new ebay.ca shipping listings. who having problems it used to be real E Bay and now a nightmare.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: new ebay.ca shipping listings. who having problems it used to be real E Bay and now a nightmare.

marnotom!
Community Member

Did you get railroaded into using flat-rate shipping instead of calculated shipping?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: new ebay.ca shipping listings. who having problems it used to be real E Bay and now a nightmare.

no we did not decide to do the flat rate shipping. we go by dims and weights. but e bay changed the system and you have to create your own. al ebay cares about is filling there pockets every way they can and the seller gets all of brunt of e-bay you must see by know ebay dose not care about seller. They may say they do but they prove other wise. what type of company takes 10% of your shippin costs, this is just wrong i have asking several times why they do that. the best thing you should do is always put a thank you note in the parcel and make sure you get the buyers to your own web site to produce more sale and keep some extra profits that e-bay takes.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There are very few selling venues out there that don't  charge fees on the shipping...Most all selling venues charge their fees on the TOTAL of the transaction...and that my friend is no different from what eBay does...

Perhaps having your own web site is YOUR solution, but that is not for everyone...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@vtwinparts2015 wrote:

but e bay changed the system and you have to create your own.

What does this mean?

As far as fees on shipping, that has been the case since 2011, 4 years before you registered!

If you actually want to know why.........

1 - To eliminate rampant fee avoidance ($1 item with $20 shipping)

2 - To remove the fee penalty that seller who use "free shipping" (shipping included) paid.

When fees on shipping were introduced eBay also reduced the overall rates to compensate. Sellers of low value but expensive to ship items paid more, sellers of higher value items with low shipping paid less.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

EBay has been charging on shipping since 2011, four years before you opened this account.

Managed Payments has made fees much more transparent than they were with Paypal, even when PP was wholly owned by eBay (and a strong profit centre for them).

With MP, it is obvious that sellers are charged on the whole amount of the payment, which was harder to see when we got PP fees charged immediately, but eBay fees only monthly. I suppose that could be considered a benefit.

OTOH-- with PP we could run a balance and use it for purchases and  costs- like the monthly Store Subscription.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Having a quick look at the OP’s latest listing versus a couple of older ones, I think their issue is that they weren’t able to use or couldn't find the Calculated Shipping option when they created the new listing. As I haven’t sold for a while I can’t really advise them on this.  My guess is they're using the simple rather than the advanced form.

Their concerns about FVF being charged on shipping are more an expression of their frustration with eBay rather than being the crux of their problem.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@vtwinparts2015 

Look at the upper right of the selling form.

You should see three dots.

Click on that and then on Classic View.

I think that takes you from the extremely horrible short form to ... well the Classic View.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply