November listing promo - 100,000 free

Check your Promotional section in the Seller Hub to see if you got the promo.

100,000 no insertion fee listings Nov 1 to Dec 1

I checked my offer and it applies to both auctions and fixed price listings.

• The following categories are excluded: Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Vehicles & Trailers, RVs & Campers, Boats, Powersports, Printing Presses, Trucks, Trailers & Carts, Real Estate
  • Good 'Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: November listing promo - 100,000 free

i got it as well, now where to find another 99,000 things to sell!!!

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Last month I used 259 out of 50,000. Still have a ways to go to get to my 1000 store amount. I did get the 100,000 but it's only display 75069 available. Listings are in Canadian.  Smiley Surprised Still a number over the rainbow for your run of the mill seller. Like where did I put listing 4391? It was here yesterday!!! Will they give us some sort of warning when these promo's are about to cease and desist? Hmmmm?

-Lotz

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

got it and appreciate it even tho I will use only about 1/100th of those, would have much more preferred a promo that gave a few thousand per month for the next 6 months...

wonder if eBay is that desperate for listings at this point in time...

Since my items are all listed on another site that brings me more sales than the few and far between here on eBay, my interest in what eBay does anymore is quickly fading...

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Yes I would have to find 106,000 more items to sell...... I have about 700 here waiting to be pictured and listed but just not enough hours in the day!!!

To be honest I just ignore all these promotions, it has been years since any of the promotions have benefited me (as far as I know because I'm never watching) The closest I get to paying attention is stuff like this I see on the boards!!).

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

In the scheme of things pretty sure a or any % off FVF's would be more welcome that all these free listings. It's just making it more of a needle in a haystack for buyers to find what they are looking for and then take a leap of faith and purchase from one of us.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Keep in mind that promotions are for the benefit of eBay not of either buyers or sellers.

I suspect they want lots and lots of listings going into the Christmas holiday season.

Canada Post has been saying that they expect the holidays to be very busy for them, adding the "pandemic surge" in on line buying which was more than Christmas levels to the normal holiday rush....

If you know anyone who is unemployed and has a strong back, get them to apply to Canada Post as temporary workers.  Looks like CPO will need them.

(I really mean it about the strong back. These are very physical jobs.)

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

...of no use what so ever to bottom 90% of Sellers. Ballons of helium, bags of feathers...

...a bit like `Tax Credits`they really only apply to the top 10%.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Now that turbolister is gone these offers are useless. Sixbit is a piece of **bleep** that I won't use. It does dozens of things I don't need and won't do the things I need to do. I will gradually fade from here.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

You can keep a lot of listings ready to go on your Unsold List for two months or more.

And these offers seem to be coming in pretty often these days.

I also keep all my descriptions in a Text Document and all my pictures in a desktop file.

It doesn't make listing instant, but it sure speeds things up if I have a week to list 5000 items.

Actually doing a dump of thousands of  hard to sell items that are not saleable enough to list for 35c a month, is not a great idea. Spreading those listings over the month means you have something new every day and Newly Listed is a popular Search.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

Knock on wood, mail service seems to be improving in Canada. Temporary?  We shall see. I've been seeing late night, some 2 a day deliveries to lockboxes, Saturday and even occasional Sunday deliveries in Calgary. Same goes for couriers. Ringing the doorbell is a wish and a prayer at best. Expecting a larger parcel? Check your front door!!! Next month will be back to who knows.

In the good old USA mail service is all over the map according to CNN reporting. How much ballots are affecting regular mail and vice versa is anyone's guess. Still think eBay jumped the gun with their suggestion that all was back to normal. Throw in the impending Christmas surge and it will be wait and see how it goes. Everywhere!!!

-Lotz

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

If I were receiving a lot of important parcels, and if my office weren't overlooking the front stoop, I think I would be looking into the FlexDelivery service, which seems to work like a General Delivery for parcels.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=how_to_use_your_flex&cattype=kb&cat=receivi...

It appears to be a Free service.

At the moment.

Bet the PO clerks just love this.  Our local outlet has a tiny back room, at a guess 12 x 8' and is busy enough that there is almost always a lineup. The actual Post Office is less busy and has a larger space.

I've seen a couple of customers using the rather strange looking address. I hope it doesn't freak out too many US sellers who are a bit odd about shipping to PO boxes, which are the safest kind of address.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

With TL I could keep listings for years and put up quickly thousands at a time or a hundred each day.

Lots of low value items are not worth paying to list nor are they worth my time if purchased one at a time but they are a service to the stamp collecting hobby and the multi item sales make it worthwhile for me.

I will no longer list those items here without TL but have been listing elsewhere with some succes

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Thanks Ebay.  Might as well have made it 1,000,000 free listings.  I can't use all them anyways.  Why not spread it out over  a year and just give us free listings all year long every year.  Sales will go up across the board and eBay will profit.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

From one point of view they have been.

Free Listings have gone from 50 to 200.

Store subscribers also got more "free" listings.

And there have been several of this 50,000+ promotions this year, although it depends on which category eBay wanted more listings in.

EBay is your landlord, not your friend.

All promotions are designed for eBay's profit not yours.

For example, I like and use Free* Shipping on most of my listings, but eBay promotes it because they believe, and have statistics to back up the belief, that sales are higher on listings with Free Shipping.

And they charge fees** on shipping to encourage using "free" shipping.

And they make more money when something sells than when it doesn't.

*It's not "free", the cost of shipping is included in the asking price. But buyers still like the "truthiness" of getting a bargain.

** Because many sellers have lower FVF on sales than the standard 10% on shipping, this is also a seller benefit.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

These crazy listing promotions are a good free way to "refresh" your listings by ending a bunch and selling similar. I usually seem to get a sales bump by doing this, especially now because I haven't been sourcing or listing very much lately.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

ayatcg
Community Member

Does anyone think the free listing at least 50k or even 10k free will go into 2021? because The pandemic isn't going anywhere, and if ebay wants to make more money they should at least keep it till the end of 2021

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@ayatcg wrote:

Does anyone think the free listing at least 50k or even 10k free will go into 2021? because The pandemic isn't going anywhere, and if ebay wants to make more money they should at least keep it till the end of 2021

My major wonder is will these offers end suddenly? Will there be any warning? What will happen to all the fine folks that have gone well over their monthly store limit with no real way to save these above and beyond listings.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Good question.

How many listing can we Hold on our Unsold Listings page?

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@clemowbooks wrote:

Good question.

How many listing can we Hold on our Unsold Listings page?

I believe as many as you want. Limit is 90 days max before they purge. You have to refresh as they get close and always a chance there can be issues down the road due to eBay system upgrades Same goes for anything in your draft folder. Only other way to save is using one of the other various pay as you go services that are available. Turbolister is no more. RIP!!!

-Lotz

Message 20 of 30
latest reply