USD RETIREMENT UPDATE: GTC end-by date deferred via Ebay Announcement

Because I don't always remember to check Announcements.... 

Sellers who have USD listings on ebay.ca need to start ending the remaining USD Good ‘Til Cancelled listings on eBay.ca but this final step is being deferred until January 2017,

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/10/19/7916/

USD RETIREMENT UPDATE

On June 14th, we updated the eBay Canada site to only support new listings created in Canadian dollars. We’d like to thank the thousands of Canadian sellers who have already converted their eBay.ca-listed US dollar listings to Canadian dollars, and/or migrated those listings to eBay.com.

What’s next?

The last step in this process will be to end the remaining USD Good ‘Til Cancelled listings on eBay.ca.

This final step is being deferred until January 2017, in order to give sellers more time to complete the migration, and to avoid interfering with the busy holiday season.

Starting on January 16th, 2017, we will begin to end all remaining Good ‘Til Cancelled USD listings on eBay.ca. We anticipate the process will take 4 days to complete.

As communicated previously, all ended Good ‘Til Cancelled listings will remain in sellers’ ended listings container in My eBay and Selling Manager. Sellers will also receive email confirmation of the ended listings. Sellers will be able to relist ended listings in CAD on eBay.ca or in USD on eBay.com. To assist with this process, the eBay Listing Migration Tool will remain available until March 31st.

For more information, please visit eBay.ca/CAD.

Russ Patterson,
COO and Director of Product Management, eBay Canada

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: USD RETIREMENT UPDATE: GTC end-by date deferred via Ebay Announcement

It is January 20, 2017

Today is the absolute last day for US dollar listings on eBay Canada

R I P

We shall overcome......

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Yes, I opened my message inbox today to a not-so-cheerful note from eBay telling me my 29 remaining $USD listings on .ca had been removed.  

Oh well, more eBay busy-work to do.  Not that I didn't know it was coming, but it's depressing.  Fortunately I moved most of my listings over to .com more than a year ago, so these are just the stragglers.  I feel particularly sorry for Canadian sellers with hundreds or thousands of listings to move. 

End of an era.  It was good while it lasted. 

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Tool doesn't work.  I have to manually relist 434 listings!  Not very happy about it.

Richmond, BC
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Yes, I opened my message inbox today to a not-so-cheerful note from eBay telling me my 29 remaining $USD listings on .ca had been removed.  

Oh well, more eBay busy-work to do.  Not that I didn't know it was coming, but it's depressing.  Fortunately I moved most of my listings over to .com more than a year ago, so these are just the stragglers.  I feel particularly sorry for Canadian sellers with hundreds or thousands of listings to move. 

End of an era.  It was good while it lasted. 

We have about 23,000 listings to work with. I spent about 45 minutes in two phone calls with a nice fellow from eBay who basically could not give me any real answers about the Migration Tool, which does seem to work but leaves so many holes to be filled it's almost easier to just relist one by one.

One of the most disheartening fails is somehow, when I sort the listings ended on eBay.ca they come up not by actual value, but simply by the highest numeral. For example, I have an item that is $899.99. However, it appears on page 18 of my ended listings, after everything that begins with a "9". That nice fellow had no idea how to fix that, or why it would have been set up that way. Unfortunately, neither do I. This is important because I would like to relist the most expensive items first, but having to go through the 100+ pages (at 200 listings per) makes me afraid I'm going to either miss or duplicate some somehow.

I spent about an hour at it last night and ended up getting about 50 listings through. That will get much quicker, but still, I hope to find someone from eBay at our industry meetings in Vegas this year and have them explain to me who thought this was a good idea.

Oh, and a kicker - with our inventory cut by 4/5ths, limited to just the existing .com inventory and coming off a 20% off storewide sale which was filled with terrible offers, yesterday was an excellent day for both sales and solid offers. Weird.

Try me -- I just might buy it!
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

One of the most disheartening fails is somehow, when I sort the listings ended on eBay.ca they come up not by actual value, but simply by the highest numeral. For example, I have an item that is $899.99. However, it appears on page 18 of my ended listings, after everything that begins with a "9". That nice fellow had no idea how to fix that, or why it would have been set up that way. Unfortunately, neither do I. This is important because I would like to relist the most expensive items first, but having to go through the 100+ pages (at 200 listings per) makes me afraid I'm going to either miss or duplicate some somehow.

That's odd that they are not sorting properly.  I just tried sorting my unsold list in selling manager and when I click on price at the top, it sorted them lowest to highest.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That's odd that they are not sorting properly.  I just tried sorting my unsold list in selling manager and when I click on price at the top, it sorted them lowest to highest.

It might work in the Selling Manager, but in the Migration Tool, "price" is actually "which numeral is highest (or lowest)." Which is not very helpful.

Try me -- I just might buy it!
Message 26 of 26
latest reply