PayPal / Canada Post New Version:No more Light Packet International offered

With this new version (where you have to input your Canada Post Account Number), no more "Light Packet International" is offered. Will it be the same for "Light Packet USA"?. For International, rate goes from $10.10 to $10.27 but for USA, it's $6.84 to $8.61!!! What's the catch?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: PayPal / Canada Post New Version:No more Light Packet International offered

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

Message 61 of 68
latest reply

IT'S B-A-A-C-C-C-K!! Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

jt-libra,

Thanks so much for confirming. Really appreciate the feedback and glad we were able to get PayPal to return the service to normal. Let me know if you run into any more issues.
Message 63 of 68
latest reply

Hi qottie,

The solution to get light packet is to click the "print shipping label" from the ebay site and it redirects to the paypal account.

However, I would like Paypal to still fix it so that I can access the light packet option and rates when I login to paypal. This is because I have it set up so that one of my employees handle the shipping labels from Paypal and does not need to login from Ebay. This is still an inconvenience... hopefully this can be solved soon.

Summary: Still cannot access light packet option when trying to create shipping label directly from paypal login,

Message 64 of 68
latest reply

I would like that too but I don't think that it will be changing as I don't think it is considered 'broken'.  The rates we get now when going directly to PP are the small business rates. If you print a label on the CP snap ship site which also has the small business rate there is no light packet option there either so I suspect CP does not want to push that service on some sites.

Message 65 of 68
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I would like that too but I don't think that it will be changing as I don't think it is considered 'broken'.  The rates we get now when going directly to PP are the small business rates. If you print a label on the CP snap ship site which also has the small business rate there is no light packet option there either so I suspect CP does not want to push that service on some sites.

That would be correct. It is a negotiated service that is only intended for specific partners just as USPS e-packet is. That agreement is in place with an ebay agreement, not a paypal agreement. Technically CP could offer the service on snap ship as they offer it through the post offices, but they may not be willing to give up the extra revenue. I always found it strange it was presented as a service with some exclusivity and volume commitments when you could readily access it at the post office.

Paypal is getting out of the postage resale business from the looks of how they have structured things. It looks like if anything continues on their side it will just be a pass through to the Canada Post API using the contract rates of the paypal account holder, hence the previous prompts for a CP account number and the sign up process. The ebay to paypal workflow is in place to pass EBay's CP account info through the API. Technically there is no reason why they couldn't default to that account's credentials when a paypal transaction is linked to an ebay transaction and have you print directly on the paypal site without going through ebay first, but that wouldn't make sense moving forward when the two officially separate. Short term problem anyways as ebay transactions will be able to be imported through Shippo.

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

I am fed up with the post office raising their shipping rates by so much every year.  My sales have decreased as a direct result.  The post office claims they have huge losses, yet they say they ship more packages than anyone else in Canada.   I’m confused!  At this rate I’ll soon be charging $20 to ship a tiny package.  These rate hikes are extreme.   Also I want to mention,  they lost more packages this year than in the last 10 years.  So, the higher prices aren’t for superior service.

Message 67 of 68
latest reply

ZOMBIE  thread

More recent thread about 2018 postal rates:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-2018-parcel-changes/td-p/389691

Message 68 of 68
latest reply