Managed Payments - Is This Option Available?

Is it possible to have Canadian funds go to my Canadian Bank account and US funds go to Paypal? 

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

No, funds will  only go to your bank account.. Paypal is not a bank..

You can still transfer funds from your bank to paypal though..

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

Nope...ALL funds must go to a bank account

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

ontlady
Community Member
I phoned customer service and was told that I cannot put my USD bank account if I want to get paid in US dollars. He said their platform is only Canadian dollars and must be Canadian bank account. If you sell in USD, it will be converted to Cdn. Watch out how they calculate their EBay fees after moving to managed payment. I was charged 16.37% for selling an item under .com. Not 12.35%. I want to hear from others. Unless there are other extra fees that I have not read posted somewhere.
Message 4 of 55
latest reply

Unfortunately, it is Canadian $ bank OR US$ bank. This is the message on the reminder I got today:

If you wish to receive your payouts in US dollars, register here to avoid account restrictions. Please disregard this email if you have already completed your registration.

I am pushing this as late as possible... I will try to pass the deadline to see what they do.

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

@ontlady wrote:
... Watch out how they calculate their EBay fees after moving to managed payment. I was charged 16.37% for selling an item under .com. Not 12.35%.

The selling fees for some categories are higher on .com than they are on .ca

For example: cds are 14.55% on .com versus 12.35% on ebay.ca

Plus GST/HST on top of the basic fee.

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I thought eBay was pretty clear regarding PayPal going forward.

When you read the terms, did you glean that US funds could possibly go to Paypal?

Neither did I.

Not on .com, so not on.ca.

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

perhaps this is all a ploy to encourage Canadian sellers to list only on .CA???

My other secondary selling venue (secondary now only until it becomes my primary selling venue) when I no longer can list on eBay because I won't agree to the terms of the MP system), is in USD so those USD sales monies go to my PayPal account.

This messed up, no seller support site that eBay has become, has totally turned me against being a seller here anymore...just not worth the effort or time...

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

I know what eBay says but why not give sellers the option to stay with Paypal?  Plus, after reading through the forum this change does not sound seamless...

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

perhaps this is all a ploy to encourage Canadian sellers to list only on .CA???

My other secondary selling venue (secondary now only until it becomes my primary selling venue) when I no longer can list on eBay because I won't agree to the terms of the MP system), is in USD so those USD sales monies go to my PayPal account.

This messed up, no seller support site that eBay has become, has totally turned me against being a seller here anymore...just not worth the effort or time...

For sellers that  list on dot com, is there a streamlined way to move listings to dot ca so they could receive the lower selling fees? Or is basically end  1 at a time and recreate?

-Lotz

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

For sellers that  list on dot com, is there a streamlined way to move listings to dot ca so they could receive the lower selling fees? Or is basically end  1 at a time and recreate?

-Lotz

They tried this once already and it wasn't seamless.  The categories aren't 1:1 from .com to .ca and it was very glitchy. I gave up, and then they just seemed to say "whatever, list on both sites now I guess" .. maybe they were looking ahead to MP even back then.  

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

@motomike_canada wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

-Lotz

They tried this once already and it wasn't seamless.  The categories aren't 1:1 from .com to .ca and it was very glitchy. I gave up, and then they just seemed to say "whatever, list on both sites now I guess" .. maybe they were looking ahead to MP even back then.  

I think when I had to move listings from USD to Canadian Funds it was only 40 to 50 hours. Mind you it was for 200 listings. 😠 Keeping all my listings on dot ca was done in hindsight. Yes that's it. I was planning ahead for MP. Anyone interested in making me offer on the Brooklyn Bridge? Do I have a deal for you!!

-Lotz

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

@greenmangoes why not give sellers the option to stay with Paypal?

Because eBay no longer owns or controls Paypal. They were forced to divest of a very profitable and growing part of their business about five years ago by Wall Street shark Carl Icahn, who then went on to destroy Toys'r'us.

First eBay owned BillPoint. Then they bought PP and stopped using Billpoint.Both were inhouse services.

When they could no longer control PP, they moved to Managed Payments (which is run under contract by Ayden,w ho also run payment processing for etsy and PoshMark, I believe).

Having multiple payment processors, seems to have been deemed an avoidable expense.

Managed Payments has many drawbacks for sellers.

We can't use the money we get from our customers to buy on eBay (or anywhere else), not even our monthly eBay bills (Store subscriptions and Promoted Listings fees come to mind).

We can only use one bank account and it has to be with a Canadian bank. We can choose to have a US dollar account with a Canadian bank, but not an American account in US dollars which would be cheaper.

It is not clear to me if multiple accounts can share the same Managed Payments account.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between PP and MP fees. Most of the problems that have been reported seem to have been misunderstandings on the part of the seller.

@motomike_canada .. maybe they were looking ahead to MP even back then.

I hope so.

A big change like this should have years of consideration as well as some testing (which apparently happened on the German site).

Message 13 of 55
latest reply

I tried signing up and I'm getting the message below. I got an email to signup so does anyone know why I'm getting this message? Thanks!

"We're inviting sellers to the new managed payments program in stages. We're sorry you can't sign up today."

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@greenmangoes why not give sellers the option to stay with Paypal?

Because eBay no longer owns or controls Paypal. They were forced to divest of a very profitable and growing part of their business about five years ago by Wall Street shark Carl Icahn, who then went on to destroy Toys'r'us.

First eBay owned BillPoint. Then they bought PP and stopped using Billpoint.Both were inhouse services.

When they could no longer control PP, they moved to Managed Payments (which is run under contract by Ayden,w ho also run payment processing for etsy and PoshMark, I believe).

Having multiple payment processors, seems to have been deemed an avoidable expense.

Managed Payments has many drawbacks for sellers.

We can't use the money we get from our customers to buy on eBay (or anywhere else), not even our monthly eBay bills (Store subscriptions and Promoted Listings fees come to mind).

We can only use one bank account and it has to be with a Canadian bank. We can choose to have a US dollar account with a Canadian bank, but not an American account in US dollars which would be cheaper.

It is not clear to me if multiple accounts can share the same Managed Payments account.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between PP and MP fees. Most of the problems that have been reported seem to have been misunderstandings on the part of the seller.

@motomike_canada .. maybe they were looking ahead to MP even back then.

I hope so.

A big change like this should have years of consideration as well as some testing (which apparently happened on the German site).

As a bizarro twisted side point eBay will let you pay your eBay fees using your PayPal account if you have chosen as your first method. I paid my March store fees that way. Unsure if there are added fees in doing that way. Sadly you can't make this stuff up!!! 🤣😂😁🤑

-Lotz

PS. Regarding promoted fees and listing upgrades etc they come from your payouts/pending payouts as per the Spring Announcement update. Orginally they were going to be added to your store fees.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply

It's been on .com for at least a couple of years now. They started slowly and have been increasing the number of sellers on the program.  I can't see them testing it on .ca for for the same length of time although they should have had all of the kinks out by now and planned for those sellers who listed on different sites before they started moving Canadians into it.  Apparently they don't have all the kinks out and hadn't put a lot of thought about Canadian sellers who list on .com until we started asking about it.

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

You can't sign up until your are invited to sign up.  Have you received your 'invitation' yet?

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

I didn't calculate mine but have noticed that it seems to be less than what I was getting through paypal when I pulled my funds out. Something is off.

I hate the fact that there is now no US money in my paypal account if I want to make a purchase from the US.

Message 18 of 55
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

I hate the fact that there is now no US money in my paypal account if I want to make a purchase from the US.

I really don't like that either 😞

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You can't sign up until your are invited to sign up.  Have you received your 'invitation' yet?

Yes.  And it says:

Update your account details by April 29th, or your ability to create new listings, as well as revising and relisting your items will be disabled.

Message 20 of 55
latest reply