchases, they get:

Nomal shipping day, NEW buyer: 

Thank you so much for your purchase, your business is so very much appreciated! Your parcel has been shipped out today, Monday XXXXXX. Note that the global pandemic may still impact the parcel delivery timeline. Most parcels are moving at normal speed, but some are slowed down significantly. Once the parcel arrives, I hope you will find everything satisfactory.  If you are not completely pleased with this transaction, please feel free to contact me.  I will do my very best to resolve any problem you may have. Thank you very much in advance for your patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC 

Normal shipping day repeat buyer:

Thank you for your most recent purchase and quick payment. I am pleased you decided to purchase from me again. Your parcel has been shipped out today, Monday XXXXXX. Note that the global pandemic may still impact the parcel delivery timeline. Most parcels are moving at normal speed, but some are slowed down significantly. Thank you very much in advance for your patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC 

After postal Holiday NEW buyer:

Thank you so much for your purchase, your business is so very much appreciated! Your parcel has been shipped out today, Tuesday XXXXXX (Canada Post was closed for 4 days for Easter weekend April 14-17 inclusive). Note that the global pandemic may still impact the parcel delivery timeline. Most parcels are moving at normal speed, but some are slowed down significantly. Once the parcel arrives, I hope you will find everything satisfactory.  If you are not completely pleased with this transaction, please feel free to contact me.  I will do my very best to resolve any problem you may have. Thank you very much in advance for your patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC 

After postal holiday shipping day repeat buyer:

Thank you for your most recent purchase and quick payment. I am pleased you decided to purchase from me again. Your parcel has been shipped out today, Tuesday XXXXXX (Canada Post was closed for 4 days for Easter weekend April 14-17 inclusive). Note that the global pandemic may still impact the parcel delivery timeline. Most parcels are moving at normal speed, but some are slowed down significantly. Thank you very much in advance for your patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@johnnmuno_4 wrote:
Why is EBay dinging my account with late delivery? I don’t control Canada Post or any other carrier what I can control is shipping time and I have shipped all my sales in 1 working day as estates on my store policy? Are they just trying to put my account in a level to charge me more for their fees?

If you are shipping via untracked mail and are getting dinged for late deliveries you should extrend your handling time. You currently have 1 day handling, if you change that to 3, 4 or 5 days you will get 2, 3 or 4 extra days added to your estimated delivery date.

I send a lot of untracked stuff, I have 5 day handling and over the past 12 months have ZERO late deliveries within Canada and ONE late delivery for International.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles 

The neutral does not have any effect on your account standing with eBay.

Just to be clear.

Feedback is not used by eBay to assess member accounts.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply