Older listings gallery pictures disappearing

Hi

In some of my older listings, the galley pictures disappear, only the fist picture stay, that is why I do not notice which item and it will be hard to go though 800 listings constantly. When these pictures are disappearing so the chance of sale, however I pay eBay to showcase my items to customers but God knows for how long those listings were missing the pictures, so does anyone know the reason behind this ??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No help on the reasons but....

Assuming that not every listing relists on the same day, it should be possible to check 20 or 25 about to relist items every morning to correct the problem. By the end of the month most will be correct.

Do you keep all your photos in a desktop file?

I started doing that when we were moving dotCOM listing to dotCA and vice versa with the loss of dual currency listings.  on dot CA. It has been useful.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A long time ago, maybe more than a year or two ago there was a bug that dropped everything except the first picture for a few days, affecting any GTCs that rolled over during those few days.

It was well documented here, on the boards. I can't remember for sure but I believe the only way to find them was to manually go through, find them and fix them.

I had somewhere around 300 or more items affected, so I left them "broken" on the assumption they'd eventually sell even with only the primary picture, and they have been, slowly over time.

I have noticed though items selling with only a primary picture that I'm thinking are newer than when that event happened, so I am wondering if something has happened to cause it again?

I checked some old items (I have stuff running over 10 years as GTC) and they have more than just the primary picture so it is possible that you've just discovered the effects of that problem that happened some time ago?

Hopefully it didn't happen again!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here is one old thread, looks like it was 2018, I didn't have time to find the original

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Head-s-up-A-few-sellers-have-reported-pictures-missing-a...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I remember that.  I had over 1800 listings at the time and it took me a couple of weeks to update them.  Hopefully that is not happening again.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply