What's going on with Anne Murray CD's?

I have a bunch of Anne Murray CD's listed for years.  All of a sudden in the last 4 days, I sold 4.  I love her voice but to sell Anne Murray CD's, 4 in 2 days, that is unusual, 2 Canada, 1 to USA and 1 to Singapore.  She has been retired since 2008 and she hasn't died, so what gives?  I'm not complaining, just unusual to see.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@musicyouneed 

I find sales of anything tend to be like an on off switch. Suddenly you will sell several of the same thing out of the blue or ship to an area of the world 3 times in a couple of days (eg. Spain, Spain, Portugal, Spain - random items) you haven't sold to in years. Might be easier to explain Nessie or Bigfoot.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This happens to me all the time in "my world".

Netherlands stamps sit for years then all the sudden a bunch go, then it goes quiet again.

Same holds true for multi item listings, they'll sit dormant for a long time, a bunch go then they go quiet again....

I think that when the first one goes, it triggers more visibility of any others that you still have available, and if any of them sell, then that triggers even more visibility for any others that still exist.....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

... I love her voice but to sell Anne Murray CD's, 4 in 2 days, that is unusual, 2 Canada, 1 to USA and 1 to Singapore.  She has been retired since 2008 and she hasn't died, so what gives?

Perhaps some interest generated by the 2019 production "Could I Have This Dance?, a new musical featuring the hits of Grammy-award-winning Canadian songstress Anne Murray."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/toronto/article/Photo-Flash-Anne-Murray-Musical-Debuts-To-Sold-Out-Cro...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I find very sporadic sales. I can go about 2 weeks with hardly a sale, and then one week I quite a few sales, then back to a lull again.

Also, location is the same thing. Over 90% of my sales are to the US, maybe one Canadian every 2 weeks. In the last 2 days, after a "no sale" lull, 5 sales, ALL to Canada.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same here, sales sporadic, a couple sales in a day and then nothing for a few days.  The same here with the US and Canada, sometimes all US buyers and then nothing but Canadian buyers.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The truly weird ones are titles that have sat on the shelf for months, then I think about them and they sell.

Over the weekend I was tidying my bookshelves (too many B authors so they were double stacked, while the W shelf was nearly empty) and noticed a Wilson Tucker vintage book "The Long Loud Silence" and thinking I should read it. Then I put it back on the new shelf.

And yesterday it sold.

*cue theme from The Outer Limits*

Message 7 of 7
latest reply