[save up to 61% on Canada Post Tracked Packet™– USA]---Anyone Know What's Up After Dec 31?

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what happens to Tr Pkt USA rates on January 1, 2024?

Will eBay Canada sellers lose the only competitive shipping feature ever?

Merry Christmas!

Current eBay Promo ending Dec 31

["For a limited time, save up to 61% on Canada Post Tracked Packet™– USA

US buyers are accustomed to and expect tracked shipping for their online purchases - even lower-value ones. To enable Canadian sellers an affordable tracked service to the US, eBay has partnered with Canada Post to offer specially reduced rates on Tracked Packet™– USA for shipments up to two kilograms.

This special promotion is available to all Canadian eBay sellers purchasing on eBay Labels until December 31, 2023.

--------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: [save up to 61% on Canada Post Tracked Packet™– USA]---Anyone Know What's Up After Dec 31?

Still impressed that USPS has kept it together so well with all political junk.  That is IMHO anways, I am very happy with how things flow through the systems.   Of course there  are occasional weird trackjing things, but overall it works very well. 

Message 41 of 56
latest reply

Re: [save up to 61% on Canada Post Tracked Packet™– USA]---Anyone Know What's Up After Dec 31?

Thanks. I didn't know any of that.

In 2018 a seller in Japan was selling music supplies all free shipping.

I ordered one guitar pick for 79 cents/free shipping. 

It came quickly from Tokyo in a large manilla envelope. the stamp said NIPPON 150. the envelope had  a proper cn22 on the front with a declaration of $1. My pick was inside.  I felt bad because there was also a thank you note.  I also found this card inside... 

DSCN4070.JPG

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

At the moment the yen is about one cent Cdn.  So 150 yen would be about $1.42. (You would pay $2.71 Cdn for the same service.)

And Japan is considered a "first world" economy so Nippon Post is paying about the same to have their mail delivered here as we pay to have our mail delivered there.

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi folks,

Merry Christmas!

US buyers are accustomed to and expect tracked shipping for their online purchases - even lower-value ones. To enable Canadian sellers an affordable tracked service to the US, eBay has partnered with Canada Post to offer specially reduced rates on Tracked Packet™– USA for shipments up to two kilograms.

This special promotion is available to all Canadian eBay sellers purchasing on eBay Labels until December 31, 2023.

@intimewithmusic 

@reallynicestamps 

@byto253 

@regs43 

An FYI to one and all. The USA tracked service has been extended to March 2024

While this promotion was initially slated to end on December 31, 2023, to thank sellers for an excellent year, we are pleased to announce that it has been extended to March 30, 2024, at 11:59pm ET. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/eBay-Canada-is-extending-its-promotional-rates-for-southb...

-Lotz

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi folks,

Merry Christmas!

@intimewithmusic 

@reallynicestamps 

@byto253 

@regs43 

An FYI to one and all. The USA tracked service has been extended to March 2024

While this promotion was initially slated to end on December 31, 2023, to thank sellers for an excellent year, we are pleased to announce that it has been extended to March 30, 2024, at 11:59pm ET. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/eBay-Canada-is-extending-its-promotional-rates-for-southb...

-Lotz

@regs43 

When I do spot a new announcement on ca I usually am shocked. Saw it entirely by accident!!

-Lotz

Message 45 of 56
latest reply

I would have never seen it as I don't even go to that section lol, should have been sent to our meesages or an email? aka inform the masses? ebays communication is severly lacking

Message 46 of 56
latest reply

Great news, thanks for spotting it!

Message 47 of 56
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I would have never seen it as I don't even go to that section lol, should have been sent to our meesages or an email? aka inform the masses? ebays communication is severly lacking

It’s near the top of the Community home page.

IMG_4624.png

Message 48 of 56
latest reply

I have the seller community section of this board bookmarked, usually only place I check in and I am not observant in general lol! an email or a message to affected sellers accounts would be a much better way then an announmcemt on a community board that MOST people likely dont even know exists (if were being honest lol)

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I have the seller community section of this board bookmarked, usually only place I check in and I am not observant in general lol! an email or a message to affected sellers accounts would be a much better way then an announmcemt on a community board that MOST people likely dont even know exists (if were being honest lol)

@regs43 

@marnotom! 

Just for the sheer entertainment value I do random comparisons between the 2 sites in the case something shows up on dot com that may be potentially applicable to ca. There ofen is a major lag when/if things do show up or they were never proofed to confirm links were amended so they work on ca. Same scenarios can be in play for major glitches.  eBay Canada?....Ohhhh, what the heck!!!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/bg-p/Announcements

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/bg-p/Announcements

Message 50 of 56
latest reply

It is nice to see this extended. I feel spoiled by not having to make a weekly trip to Chit Chats. 

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

@ilikehockeyjerseys wrote:

It is nice to see this extended. I feel spoiled by not having to make a weekly trip to Chit Chats. 

@ilikehockeyjerseys 

After speaking to another seller that used Net Parcel and UPS (In the past) they noted that discounted rates are better with NP. With my recent Canadian orders UPS vs CP has displayed higher by a few bucks. Will check and advise if it's the same for anything going to USA. Still unable to check rates with The eBay Calculator. Fedex - Not active. UPS - Does not display. (Shippo was also offering discounted rates for Canadian users. Unsure of the level.)

-Lotz

Message 52 of 56
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

Given how little traffic there is on these discussion boards (especially when compared to the .com ones), I don't find it onerous to go straight to the Community home page. 

https://community.ebay.ca

Message 53 of 56
latest reply

Message 54 of 56
latest reply

Ha ha. You crack me up @reallynicestamps 

Thank you @lotzofuniquegoodies  for discovering this.

I hope in March eBay communicates better about this so those of us who sell to the USA can prepare in advance. If I know for sure what's going on I could stop sweating bullets and promote the low shipping rates in a sale or  ? to let my  customers know on March 30 the fun is over.  A month ahead would be swell wouldn't it? 

Golly gee gosh... kick sand.

Merry Ho ho to all!

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

Amazing news, thank you so much for sharing!!

Message 56 of 56
latest reply