The new ebay.ca CDN$ policy established June 14 SUCKS!!!!!

I now can only show my selling price in cdn$ and most buyers will see that higher amount over the usd and be turned off. To make it worse I am paid in cdn$ then have to pay a fee to convert back to usd. The genius that thought this one up must be affiliated with Amazon.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: The new ebay.ca CDN$ policy established June 14 SUCKS!!!!!

Here is what I see on Pierre's storefront (viewing from .ca) -- one struck-out price is in $CDN, another in $USD.  This sort of mix is repeated all over his listings.  

2016-Aug5-Photo1.jpg

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

"odd" does not describe it!  I would call it weird!

http://stores.ebay.com/vsaauto

On ,com with a buyer with a US address and listings in US$ yet the store shows Cdn$.  Does not make sense.

It gets even more bizarre:

When I click on your store right now, I see some listings in $CDN only, others (the ones with discounts) in $CDN with the $USD equivalent struck through below, and still others in $CDN with the original $CDN price struck through below.  I'll try to post some screen shots shortly. 

On 'pj's' storefront, all listings are displayed in $CDN only to me.  On vsauto's storefront I see nothing but $USD prices, no $CDN equivalents.  

Incidentally, none of the above storefronts is in the new format (I thought someone said that vsauto's was in the new style?).

My understanding from Raphael was that the site would recognize the actual location of the viewer and display prices in that viewer's native currency (what he called "smart display").  I am -- obviously -- in Canada, viewing from .ca at the moment.  Something else must be going on. 

I was referring to new stores on .com, not .ca.  You see my store in $C because you are viewing it on .ca.  If you look at it on .com you will should see $US on the storefront.

It is odd the way the sale shows up for $US items in Pierre's store especially since it doesn't display that way in the search view if you 'see other items'.

Vsaauto did have a new store yeaterday, he must have switched it to the older version.  You said that you are seeing it in $US.....you must be looking on .com as it shows $c on .ca.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

"even more bizarre"

Not really.  I list in both US$ and Cdn$ on both eBay.com and eBay.ca and have several items (in both currencies from both sites) offering discounts (generally 15%).

My customers have no problem with the currencies... or the discount!

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
Vsaauto did have a new store yeaterday, he must have switched it to the older version.  You said that you are seeing it in $US.....you must be looking on .com as it shows $c on .ca.

No actually, yesterday I was looking at vsauto's store from .ca, and I saw nothing but $USD pricing on the storefront.  At the time I was looking at it, it was the old (standard) storefront, but it occurred to me too that he must have switched it after posting his issues here. 

I did understand that I was seeing your store in $CDN because I was on .ca -- I only mentioned it as an example of what I expected to see, in contrast to what I was seeing on vsauto's storefront.  

Pierre's is another matter, as he's using a mix of currency listings (which I should have realized).  

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

I list in both US$ and Cdn$ on both eBay.com and eBay.ca and have several items (in both currencies from both sites) offering discounts (generally 15%).

Yes, I realized afterwards that must have been the case.  Still, I daresay your customers are probably somewhat more sophisticated than the average eBay buyer.  

Personally I'd have no problem having all pricing set in $USD and displayed as such on searches and storefronts throughout eBay's sites.  Most people outside the U.S. have a pretty good idea what their currency is worth in relation to the greenback.  So I'd say to eBay: KISS.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply