Woo hoo starting in January we get more free listings!

image.pngI've got an anchor store so instead of today's lowly 50,000 items I can now list up to 75,000 (the note says this is a permanent change).

So now I go from having to only find 45,000 more things to sell to having to find 70,000 more things to sell.....

Sigh, I wish some sort of "improvement" would come along that was actually of use or saves me $$....

Maybe next time....

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Woo hoo starting in January we get more free listings!

just got the email also. will have to search more info concerning this  but isn't this a good thing? I have an anchor store also but now can now switch to basic store for 20-25$? 

Or is there a catch I am missing

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Was wondering the same thing. I have a Premium Store but would drop down to a Basic Store if I get more free listings.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Quantity is necessarily a good thing when it comes to eBay ...just means more & more mis-used listings; more import **bleep**, more multiples of same types of listings for buyers to wade thru to find what they really are looking for/want...

Yep, would rather see something more useful...but eBay is what it is and far from what it was back in the day...

C'est la vie!

Que sera, sera...

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@squidboytoys wrote:

just got the email also. will have to search more info concerning this  but isn't this a good thing? I have an anchor store also but now can now switch to basic store for 20-25$? 

Hmmm I was being sarcastic but you have a good point.

As well when I re-looked at it I'm currently toast as my store is a .COM store until the time comes I can somehow move it over to a .CA store, which I'll have to revisit when it gets close to my store renewal time.

One thing I will not want to lose is the "special support" phone number I  have, that alone is worth something to me, those folks are much better than the standard CSR group, and I'm willing to pay to continue to have access to them. I think one has to have an anchor store to get them, I'll have to look at that aspect if the "conversion day" ever comes for me.....

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@squidboytoys wrote:

One catch is that you have to be selling items in one of those select categories.

Another catch is you must have a Canadian store and sell one of the .CA sites.

-..-

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

This was pretty much expected when .com announced the increased listings in the summer, and the extended monthly bonus promo, but I'm glad it's official.

I wonder how it is going to work with .ca vs .com as MP rolls out. In the past our store listings were "doubled", although not with the current bonus. I wonder if that will change. I wonder if we will still be able to open stores and list on either site more or less interchangeably.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

If I am reading this "oh so great" new offering correctly 

" Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games "

Is the ONLY sub category that would qualify for listing perk

Is this a joke or what? 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

"Select categories include:

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards

Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games

Collectibles

Music

Books

DVDs & Movies

Video Games & Consoles > Video Games

Stamps

Crafts

Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies"

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

ahhh... there is the catch.

missed that subcategory, I thought it was for all toys.

silly me for thinking I would save some $. sigh

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Several of those categories attract members who buy and sell multiples per sale.

It allows sportscard sellers to list dollar cards cheaply, expecting to sell a dozen cards in each transaction.  Ditto low end common stamps.

Making eBay more like a club auction, where nothing sells over $10 but everyone goes home with a few spaces filled.

And while most of those "junior" collectors* will never move beyond that level, which if fine, a few will move up to more difficult or esoteric parts of their chosen hobby.

Mind you, I'd be happier if eBay had reduced the FVF on Books. But I can see how having more titles available makes eBay more attractive to bookbuyers.

*Which has nothing to do with age- it's a description of expertise.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Which of those categories are awash with cheap imported fakes?

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Perfectly said. There is interest and value in inventories, even if it's not high dollar value, especially as so many niche markets are increasingly online. It's not like it was in years past with brick and mortar shops and in-person markets and conventions. Buyers and collectors can easily filter and narrow searches if they don't want to wade through it all, but they can't search for what is unaffordable for a seller to make available.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

With 5,000 listings in books....

It looks like I can eventually drop from an Anchor store to a Basic store.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

"It allows sportscard sellers to list dollar cards cheaply, expecting to sell a dozen cards in each transaction.  Ditto low end common stamps."

This is very good news. I had thousands of low value stamps, cards, and covers that I would only put up during a listing sale with turbolister. Now I can just keep them up. Also I can reduce from a premuim to a basic store and save $40 per month while having more sales.

As for .com with a .ca subscription how many .com listings will we still have with the different store levels? 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Just saw that jewelry isn't included in the free listings, so it will not benefit me.  Downgraded my store to Basic a few days ago. Will have to go back up to Premium again in the new year.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@widgetc wrote:

As for .com with a .ca subscription how many .com listings will we still have...

For those not in Managed Payments:

Basic: 350 fixed + 250 auction

Premium: 1000 fixed + 500 auction

Anchor: 10000 fixed + 1000 auction

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Party supplies are in demand right now.
That's a biggie.
Glad to see game consoles are also on the list.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply