This is our THANKS TO YOU!

Received this email today and found it somewhat insulting... 50.00 off shipping supplies for a job well done. 

Now if eBay would give me a 50.00 coupon to purchase anything on their site that would be something to be happy about.

eBay thinks their smart giving sellers a shipping supplies coupon that they pay pennies on the dollar for the supplies and receive free advertising.

Nothing changes....

Thank you derrick, for a job well done!

Now more than ever, you're bringing customers comfort by sending them exactly what they need, straight to their door. Your commitment to keeping your store open inspired us to give you a little extra support. After all, we're in this together!

Please use code THANKSALOT for $50 off your next order of eBay shipping supplies.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Reserve Price

Are you sure it's $50 Canadian?  I just purchased something for over $50 and was credited the whole amount.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

ebay has never explained why they nibble on the shipping cost

They did.

Their primary excuse was the 99c item (eBay fee) with $99 shipping (no eBay fee) fiddle.

So the shipping FVF was to stop that very unpopular practice. Unpopular with buyers who felt scammed, as well as with eBay.

If you use Free Shipping (which just means putting your shipping cost into your selling price) you pay the same fee for both sale and shipping.

This is not possible for everyone.

It is possible to mix these. For example, most of my lots are Free Shipping to Canada and the USA , but I have a Flat Shipping Fee for overseas which is discounted by the amount included in the selling price for US& Canada sales.

nobody uses Reserve Price as it is outragously expensive

You're right.

It exists for nervous newbies, who don't understand that the opening bid is effectively a Reserve, and free. 

It comforts them-- until they pay the Reserve fee although the item went unsold.

calculated shipping... no seller uses it.

I do.

It is necessary for selling anything at parcel rates, where the shipping rate varies with destination as well as weight and dimensions.

It also in my opinion looks more "official" than Flat Rate shipping.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Does anyone know if I can get this without having the email?

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I received mine via eBay message on this site.

eBay Messages.png

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

He HAS FAILED and the return of COVID19 this fall will prove that...

Planet Earth will be dealing with Covid-19 until there is a cure, which is probably a year away... In the meantime Covid-19 is here to stay.  

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

"Does anyone know if I can get this without having the email?"

You can have mine if you would like... 🙂

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@tobey_arih wrote:

oh, one more thing.. nobody uses Reserve Price as it is outragously expensive.

That high reserve fee is completely justified to penalize Sellers. Although it would be best if eBay eliminated the auction reserve option completely.

Reserve price is an auction annoyance for Buyers.

It just a Seller tossing bait at Buyers, pretending a Buyer can actually buy the fish at low price.

A Seller should start an auction at the minimum price they are willing to accept.

-..-

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Mine turned out to be $25USD, surprisingly.

Ian

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

"That high reserve fee is completely justified to penalize idiot Sellers.

Reserve price is an auction annoyance for Buyers.

It just a Seller tossing bait at Buyers, pretending a Buyer can actually buy the fish at low price.

There is no excuse for a Seller not to start their auctions at the minimum price they accept".

A Reserve Price has it's place on high end merchandise such as Collector Car Auctions, High Grade Golden Age and Silver Age Comics along with many others...

That way a seller can set a low opening price to stimulate bidding..... 

A Reserve Price is not meant for lower end auctions where sellers can set their opening bid to the minimum price that they would accept.  

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@ichopshop wrote:

Mine turned out to be $25USD, surprisingly.

Ian

RATS that means mine was probably $150 US, I assumed $C.

Still better than a kick in the butt as my old timer friend used to say!

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

Exactly, they should also get rid of the best offer on auctions, it's kind of counter-productive to selling the item, basically, you are saying my Auction start price is NOT my best price, make an offer...

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

I received mine via eBay message on this site.

Thanks, I found it there, but because I downgraded my store subscription to a basic because of the 50,000 free shipping, it is only worth $25. I think the dollar store will be cheaper.

eBay Messages.png

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

Exactly, they should also get rid of the best offer on auctions, it's kind of counter-productive to selling the item, basically, you are saying my Auction start price is NOT my best price, make an offer...

Best offer on auctions is for people who want to buy the item right away and not wait for the auction to be over. That means they should offer more than the starting price, not less.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Yep, however often I've got folks offering me half of what the starting price is!

And when someone offers me more, especially within the first day or so of the auction, it usually means it is going to do very well if I let it finish.... I list something starting at $9.99 someone offers me $25, based on life experience I tell them sorry but you'll have to bid against the others and it goes for $115., usually the higher over the original price the offereror goes, the much higher the ultimate price it goes for.....so I do really really like folks offering me more, but sadly for them I never accept.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply