Seller Hub

Any one know how its going to be possible to avoid eBay seller hub when eBay force it on sellers on July the 2nd against their wishes. Like every seller I know  I have been wasting time on eBay trying to avoid and getting back to My eBay:All Selling

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Seller Hub

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way. I, too, hate the seller Hub 😞

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

In the long run, no there will not be a way.

Personally I have no problem with it once I customized it to my liking.

Every time eBay has changed this aspect there has been a lot of resistance and then come the next change people scream for the one they have (the same one they hated a few years earlier).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 56
latest reply

Star trek fans already know the "borg" answer:

Resistance is Futile
Message 4 of 56
latest reply

Seller Hub appears to have everything the same as what it is replacing.

Maybe some new names for old actions.

The best thing to do is change to Seller Hub and make it happen.... Adjust to the new reality....

I made the adjustment early in June... this month...  and it is working for me... for what I want to use...

The most important thing to do is look at the ..... Overview .....page  and see how  everything that you might want is accessible.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

I actually like the new seller hub way more then the old selling manager. It's just overall less buggy for me. Navigation is far better and easier to use with the new seller hub to, but it will take some getting used to.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

Personally I like it better too, but I've been using it a loonnngg time as I'm normally a .COM guy....
Message 7 of 56
latest reply

Every time some new person takes over a division at a company, they have "make their mark" no matter how ill-advised and STUPID the clueless thing is.

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

Once you've been opted in, it's easy enough to Customize to get rid of what you don't find particularly useful. I've been using it since it became available in Canada and I don't mind it. I do mind that more than one ebay staff person assured me it would have features (Promotions Manager) that were not included, but that's another story. 

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

@southendangling wrote:

Any one know how its going to be possible to avoid eBay seller hub when eBay force it on sellers on July the 2nd against their wishes. Like every seller I know  I have been wasting time on eBay trying to avoid and getting back to My eBay:All Selling

Selling Manager is still available on the US site so my guess is, it will be available on .ca as well.

Selling Manager Pro should still be available if you have a Premier store as well.

If Seller Hub would retain all listings indefinitely it might be more worthwhile.

I just don't trust what Ebay forces us to use as it is too easy to manipulate sellers and listings, eg. best offer added on BIN and Auctions, zombie listings, and any other needless glitches and intentional abuse.

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

I'm a US seller who also lists on the Canada site. I don't use the Hub and I'm hoping this change on the Ca site doesn't bump me into having to use the Hub on the US site as well.
Message 11 of 56
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:
... I just don't trust what Ebay forces us to use as it is too easy to manipulate sellers and listings, eg. best offer added on BIN and Auctions, zombie listings, and any other needless glitches and intentional abuse.

I've heard reports of it been added automagicaly for BIN, but since when has best offer ever been available for auctions?

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

It's not for sellers but eBay can add it to auctions, and have been doing so.
Message 13 of 56
latest reply

@great_junque_finds wrote:
I'm a US seller who also lists on the Canada site. I don't use the Hub and I'm hoping this change on the Ca site doesn't bump me into having to use the Hub on the US site as well.

Seller Hub has been on .com for a while now. You can't opt out of it. How did you manage that?

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

Another case of a well paid eBay workforce creating a load of unpaid work for their sellers.

I sell in the UK and used to have around 1500 multi listings and now have under 300.

Every few months we got some new idea from eBay forcing us to do a huge amount of unpaid work. In the end it was easier just to dump most of the listings. With a profit margin of around 10% after eBay fees I would have been better off getting a job on minimum wage at Macdonalds.

Regards Rory

Message 15 of 56
latest reply

Maybe but why do I have to waste more time on it when the original set up worked fine.

Message 16 of 56
latest reply

Yes it will take some time getting used to it. More unpaid time when the previous set up worked fine.

Another case of a well paid eBay workforce creating a load of unpaid work for their sellers.

I sell in the UK and used to have around 1500 multi listings and now have under 300.

Every few months we got some new idea from eBay forcing us to do a huge amount of unpaid work. In the end it was easier just to dump most of the listings. With a profit margin of around 10% after eBay fees I would have been better off getting a job on minimum wage at Macdonalds.

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

Every few months we got some new idea from eBay forcing us to do a huge amount of unpaid work. In the end it was easier just to dump most of the listings. With a profit margin of around 10% after eBay fees I would have been better off getting a job on minimum wage at MacDonalds.

Regards Rory

Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Every few months we got some new idea from eBay forcing us to do a huge amount of unpaid work. In the end it was easier just to dump most of the listings. With a profit margin of around 10% on fishing tackle after eBay fees I would have been better off getting a job on minimum wage at Macdonalds.

Regards Rory

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

As a non-store eBay seller, who uses both.com and .ca for the monthly 50 free listings, I am still able to OPT IN or OPT OUT of Seller Hub on.com. I think a lot of these changes eBay makes are supposedly for the benefit of eBay store users, and/or larger volume sellers. As a low volume seller, I have little use for most changes that occur on eBay....

Message 20 of 56
latest reply