How to change item's price from Canadian dollar to US ?

I am in canada and selling my stuff in C$ but I've listed some items in US$ so that they appear on ebay.com as well as eba.ca

I am trying to change one of my listing, which is in C$, to US$ but cannot find a way to do that. Do I need to start from scratch and list it as a new item or can I change the price in existing listing to US$ ? 

any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"I've listed some items in US$ so that they appear on ebay.com as well as eba.ca"

It does not matter if you list in Cdn$ or US$.  Your listings will appear on both sites as long as:

1) you indicate in your listings that you ship to Canada and the USA

2) you select  shipping methods to Canada and the USA

3) you put a shipping charge for both shipping methods to Canada and the USA.

Once listed in US$, the currency in thelisting cannot be revised.  If it is important to you, you need to end it and relist - changing the currency from US$ to Cdn$ at time of relisting.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"I've listed some items in US$ so that they appear on ebay.com as well as eba.ca"

It does not matter if you list in Cdn$ or US$.  Your listings will appear on both sites as long as:

1) you indicate in your listings that you ship to Canada and the USA

2) you select  shipping methods to Canada and the USA

3) you put a shipping charge for both shipping methods to Canada and the USA.

Once listed in US$, the currency in thelisting cannot be revised.  If it is important to you, you need to end it and relist - changing the currency from US$ to Cdn$ at time of relisting.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This listing only appears on eBay.ca - it does not appear on eBay.com - not because it is listed in Cdn$ but because you have not indicated shipping to the USA with a US shipping method and US shipping charge:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tactical-Paintball-Vest-/171331042571?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&var=&hash=item27e...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

pierre, thanks for your help and explaining that to me, now I am clear on that, and appreciate your help
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

My last six listings only showed C$ when I went to enter the fixed selling price. I entered the USD as I have on 200+ others, then when I reviewd them, they were listed in C$ (USD entered) then converetd to real USD which is way lower and not my intended price. My personal data shows US, Never happened until just now/// Any ideas???? Thank you, Dave.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you want to list your items in US dollars, you need to list them on eBay.com instead of eBay.ca.  eBay.ca uses Canadian dollars for the transaction currency.

Given that this thread is almost seven years old, it's likely going to be closed to new posts soon.  If you want to post further to this, I suggest you start a new thread.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice may be out of date.

In this case, it is no longer possible to list on dotCA in US dollars. However, we can list on dotCOM in US dollars.

We can even double the number of "free" listings we get by listing on both sites.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply