Head's up - A few sellers have reported pictures missing again

You might want to check your listings if any of them just renewed.  There is a post on the US board and at least 3 sellers have said that the pics in their gtc listings have gone missing again.  It could be just a random thing but it won't hurt to check!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/ALL-Over-AGAIN-Photos-disappearing-on-GTC-re-listings/m-p/2877...

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Well, it could be that some of those sellers didn't notice the first time around and the time frame (30 days) does correspond when the GTC's renewed last time between Thursday, Jun.21/18 - Saturday Jun.23/18.

All mine have renewed without missing images.....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

That's possible although at least one of the sellers said they had replaced their pictures after the last problem.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I’m scared to look.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps they are just looking for community members to volunteer to do the actual dev work here now that they are outsourcing category management and community customer service to volunteers. I think I'll see if I can find a good deal on a neck brace, what with all this SMH going on.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

As a note, all my affected items remain affected.

@hlmacdon  from that scan you provided that analyzed the listings, what does "overlaps" mean?  I have a number of items it identified with overlaps but I don't see anything wrong with them....

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

As a note, all my affected items remain affected.

@hlmacdon  from that scan you provided that analyzed the listings, what does "overlaps" mean?  I have a number of items it identified with overlaps but I don't see anything wrong with them....

From the documentation:

Scanning while items are ending or renewing may cause skips or overlaps in retrieved data. The tool will mark overlaps, but can not identify skips.

I would just give any listing that renewed in the same time frame as when you were scanning a quick look over. As for ebay fixing the missing images, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are just hoping people forget about the issue.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Sorry pj, I didn’t see your post and posted about same topic again.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Gone! ugh...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Furious. Also, I didn’t get this stinking email.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/7/1532458951.html
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Furious. Also, I didn’t get this stinking email.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/7/1532458951.html

Same here. Fortunately in my case I was bailed out by the listing service I use as images are stored there and just required a revision of effected listings but for sellers like yourself that take pride in providing numerous detailed photos that don't have that option that is a real pain. Pretty pathetic that they can't recover the images. Fills one with confidence given they are stepping into things like payments. Christ.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Unbelievable.... so much work for nothing.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Right. So in two years, it will be all our monies gone missing along with photos from listings. “Gee, sorry. We lost all your money from sales that took place July 24 to July 28. Here’s 20 free listings in a promo that expires in 48 hours. Thank you for choosing eBay!”
Message 13 of 13
latest reply