Unable to send a combined invoice

Hi-I have been trying to send a combined invoice for a couple of days but the invoice does not go through. When I push send the screen gets a greyish fininsh and when I scroll back up to the top of the invoice page I get a red banner with Something went wrong. Please try again later.

I called ebay and they said it had already been reported to the tech team and that they are working on it but that was yesterday and I still cannot send the invoice. I have tried breaking it down into fewer items and changing the postal settings but that didn't work either. I am working on a laptop computer and usuing Chrome. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a work around? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I get the same problem every time someone asks for a combined shipping invoice. I then discovered that it actually is going through to the buyer, and they eventually pay. The problem is that the seller is not notified that the invoice has actually been sent, at least that is what has happened to me several times. I found out when I contacted the buyer and apologized that the invoice was not going through and they told me they had recieved it.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the update. I sent a note to the buyer but no answer back so I don't even know if they got that note let alone the invoice. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 

When you send the invoice to your buyer also check the box to send a copy to yourself. That way you will know if the invoice was sent since if you receive a copy the buyer should have as well.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I ALWAYS check that box, i haven't yet received one. I have phoned eBay and told it's a glitch but the invoice does go through.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks triber, good to know. Must be a glitch!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I don't even bother about it anymore, I just click the send button and wait for the payment, so far it has always come through.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

HI-I always have the button clicked to send myself a copy of the invoice but as far as I can tell the invoice did not go through. I did not receive a copy. I tried another yesterday to a different buyer and that must not have gone through either as today they are messaging a request for an invoice that I can't send. I contacted ebay again yesterday and they said that the buyers can still pay using the shopping cart but I don't know how to adjust the postage correctly. I may have to just say pay and then refund to make the postage right for the combined order. Thanks

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Tell the buyer that you have been trying and that you can send him a Paypal invoice if he agrees. Because you are in a transaction this should be fine.

When you receive thepayment you will have to mark it Paid manually.

If you know the weight dimensions and destination of the purchase you can figure out the shipping here:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

This gives the counter rate, not what we pay, but is what the customer would be seeing anyway.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Did you manage to do your combined shipping invoice? It can be very frustating.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

No I don't think it worked that way it is supposed to. I never did receive a copy of the invoices that I sent to the two buyers. One paid via the routine ebay reminders individually and I had to adjust the postage and give a rebate and the other used the shopping cart as I suggested as a work around and the postage worked out okay but I am not sure how the postage was added corectly without the invoice going through.  I did get paid but the pathways were inconsistent and vaque. After payment I was able to print a copy of the amounts paid but never really felt confident that it will work next time I need to do it. Also one seller reported that the option to request a combined invoice does not show up at their end despite my settings being correct. Thanks

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Tell the buyer that you have been trying and that you can send him a Paypal invoice if he agrees. Because you are in a transaction this should be fine.

When you receive thepayment you will have to mark it Paid manually.

Will the details from the PayPal invoice transfer to eBay and Managed Payments?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply