New listing tool

Can anyone tell me how this works?  It's bloody awful.  Can I go back to the old one that was easy to use.  HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New listing tool

I think we all wish that!

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

You can’t go back once moved and yes, the new tool sucks!
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

well, in a round-about-way, yes you can...I am still using the old listing method...just a bit complicated to get there but still works if & when desperately need to do so...(and as long as I have item listings in draft mode) ...

unfortunately I don't know how to get the link to work for anyone else...

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Changing-back-to-the-old-listing-tool/td-p/7297790

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@forester_studios 

@ericsells75 

@triber 

@mrdutch1001 

You can try using this for Canadian sign in. Not sure how long it will be active once I post but worth a shot. With my test it worked okay.

https://signin.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=3&ru=https%...

-Lotz

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I had templates set up from existing listings, and  sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. 

It looks like even those are being taken over by the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad form.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I had templates set up from existing listings, and  sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. 

It looks like even those are being taken over by the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad form.

@reallynicestamps 

Made the similar observations when I went to use my templates with the new tool. I just attempted a test using the above above posted link for the older version of the listing tool and the new listing tool. Was able to create a listing in half the time, more to my personal preference with the older tool. Editing was quicker. Had the option of additional font sizes and colors I normally use. Photo editing was smooth and painless. No 3 clicks to rotate a photo. Shipping options were easy to confirm they were what I routinely specify. For the new listing test, because of the limit of font sizes I had to open  several times and modify text to make it fit correctly. To my eye with the new tool every listing looks like the last. Plain and boring.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I bookmarked the ability to use the old listing format from the method I described earlier in this thread, so that I just have to pull that up as needed by clicking on the bokmark.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I want to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

it does suck, but it gets easier the more you use it.  I hate how they cant seem to correct the upc problems, it was bad enough on the previous version, now its worse.  Love how when you clear the upc code line and start typing in the new one, the old one repopulates out of thin air and adds what youve typed onto the end of it LOL

my favorite bug lately has been cropping the photos then clicking done and having it spin for a second and then reset all the cropping i just did.  it generally does this twice, so I have to crop items sometimes three times in total before it sticks.  

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

The UPC issue is my only gripe about the new listing tool. There's no way to search for a product in eBay's catalogue using general search terms. You either enter the UPC or nothing. Which means for items that I don't have the original packaging for (for example) I need to go and find the UPC online in order to get eBay's catalogue info to show up. 

And for some video games, even if I have the UPC, it doesn't show up in eBay's catalogue because it's the Canadian version of the game (the game is identical except for bilingual text on the exterior of the case, and possibly a French manual included). So I have to go hunt for the U.S. UPC so I can have that helpful catalogue info included.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

And for some video games, even if I have the UPC, it doesn't show up in eBay's catalogue because it's the Canadian version of the game (the game is identical except for bilingual text on the exterior of the case, and possibly a French manual included). So I have to go hunt for the U.S. UPC so I can have that helpful catalogue info included.

I'd be careful about doing that. It could potentially lead to INADs, or maybe even VEROs if the US UPC isn't authorized for sale in Canada (probably won't, but in theory it could). I agree that it's incredibly annoying. Realistically, if someone is searching for a game they probably already know what it is anyway. Personally I don't hunt for UPCs. I put in whatever is on the packaging, or "DoesNotApply". If the item description doesn't show up, I don't worry about it.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I don't use eBay's catalog, I don't use UPC codes, I don't sell any items that would require having to deal with any of that... and I don't use the new listing tool unless necessary= for me using the old listing method is fabulous!

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

With books the ISBN - equivalent to the UPC- is often refused if it is non-US or even too early, meaning 20th century.

Mind you I was trying to list a PG Wodehouse paperback title on AZ last week and could not find an equivalent, while the ISBN pulled up a hardback from the 50s, well before the ISBN system was invented.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

I'd be careful about doing that. It could potentially lead to INADs, or maybe even VEROs if the US UPC isn't authorized for sale in Canada (probably won't, but in theory it could). I agree that it's incredibly annoying. Realistically, if someone is searching for a game they probably already know what it is anyway. Personally I don't hunt for UPCs. I put in whatever is on the packaging, or "DoesNotApply". If the item description doesn't show up, I don't worry about it.

My luck as of late with UPC's/ISBN's has been dismal. Probably only reason they were there was to assist sellers speed up the listing process. Similar to the item identification tool included with the app. Choosing "well it looks kinda close" is dangerous. eBay's autofill from a sellers title often routinely leads to bad data being "dropped" into fields. Example measurements being dropped in the wrong box.  Extremely easy to not catch if you happen to be rushing. I would use with caution. Noticing this more and more when I do use the new fangled (How bout we remove any feature that used to be really useful - HBWRAFTUTBRU for short) listing tool.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

I'm pretty careful when doing it. I review all the pre-filled Item Specifics to delete/alter any that may differ from the actual item I'm selling. If I were to ever have an issue I would cease doing it but I have to imagine there's a benefit (at least in terms of search/visibility) in having the item tied to the proper eBay catalogue listing otherwise eBay wouldn't have developed a catalogue. It would be nice if I could add my own item to the catalogue, but I haven't looked into if that's even something that's offered by eBay.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

It would be nice if I could add my own item to the catalogue, but I haven't looked into if that's even something that's offered by eBay.

That would be interesting.  devon@ebay  is this something that's possible?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

It would be nice if I could add my own item to the catalogue, but I haven't looked into if that's even something that's offered by eBay.

That would be interesting.  devon@ebay  is this something that's possible?

Hi @flipistics! Sellers can reach to our Catalogue Team if they are wanting to have items added to the catalogue by emailing sdsupport@ebay.com.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

well, in a round-about-way, yes you can...I am still using the old listing method...just a bit complicated to get there but still works if & when desperately need to do so...(and as long as I have item listings in draft mode) ...

unfortunately I don't know how to get the link to work for anyone else...

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Changing-back-to-the-old-listing-tool/td-p/7297790

@mrdutch1001 

I hope you are still having success using link to the old listing tool? My link for ca no longer works as of today. Back to the new &%$#, pardon my language and the fear of it dumping in bad data on a regular basis with limited options.

-Lotz

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@reallynicestamps 

Any chance your templates are still working? Tested the few I had set up and now all appear to bring you directly to the new listing tool. So do not pass go, do not collect 200.00 and go directly to jail...figuratively and literally. (eBay Purgatory)

-Lotz

Message 20 of 26
latest reply