Managed Payments - Is This Option Available?

Is it possible to have Canadian funds go to my Canadian Bank account and US funds go to Paypal? 

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Managed Payments - Is This Option Available?

They chose your chequing account because MP funds can only be deposited into chequing accounts.

Message 41 of 55
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

The question about having funds going to a US bank account was asked multiple multiple times 3 years ago when all the discussions about MP began. It appears it was very low on the priority list if it still unresolved now.  The alternative, they just like the profitability of controlling US fund exchanges vs sellers doing it on their schedule.

Similar to the concern for sellers who sell coins, etc. When you consider it was affect over a million listings on dot com and 160,000 + on dot ca I guess they finally figured they better find a solution before sellers went elsewhere.

Yes, the question has been asked by several people on the .ca community discussion boards since the transition to Managed Payments was announced.  However, we all know that there are a lot of eBay sellers based out of Canada who don't use these discussion boards.  A few weeks ago, somebody posted that when they registered for Managed Payments, they were asked if they were interested in having US dollar deposits and I'm taking that as an attempt by eBay and/or Adyen to get a sense of how much interest there is in this set-up.  If not enough Canadian sellers express interest in this option when registering, I have a feeling it's not gonna fly.

It isn't a matter of them still deciding whether or not they are going to set it up as they said a while ago that we would be able to use a $US bank account at a Canadian bank.  It isn't available yet and they haven't worked out all of the details.

I can't find where they first confirmed it but there is discussion about it on last week's 'weekly chat'.

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It isn't a matter of them still deciding whether or not they are going to set it up as they said a while ago that we would be able to use a $US bank account at a Canadian bank.  It isn't available yet and they haven't worked out all of the details.

I can't find where they first confirmed it but there is discussion about it on last week's 'weekly chat'.

That's true.  Thanks for the reminder.  They're gauging interest in this set-up for some reason, though, perhaps to get a sense of what sort of priority they should be giving this set-up.  The amount of noise on the boards may or may not be proportional to the actual amount of interest once non-boardies are factored in.

Message 43 of 55
latest reply

Thanks PJ.

This is not directed at you... I wish eBay gave us sellers more flexibility in terms of where we want funds to go. Example: Bank account, which account in your bank account, Paypal, etc...

With Paypal it was easy to see how much you had, with the chequing account I now have to go through and figure out which payments are from eBay.

Thanks!

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@greenmangoes wrote:

As for changing banks that is done from the same place. If you need to move funds after the fact you would have to do bank to bank.

-Lotz

I see the option to change bank, the issue that I'm having is changing the bank account.  When I was signing up it automatically selected one for me but I wanted to use a different account.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if change bank includes change bank account?  I really don't want to tamper with it now that it is basically set. When I first signed up for MP there were several more options available that have now been poofed.  It may be an extra option that needs to be requested to tyler@ebay  with the weekly chat.

-Lotz

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Hi @greenmangoes - you can change your bank account from the page you were on in Seller Hub, but as folks pointed out yesterday you aren't able to use a savings account, chequing only. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 45 of 55
latest reply

I have decided that I am going to close the Ebay account which I recieved an invitation for managed payments.  Either I am going to move everything to another account, or come back to EBAY .CA .My question is I have a store associated to that account. 

I am not going to except Managed payments so that means ebay will restrict me from future lists. How does this play into my store. Is this not conflictiong to me paying fees to having a  store? Should I not be aloud to shut the store down without penalty due to changes Ebay makes resulting in me unable to do business?

Seeems this so called invitation has targeted sellers that do a larger amount of revenue. Am I wrong?

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

Thanks tyler@ebay,

Is eBay by chance thinking of giving sellers more flexibility in terms of where we want funds to go.  Change is nice but so is flexiblity.

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

Ebay Giving!!!  LOL

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

Consider giving yourself the flexibility you want by opening another chequing account just for eBay sales. Several sellers have posted that they’ve opened accounts with online banks for eBay purposes.
Message 49 of 55
latest reply

you can change your bank account from the page you were on in Seller Hub, but as folks pointed out yesterday you aren't able to use a savings account, chequing only. Thanks!

tyler@ebayI created a new chequing account and tried to change it in Payments but it still ONLY gives me the existing chequing acccount as an option.  I thought we could change the bank account as long as it is a Chequing account?

Thanks!

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

Thanks I'm trying that now.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

Based on posts that I've read, there are some things that have to be changed by eBay so you might have to contact customer service. 

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

@mdf_jersey wrote:

Ebay Giving!!!  LOL

One can only hope 🙂

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Based on posts that I've read, there are some things that have to be changed by eBay so you might have to contact customer service. 

Oh goodness 🙄.  Thanks PJ

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

@greenmangoes wrote:

Is it possible to have ... US funds go to Paypal? 

Nope.

You'd need to transfer the U.S. funds from your U.S. bank account.

2.png

Message 55 of 55
latest reply