New account getting 0 views and not showing in search

It's a long story but tech support told me I had to create a new account on ebay.ca after 20 years of .com. I cancelled my old listings and relisted here (now limited to 10 listings 😞 ). I checked listings and all 0 views. Since I still have my old account I tried searching the items and they are not appearing in search results. Anyone know what's going on?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

This is my old account. When I click view listings it shows 0 for new account.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Looks like there is a 48hr hold on indexing new accounts according to support it should be indexed/searchable tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

They've changed it to 48 hours?  Must be because of selling in a high fraud category (gaming) because most are still 24 hours for indexing.

While you can get those restrictions loosened every 30 days, when I opened a new account , some years ago and for different reasons,  I phoned and explained the situation, pointing at my other three accounts.

The restrictions disappeared in hours.

Do NOT phone. Times have changed.

The eBay employees are now on social media. Try them.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've had enough interactions with ebay tech support to last a lifetime. At this point, I have no more fight left in me and I will just wait things out. It's their loss too.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Disregard original reply.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I see 2 actual listing although eBay says there are 10 results.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I see all ten.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

That's odd, I still see 2.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I see 10 as well

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Unfortunately the scammers abused the selling sign up so badly it is now a process to get up and running with a new selling account.  And avoid any controversy at all, as the tolerance for banning accounts is super low for new sellers.  

Basically you have to grind it out and sell very little for the first 3 months or so.  If you are sitting at zero feedback, recommend buying some cheap free shipping items.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I noticed that eBay's website goes through phases of not showing me all the listings for a search. Usually, promoted listings aren't visible. It is because of ad blocking software. Usually, if I search by newly listed, or in an incognito tab, I can see everything.

That might be the issue you are dealing with. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply