Paypal Confirmed Addresses

This is the second time this has happened to me.

Buyer makes a purchase, pays with Paypal.

I go to create the shipping label and the address is confirmed and Paypal states, "Ok to ship"

Problem is, I can see that the address is incomplete.  No house number; and today, no street name either.  But Paypal states "OK to ship".  I use Google Earth to check out the area and it's a regular sized town, I check Canada 411 for the name and this gives me a street name, but still no house number.  Google Earth shows me the street and sure enough, there are numbers on the houses.

Buyer has 0 feedback.  I messaged him, asking for the vital details of his address.

Why would Paypal state "OK to ship" and confirm the address when it is incomplete??

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Paypal Confirmed Addresses

Because there is no home delivery and everything goes to what ever passes for the local Post Office, where, they know everyone by name?

When we lived in Churchill, no home delivery, just a PO, any seller that stated bol "No PO Boxes", we would just put the street address in even though it would never come to the door. It simply got held for us because, everyone knew everyone.

There is one PO, around here, somewhere as I have seen it, basically it is run from some person's attached garage.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

OH!

Congrats on the new star!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScfSowzycSU

Photobucket
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

With the arrival of the 911 system a lot of smaller communities have instituted house numbers for the first time.

It's easier for the ambulance and the volunteer fire department.

But a street address may not be a postal address.

What address does eBay have and does it match Paypal?

This is interesting, please let us know the outcome.

If worse comes to worst, you can get the phone number of your customer from eBay. (He gets yours too.)

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ahhhh! Thanks! 

When I left work last night it was at 999.....I was pretty happy to see it today 🙂

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

With the arrival of the 911 system a lot of smaller communities have instituted house numbers for the first time.

It's easier for the ambulance and the volunteer fire department.

But a street address may not be a postal address.

What address does eBay have and does it match Paypal?

This is interesting, please let us know the outcome.

If worse comes to worst, you can get the phone number of your customer from eBay. (He gets yours too.)

A lot of places do not have that, they have the blue number posted on a sign. The blue number is the EMS number as there are no "addresses".

Photobucket
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

The eBay address in order detail matches the Paypal address.

Without giving away personal details it looks like this:

Customer Name

City Name

City Name, Nova Scotia

Postal Code

When I search the name in Canada 411, it gives me a street name for the buyer, but no house number.

I will keep you updated, my main concern is that I send it, and its gets sent back to me, "undeliverable", at my expense...

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Check the population, ask Rose-Dee, but, anything under a certain number is a PO no home delivery.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It's common for a PayPal address to be missing an apartment number so that leads me believe that just because the PayPal address is confirmed doesn't mean that it is complete.  I would probably wait a day or so to give the buyer a chance to respond to you.  Perhaps there are still towns that don't require an address or box number but I've only seen one in the last few years and that was in a tiny Irish town.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I checked:

This town has a population of approx. 2200.

You are more than likely correct about the no home delivery.

I will wait until tomorrow to see if the buyer responds, and then cross my fingers and ship it.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I had someone buyer something from me this weekend going to London UK.  He had his name, suite number and then London UK. Because paypal uses what you put into ebay that was there to.   I emailed him and he forgot to put his street address, and he gave it to me.  So it is better to check.  He was a "0" buyer. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Ok, the buyer messaged me and gave me the house number and a PO Box.

Then, he wrote this:

NO PROVISION FOR PROVINCES IN DIALOGUE BOX

I am not sure if he means eBay or Paypal....or really what this means, but at least now I can ship it out.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

A person new to online buying will have a hard time with filling in the forms. They are "other" than user friendly.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@avenueshopswapsell wrote:

Ok, the buyer messaged me and gave me the house number and a PO Box.

Then, he wrote this:

NO PROVISION FOR PROVINCES IN DIALOGUE BOX

I am not sure if he means eBay or Paypal....or really what this means, but at least now I can ship it out.

Paypal has a dropdown list of Provinces for a shipping address -- but only if they think you are Canadian. If they think you are American you get a dropdown list of States.

For Canada you don't need the province if you have the postal code (first letter tells all) and in many cases, unless the place is really small, you don't even need the city/town/village name if you have the postal code.

-..-

Message 14 of 14
latest reply