tyler@ebay My account is now restricted

Hi Tyler, because of all the problems with my registrations being changed to CA from US I am having so many problems, I have spent hours on the phone with eBay. I owe my monthly fees but there is no way to pay them, everything I click on goes to "there is a problem please try again". The tech people assured me that there would be no problem because it is not my fault, now I have had an email that my account is restricted. Everyone I have spoken too talks about sending a ticket, but nothing happens. I just don't know what to do. I wish that rep. had never changed my registration. I can't even re-enter my bank registration.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: tyler@ebay My account is now restricted

@triber wrote:

I explained that these problems started when a rep. changed my registration and he told me that had to be done, I can't have a US registration if I live in Canada and have a Canadian bank, I told him that most of the sellers on the Canadian board are able to do that. I don't think he believed me. I told him that if I can't sell, I can't afford my monthly account payments.

This program needs to internally memo'd to every single member of the managed payments team. 

They are still very much using paypal. They don't like switching people back to it, but it is a possibility as that was one of two options presented to me before they finally managed to get an upload link working so I could actually get a manual verfication sorted out. That absolutely should be done for customers that have been effected like yourself. IT can reverse it as it a flag on each of your listings. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

tyler@ebay 

Triber, so sorry to hear this has happened to you. I sure hope tyler or someone will be able to help you. I know you depend on your eBay sales.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you msmaggie, no one can find any way for me to pay my monthly account, I even offered to send a cheque! You would think someone would be able to work it out. Numerous reps have tried to walk me through and every time we get "sorry there is a problem please try again".

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Under site preferences --> selling --> seller account are you able to see and modify your payment settings there? At least for the first month of managed payments that last monthly fees invoice should be pulling from the payments methods set there, rather what is setup in the payments section. 

Have they at least reset your listings to renable paypal as your payment method?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

No, they said they are no longer using Paypal! Every option I try comes up with "There seems to be a problem", even trying to look at my account etc. I am hoping to hear back from someone today, this is beyond stressful. They won't let me put in my payment options.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I am in the same boat as you. I have called and talked to a few people all indicating they are issueing tickets.  But nothing has happened.  I have uploaded bank statements and the warning goes away and then comes back.  I pay my stores fees in USD, I only list on .com in USD and I have a CDN USD bank account yet all my transactions are being sutomatically converted to CDN $$.  If the managed payments was sent up worng in the first place why does Ebay not allow the account to just be reset and start over?  Just a mess as my other Ebay account using the exact same bank info is not a problem.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @triber - I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. I will need to look into this further with the teams involved, as that shouldn't have happened (as you know). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you Tyler. That rep. that changed my registration has caused so many problems. I still can't list. My fees are all paid up.Now some buyer are unable to purchase my items, when they click on "buy it now" they get an error message. The last couple of days a buyer tried and tried to work it out, she called eBay 3 times and so did I, all they told her was that she she ask me to send a invoice. You can't send an invoice if you haven't purchased. In the end we gave up. Now I have another on today with the same problem.

I phoned eBay to ask and they said to tell her to call eBay. I explained that these problems started when a rep. changed my registration and he told me that had to be done, I can't have a US registration if I live in Canada and have a Canadian bank, I told him that most of the sellers on the Canadian board are able to do that. I don't think he believed me. I told him that if I can't sell, I can't afford my monthly account payments.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@triber - Don't let them tell you it was required, because it definitely was not. I've been filing coaching tickets as quickly as I find reports on the boards, and I've been letting upper management know about what's still happening. They're taking further action to fully disable frontline teammates from changing site registration at all, which won't help any of the folks who have already had it happen, but it will keep it from happening to others. 

I'm sorry about the payments issue! Did any of your buyers share the exact error they were getting? I'll see what I can do to look into that one. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I explained that these problems started when a rep. changed my registration and he told me that had to be done, I can't have a US registration if I live in Canada and have a Canadian bank, I told him that most of the sellers on the Canadian board are able to do that. I don't think he believed me. I told him that if I can't sell, I can't afford my monthly account payments.

This program needs to internally memo'd to every single member of the managed payments team. 

They are still very much using paypal. They don't like switching people back to it, but it is a possibility as that was one of two options presented to me before they finally managed to get an upload link working so I could actually get a manual verfication sorted out. That absolutely should be done for customers that have been effected like yourself. IT can reverse it as it a flag on each of your listings. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

One buyer did send a picture of the error, but neither I or the rep could read it, it was so small. He tried to enlarge it but it wouldn't work.

I think a lot of Canadian sellers will have a lot to thank you for without even knowing what you have saved them from. Opening up sometimes to .ca sometimes .com often saying you are on the wrong site. I do remember the name of the rep. today that told me Canadian sellers had to be registered in Canada, but I don't want to put his name on a public forum.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

No Worries about that @triber - I don't have a lot of access to the 'nuts and bolts' of your account, but I can find the contact as long as I know the day you called in. I can make sure they get coaching. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply