What People Will Sell For Money...

Here's a funny one showing people will sell anything on Ebay.  This listing made me laugh...

eBay item number: 111650834603

And they will even ship internationally LOL!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ewwwww, that's so gross! Can they guarantee that no feces has ever been in contact with those rolls?!
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

What is even funnier is that she sold a bunch of them already for even more money.  I think I have to save my paper rolls too, seems they are in demand.

toilet.jpg

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

A co-worker once asked me to save my empty rolls.  I said "why"?  She said they were going to be used at school to fill with Valentine's hearts and Easter candy.  Wh-a-a-a--at???

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
Ewwwww, that's so gross! Can they guarantee that no feces has ever been in contact with those rolls?!

That is more than likely. Paper is porous material, so feces soak through even when it appears hands and paper on other side is perfectly clean. Eventually when unwrapping the last bit of paper and taking that empty out, you are touching the roll with those fingers. The soap wash will not dispose the feces and their elements completely. Feces and composites are everywhere, in the water, in food, health standard only requires them to be very low levels 😉

Btw. money - notes and coins - contains way more fecal matter than emty toilet rolls.

Cheers 😉

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I save the rolls from my paper towels, Saran wrap etc. for my little grandson's playschool, I think they are much more suitable.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Well, Zeechan, I have never wiped my tushie with a cardboard tube. That is an odd remark on your part.

The empty rolls are excellent for starting plants and the the tube is fully bio-degradable.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I suppose I should rephrase that to germs. I highly doubt people would take the toilet roll out of the bathroom before flushing the toilet, right? I know I don't. (And you'd be surprised how many people DON'T wash their hands after using the toilet.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2081680/How-leaving-toilet-lid-flushing-aid-spread-winter-...

c.diff spores can persist on surfaces for months.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/46/Supplement_1/S43.full

I can't imagine eating Easter candies placed inside said rolls would be a hygienic idea... Do you people eat when you are on the toilet? And how would you know that the person who had the rolls doesn't have c.diff and such? I think it's a good idea to use them for gardening and such but... putting candies in them?!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Do you brush your teeth? In the bathroom? Shower in the bathroom? Use a towel from the bathroom to dry? Grab a pill out of the cabinet? Brush you hair with a comb or brush in the bathroom? Check yourself in the mirror?

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I saw somewhere that the most germ laden place in a restaurant wasn't the toilet seat, nor the handles to the bathroom door but the MENU!!!!!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Ric;

I really probably could have lived without that little tidbit (LOL).

I already open and close restaurant doors without the use of my hands, so this little hurdle will probably be taken in stride.

It's a disgusting world, isn't it?

But, for fans of Douglas Adam's "Hitchhikers Guide To The Universe", we knew that; wasn't it the demise of the phone disinfectors that caused the end of ..... everything.

No. 42! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Do you brush your teeth? In the bathroom? Shower in the bathroom? Use a towel from the bathroom to dry? Grab a pill out of the cabinet? Brush you hair with a comb or brush in the bathroom? Check yourself in the mirror?

In my own bathroom, yes I do all that, except putting pills in a cabinet inside a bathroom. I could never understand the logic of putting pills there when you can put it in the kitchen, your own room, etc.

And I know none of my family members carry c.diff or such bugs so I'm comfortable doing all of the above at home. What I mean is what OTHER people carry... and yes, I'm well aware that there can be people everywhere carrying all kind of bugs and germs going on public transits, restaurants etc etc... and that my last diner could very well be a c.diff carrier...... now I think I might as well lock myself in my room for the rest of my life. Smiley Indifferent

(PS. I do find a lot of restaurant menus very disgusting, especially those where the pages are falling off, the paper is sooo worn out, and they still don't replace them... )

Still, it doesn't change the fact that putting candies in toilet paper rolls is disgusting. And I'm entitled to my own opinion. You're more than welcomed to eat candies out of toilet paper rolls, I won't stop you. Just don't offer them to me Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
latest reply