More Managed payment shenanigans ?

So now check out the Register for link and requests that I sign in to continue..

OK fine then the link is to into ebay.com  sign in WT#????   

are managed payments for canadain seller run via the US site?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Follow-up.

phoned ebay.  I'm a longtime ebayer from Nov of '97

so original registration was on the original ebay.com. 

Had to change country of registration from USA to Canada. 

and now just awaiting/dredding/bemoaning  the new Canada Mnagaged payment request. 

live to ebay for another day.....

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

It is VERY good that you listed this, I would never have paid attention to this because I've always just done stuff on .COM (like you I predate .CA) unless it forces me to like listings on .CA and these boards.

I got "the email" yesterday so I went to start mine and I too went to .COM

The CSR changed my country of registration moments ago, and tells me I need to wait 48 hours before I try registering for MP so that everything can "migrate over" (not sure what that really means but anyway).

Time will tell.....

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Guess they forgot about sellers that have been signed up since way back when and have been able to grandfather features in accordingly.

Now it's become either/or scenarios. Kinda like taking the original option for sellers to list on both sites (with the attached free listings) that they've had for the longest time just to get paid in US currency or losing all their built up feedback  if they want to get paid in both currencies by the forcing of having to create a new account to do so. They've broken something that worked fine previously.

-Lotz

PS. Even not having a tab for dot ca sellers that shows total historical sales in US funds only is a bit baffling. With exchange rates floating that number is basically meaningless especially when funds (in most cases) are being automagically converted to Canadian.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Ahhh after much confusion and another call to the CSRs, I now better understand the 2nd update.

I got country of registration switched from US to Canada and waited the 48 hours to register which they told me I had to do.

If I tried to register from the .CA site the only option I had was to wait for the email (which I have from .COM).

If I clicked on the .COM sourced email the .COM link still came up but I moved ahead anyway and it did transfer over to the .CA site when I clicked on register now. I clicked on the register now button and it advised that it wasn't my time yet and I had to wait for the email.

The part that is confusing is if I list anything on either .COM or .CA I am still getting the message: "Your deadline to sign up for eBay to manage your payments is approaching. To continue listing new items, relisting and revising items you are required to update your account details now at ebay.ca/startpayments" 

Fortunately one can bypass this by clicking on the "list item"? button (I think the buttons are edit and list item but I didn't write them down, they only appear the first time in a given relisting session).

CSR advised that the message doesn't matter anymore the registration country change reset so I'm waiting for the Canadian email message....

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Did you try going to “eBay.ca/startpayments” for giggles?
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yep, I tried that first, it tells me I have to wait for the email....there aren't any register links at it.....

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

i'm a little confused by all this.  I registered with ebay back in 2000.   For most of my time on ebay i only sold on the .com site.  About a year and a half ago i also started selling on .ca in canadian dollars but most of my listings are still on .com.   My store is on .com.

My seller discount is based on my global ratings, not my ratings on .com.  The MP email i received on June 1 telling me i missed the deadline, can no longer list any more yadda yadda, came from Ebay Canada.

Does this not mean i am registered in Canada?  I thought the switch over in registration was automatic years ago.

If i do have to switch my registration, what are the ramifications to all of my listings on .com?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hi @fergua3 

Here is what I understand. Years ago some time after .CA was created the ebay system recognized that we were Canadians because our address was Canadian, however our counrty of registration was not automagically changed and to date things understood us to be Canadian sellers because of our address.

Where we sell stuff doesn't matter (or so it seems).

I also have a .COM store in US$.

For some reason the MP stuff is tagging us as though we are US because of the country of registration. I do not know what would have happened if I had tried registering before I had my country of registration changed. I got it changed because it appeared it was causing a problem for others here.

Now that the country of registration shows me as Canadian, the MP stuff has been sort of reset such that I can't join yet but the US side still thinks I need to do something. Time will tell how that works out, the technical folkls tell me to just ignore the messages.

Changing my country of registration did not cause as far as I know any problems other than I had to accept some sort of international agreement regarding PAYPAL. Make sure to do this if you do get it reset I suspect not doing it will prevent folks from paying via PAYPAL until you do - the first time I tried to list something that came up.

To directly answer your question, changing the country of registration had no affect on .COM nor .CA listings (I have about 2,000 of each).

AFTER I got my country of registration changed, I clicked on the MP registration link that I though was a problem (because it was .COM) and it took me to a .CA one for registering. I don't know if it would have done that without my getting the country of registration changed or not. You can experiment to see if it does.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

thanks for the clear answer.  it's a relief to know that changing the country of registration won't cause any issues. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I was told by the rep that as I am now transfered into ebay Canada. I do not have to register for managed payments UNTILL I get notification/request from EBAY canada.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@in-need-of-cash-too 

Yes that is the same thing they told me, are you still getting the countdown emails and messages when you relist/sell similar?

I am, got my final warning .COM email a couple days ago, a couple days after they changed my registration country, and I get the warnings on either site when I relist/sell similar.

I failed in my attempt to ignore the continuing countdown messages and I'm worried because my store is a .COM store there might be a larger problem. So I called in again today.

The MP CSR understood the situation and worries about .COM store which she says is not causing a problem. She made notes for whoever it is that does the stuff that creates my eventual .CA invitation as I understood her comments.

I'm still of the mind that as of the 15th I'm not going to be able to relist/sell similar anymore, time will tell.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Same boat,  just ignore them, and iss was noted/reccorded on account, according to rep.... but we all know 

they mistake happen.   My tell will be on the 15th june, see if selling action freezes. 

fun times wow. 

cheers. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

More follow-up.

June 15 listing no problems. June 16  Can not list.  contacted ebay again. 

got a Tech note forwarded to IT  about blocked account.

Still left left hand not knowing about righthand does. 

looking at up to 7 days to fix update seller status to allow for sales. 

we shall see. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Hi! @in-need-of-cash-too 

Did you try registering?

I didn't wait for the email like I was told, I used a .CA link (I just went to "payments" from my .CA myebay) after I saw something on the threads here that made me think it might work now and it worked. I did that on the 14th.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hi ricarmic

I read your  post about the pemptive join MP , looks like even that route has a couple of issues. 

And not working 100%  so I'll wait 

Did look i to it tried to follow the sign up link and just get rediected back to MP info page and a note about wait till we notify you. 

So , i'll wait. 

and grumble 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply