eBay.com listings delivery estimate totally wrong

For those selling on eBay.com how accurate are your delivery estimate dates?  I'm getting annoyed at how wrong they are for me.

My listings are set to same day handling/shipping with UPS 3-Day shipping.   All my orders to US get delivered in 2 business days, from time to time 3 days if there's some issue on the way.  But, eBay is showing all my listings as about 10+ day delivery which for sure is costing me sales.

Even using the shipping calculator, entering a US zip code it still shows that silly date range:

(Today is May 3rd)

------------------

Free shipping
Free
United States
Expedited Shipping (UPS 3 Day SelectSM)
Estimated between Wed, May 11 and Mon, May 16 to 90210 
------------------

Like what the heck, May 11 to 16 delivery date from May 3rd order date using 3-day courier service?  If I shipped a package today it would be delivered on May 5th.

Any ideas how I can correct this?  I tried chatting with eBay but they were totally useless.  Kept telling me because it's international delivery even though its listed in US and the shipping settings come from "Domestic" section and I'm picking a 3 day courier delivery service.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: eBay.com listings delivery estimate totally wrong

@snidley7 wrote:

I'm not arguing against having something working correctly.  I'm saying that from what I've observed, the .com site isn't set up for calculated shipping for non-US-based sellers.  If it were, wouldn't Calculated Shipping offer options for other countries' postal systems in addition to USPS?

I believe the OP is referring to "fixed rate" UPS options on .com.  It is indeed intended for international sellers.  In fact there is a whole drop down section of shipping options just for international sellers.  Some of the options are country specific, such as options just for China.

The problem is the UPS international estimated delivery times on eBay are inaccurate.  UPS 3 day shipping should be 3 days.  UPS Express should be 1 day... etc.

There is no dropdown on .com for UPS that is meant for international sellers.  The one the op is referring to is closer to the top and is for US sellers....not in the 'from abroad' options. Those options generally give an estimated delivery time based on zip codes.  If a seller is close to the buyer the edt may be 1 day.  If they are farther it would give a date for 3 day delivery.  The op seems to think that it should work 2 different ways...be calculated for some and a max. 3 days for international.  Perhaps they could program it like that but I doubt that they ever will as there is unlikely to be many international sellers who want to guarantee 3 days from outside of the US.  

I suggested that the op use expedited shipping from outside of the US as it does appear to actually give a 1-4 day  edt.  I don't know if they tried that option or not.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

Imo this is not an issue or a concern.   The usps first class option on the ,com listing from shows a 1-5 business day eta.  On the actual listing it shows a specific date or range based on the seller and buyers zip codes.  

UPS 3 day select works the same way. If both seller and buyer are in NY the eta will likely be 1 day.  If 1 is in NY and other in Cali it will say 3 days.  It only says 3 days if the zip codes support that.  As the name suggests it is a max. of 3 days.  But it isn't set up to automatically to show 3 days as a default which is what the op wants.  Should ebay program something as a default for the odd Canadian that uses .com to list AND wants to use that method?  I honestly think that there are very few people outside of the US that ever use that.   There isn't even a UPS service called that from Canada to the US.   Personally, I would  rather see eBay spend their time fixing  the time estimates that are set up already for us to use..both on .com and on .ca.

ebay might want to consider changing the title to ups select on the listing to stop any confusion but imo, that's about it.

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

Are you and marnotom! the same person?  It sure seems like those two profiles keep posting anything and everything to stop eBay from fixing this problem.

Whatever the cause is, it's a problem and needs to be fixed. 

Since this issue does not concern you, I would appreciate if you stopped posting in this thread, thank you!

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

Nope, we are 2 different people. We all have our own point of view and since this is a public discussion board we are entitled to  post that view.  EBay is going to do what they want regardless of what you or I think so that is definitely not my point in posting.  I doubt that they have read more than 1 or 2 posts of this thread anyway.   But good luck, perhaps they will change it. 

Message 64 of 64
latest reply