Expedited USA dimensions not working?

Some reason today when i try to use paypal canada post shipping tool it wont let me use expedited USA parcel. Says Not valid dimensions..   my size is 9x6x4 INCH  4LB   . I tried a bunch of different sizes but still not. I have used this method many of times before with the same size.

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Re: Expedited USA dimensions not working?

same thing here... really need this solved... absolutely no dimensions work of Expedited USA

Message 101 of 142
latest reply

I am sooooooooo fed up! I rang Paypal and Ebay and was told that they are aware of the problem with the error message we are getting when trying to print Expedited Parcel shipping labels. They say it's a priority fix...Hmmm, then why is it not fixed yet? I've been trying since last night and like everyone else, I don't want to use Canada Post EST because the discount is half less than on Ebay. Of course, there is always waiting in line at the post office and filling out all those labels which is a nightmare. You'd think that with all the technology we have today, this would be fixed by now. I also rang Canada Post because I tried to use EST and that was quite honestly, clunky at best! It seems that Pitney Bowes is supposed to be fixing this. Now, the only way we are going to know when it's repaired is by continuing to try printing a label. Like we have nothing better to do eh? Geez, profits are had enough to come by these days and this waste of time just adds to my frustration...sorry for the whining but I had to vent somewhere 🐵

Message 102 of 142
latest reply

This afternoon, Kalvin@ebay.com, eBay.ca community manager confirmed:

"We're hoping the fix is just around the corner, an announcement will be made to this effect."

Message 103 of 142
latest reply

The question is, which corner?

btw, it is not only Expedited to the US, it is also Expedited within Canada.

Message 104 of 142
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

"Hoping" and "just around the corner"..doesn't really instill any confidence in me..I mean,they couldn't even bother to issue an announcement that there was a problem.Not very professional.But then again..it's just .ca.

Message 105 of 142
latest reply

I am beyond frustrated.  It has been over two weeks without Tracked Packet USA and a week for Expedited Parcel USA.  Hence, no trackable service to the US.  (XpressPost doesn't count - - no one is going to pay for that).  Eighty percent of my buyers are in the US.  Effectively, I'm out of business. I cannot conceive of any business of any size that could get away with having a technical issue of that scope and duration and not even addressing the issuing and updating their customers. 

Message 106 of 142
latest reply

The question is, which corner?

btw, it is not only Expedited to the US, it is also Expedited within Canada.

Canada Expedited works but right above the dimensions, you have to check off a box saying whether you are shipping a parcel or envelope.

Message 107 of 142
latest reply

There is a way to outcome this so you can still buy "Expedited parcel - USA" from PayPal:

step 1: use Google chrome or Firefox as your browser

step 2: open the Paypal shipping page just as usual

step 3: Once you selected "Expedited Parcel-USA" in Service Type, Single click your right mouse within the Service Type box and select “Inspect Element”.

A window box will appear at the bottom of the page.

At the line where is says:

“ …

replace the word "hidden" with “ShowBlock”

note: make sure “ShowBlock” S and B are capital or else it won't work

step 4: close the bottom window (there is an X button at the top right)

step 5: a new button for Package Type will appear directly above the dimensions area. Select “Parcel” from there.

step 6: continue to make the shipping labels as usual. you will notice now your dimensions are accepted.

Hope this helps!

Message 108 of 142
latest reply

blazingseller4
Community Member

Seems to be working again - Tracked packet & expedited. But for how long? I already upset a buyer who is sure to give me bad feedback (after I did everything I could & refunded shipping).

How long before broken again? Days, hours?

Message 109 of 142
latest reply

There is an eBay announcement that Tracked Packet is fixed and available.  No mention of Expedited parcel.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201305.shtml#2013-05-07154756

Message 110 of 142
latest reply

From the eBay.ca Announcement Board a few minutes ago:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201305.shtml#2013-05-07154756 

We’re happy to confirm that Tracked Packet – USA and Tracked Packet – International are both available for eBay sellers on PayPal.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to get this issue resolved.

Message 111 of 142
latest reply

I tested PayPal shipping for Tracked Packet USA and it appears to be giving the correct rates for different dimensions and weights entered.

However, Expedited Parcel USA is still giving the invalid package type error.

I will test both with a few more examples using PayPal Shipnow and report back.

Message 112 of 142
latest reply

So, only tracked packet is working? Before I accept offers today does anyone know if expedited to usa is working? Guess I'll phone paypal again!!!!???? 

Message 113 of 142
latest reply

Without Expedited Parcel, we still can't ship anything over 1 kilo.  Frankly, I'd rather have Expedited Parcel than Tracked Packet if I had to make a choice.

Message 114 of 142
latest reply

You are my new hero!! Your solution worked for me and it was dead easy!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Begs the question...Why haven't Ebay or Paypal figured this out? Maybe it's a broader problem but surely they could have posted this solution as a temporary measure...just saying 🐵

Message 115 of 142
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracked Packet is working today as of 8 pm but not Expedited USA!  Come on, eBay/PayPal!!

As for one of you said we need to check our computer for update, why should we when in fact it is eBay/PayPal's end that is causing those insane problems?  I don't think it has to do anything with our computer, browers, cookes/achet or whatever.

Message 116 of 142
latest reply

Thanks for the “Inspect Element” trick. Had to use Expedited and it worked.

Don't understand what is taking so long to fix this!

_ _ _ _ _

"To be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid".
Message 117 of 142
latest reply

Yes, thanks for posting the "Inspect Element"!  If we can do this "manually", why can't PayPal or whomever fix it?

Message 118 of 142
latest reply

Thanks for the tip.  It works! 

FYI for anyone having the same issues, I successfully printed an Expedited Parcel label on Thursday night but today (Saturday)  it's no longer working so it seems it's an intermittent and ongoing problem. 😞

Thank heavens for smart people who share their knowledge because the folks at eBay and Paypal are really REALLY slow at replying and fixing issues!

Message 119 of 142
latest reply

I have not been able to get the "fix" to work yet.

I've spent more time trying than the money I'd save would warrant even I could get it to work.

I'd like to think that we matter up here in Canada, but over and over the message that we don't matter very much at all get sent loud and clear.

IT'S AN EASY FIX....................  WHAT OTHER POSSIBLE REASON/EXPLANATION COULD THERE BE FOR NOT DOING SO????

Message 120 of 142
latest reply