I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

Can you help?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Re: I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

"that offer discounted USPS postage at really great rates."

Canada is a very small country with a very small market when compared to the USA and many businesses viable in the USA will simply not work out in Canada.

Now, Canadian mail order sellers have been purchasing "discount postage" for decades.  It is nothing new. Generally offered by retiring stamp collectors, accumulators, dealers, public auctioneers, etc... 

At one time (*) we could find many large lots of Canadian postage stamps offered well below face value right here on eBay.  That market (20% to 40% below face value) still exists but not on eBay.  Folks have to look around and be prepared to invest in stamp inventory and spend some time getting the postage combinations working for their business. Many other dealers offer similar deals today.  If one is willing to work a little bit and has the volume to justify the purchase - it is well worth it.

(*) About ten years ago, I regularly listed and sold $5,000 Canada postage at 25% below face value on eBay.  Many went to repeat customers.  In those days eBay only charged 1.25% fee on transactions over $1,000.  Rising FVFs made that low margin business unprofitable. I am now retired and my discount postage inventory is gone.  But, up until last year, I was still selling $1,000 and $2,000 face lots (typically 30% below face value) to Canadian sellers using the postage to save on shipping.

Message 81 of 92
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"that offer discounted USPS postage at really great rates."

Canada is a very small country with a very small market when compared to the USA and many businesses viable in the USA will simply not work out in Canada.

Now, Canadian mail order sellers have been purchasing "discount postage" for decades.  It is nothing new. Generally offered by retiring stamp collectors, accumulators, dealers, public auctioneers, etc... 

At one time (*) we could find many large lots of Canadian postage stamps offered well below face value right here on eBay.  That market (20% to 40% below face value) still exists but not on eBay.  Folks have to look around and be prepared to invest in stamp inventory and spend some time getting the postage combinations working for their business. Many other dealers offer similar deals today.  If one is willing to work a little bit and has the volume to justify the purchase - it is well worth it.

(*) About ten years ago, I regularly listed and sold $5,000 Canada postage at 25% below face value on eBay.  Many went to repeat customers.  In those days eBay only charged 1.25% fee on transactions over $1,000.  Rising FVFs made that low margin business unprofitable. I am now retired and my discount postage inventory is gone.  But, up until last year, I was still selling $1,000 and $2,000 face lots (typically 30% below face value) to Canadian sellers using the postage to save on shipping.

The size of Canada has absolutely nothing to do with it and if everyone thought that way we would have nothing in this country.

Despite Canada's smaller market, were someone able to start a business purchasing and selling discounted, bulk Canada Post shipping services it would not only survive but it would be immensely successful.

The fact of the matter is that no one will ever be alowed to open and operate such a business because the bully monopoly, Canada Post, simply won't allow it. Between the influence of the unionistas, and the lack of anything even remotely resembling intelligence on the part of the minister (Lisa Raitt) currently involved (not that she is any worse than those who came before or will likely follow) Canadians are pushed around and beaten into submission when it comes to postal services. What other business do you know of that can arbitrarilly raise rates over 25% just because they feel like it and get away with it? Only another government protected monopoly like Ontario Power or the like could pull that off.

As someone who has been involved in numerous small and medium sized business ventures I can say, without reservation, that the Canadian governments, on all levels, from municipal right to the top Federal government, do not make it easy in the least. Between every level having their hands out for their "cut" to absolutely asinine red tape and rules it is nigh on impossible to successfully run a small business in this country. Sure, you can survive but from personal experience, and the experience of many people I know, the stress and aggravation has you questioning your sanity on a daily basis. One small business I was a principle in got audited 4 times in 5 years for no other reason than the fact that during the first audit, when the CRA representative was being an absolute a$$, I showed him the door and told him not to bother coming back until he came to his senses. Surprise, surprise, we were audited every year after that until I finally got fed up and shut the thing down once I had managed to place my small contingent of staff in support roles with clients.

In the case of Canada Post, there is the absolute worst cast of "entitlement syndrome" that I think I have ever seen. With rare exception, employees are amongst the worst behaved, least productive of any it has been my displeasure to witness. Their corporate heads are the cream of the crop in that aspect with no concern whatsoever for the quality of service that they provide Canadians. Given that there is only one source of dollars in this country ie the consumer/taxpayer and we therefor 100% bankroll Canada Post, you'd think we would get a little more respect. Unfortunately, Canada Post has been allowed to run wildly rampant, destructively trampling over any semblence of responsibility to Canadians and I daresay that we may never be able to turn the situation around and worse it may simply continue to fester beyond anything we can even reasonably imagine at this time.

Rates will probably continue to soar for no other reason than to pad wages, benefits, retirement packages etc so that Canada Post employees can live high on the hog while the rest of us are eating beans, and not fresh ones either, from a can!

In the US, the postal service smartly realizes that any revenue is good revenue and instead of behaving as a protectionist, monopolistic bully, they welcome the added revenue from bulk sellers. Yes, the USPS is largely subsidized but would we not, as Canadians, who are already footing the bill for Canada Post anyway, not happily welcome paying a fraction of a fraction of a cent more, basically hidden costs, in many areas so that we could realize much more reasonable prices at Canada Post? Of course we would! Would we not welcome those tiny fractional costs, hidden away, in exchange for not worrying about losing door to door delivery? Again, of course we would.

There is no big mystery to any of this and it could be easily done save for the fact that Canada Post, financed entirely by the citizens of Canada, reprehensibly  feels absolutely no responsibility to us and therefore sees no need to behave in a reasonable and ethical fashion. So long as they are allowed to behave in such a fashion why would they ever change? They won't and we will continue to suffer as a result!

Cheers

thD

Message 82 of 92
latest reply

Strange timing but almost immediately after finishing this post I received an email from a blog that I subscribe to telling me that one of the news headlines for today is that Deepak Chopra just had his contract renewed to the tune of 500k per year.

Absolutely maddening!

thD

Message 83 of 92
latest reply

'The fact of the matter is that no one will ever be alowed to open and operate such a business because the bully monopoly, Canada Post, simply won't allow it."

Not only allowed, but someone already has done it.  You just need to move near chitchats stores.  CP domestic expedited at a flat rate of 7.90 +1.54 per kg at .5 kg breaks.  That could be half price or less depending on where its going

Message 85 of 92
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

'The fact of the matter is that no one will ever be alowed to open and operate such a business because the bully monopoly, Canada Post, simply won't allow it."

Not only allowed, but someone already has done it.  You just need to move near chitchats stores.  CP domestic expedited at a flat rate of 7.90 +1.54 per kg at .5 kg breaks.  That could be half price or less depending on where its going

What is going on with ChitChat is probably something completely different.

I doubt he is selling postage labels for the CPO at a discount.

He moves packages around and ships from other locations and charges for that service.

For example:  An expedited package shipped from Toronto to Kitchener costs much less than a package shipped from Vancouver to Kitchener.

His service would transport the package from Vancouver to Toronto (for example) and ship to Kitchener from there at a much lower cost (plus his fee for that service which is exceedingly reasonable).

There is no actual CPO discounted rate.

Message 86 of 92
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

But doesn't Chit Chats only offer service to those who are within driving distance of its establishment, and then don't they drive to the U.S. to mail packages?

I don't have sufficient knowledge of their organization to understand all the services they offer but, to me, this doesn't sound like a business that could offer national postal service, with parcels mailed and delivered from within the country at a USPS postal rate.

Message 87 of 92
latest reply

They drive US ones to USPS.  Canadian ones go with Canada post at a big discount.  Yes you have to live near them to use them unfortunately.  So not useful for msot of us, but CP does "allow" it to happen

"

There is no actual CPO discounted rate."

There certainly is

Message 88 of 92
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

They drive US ones to USPS.  Canadian ones go with Canada post at a big discount.  Yes you have to live near them to use them unfortunately.  So not useful for msot of us, but CP does "allow" it to happen

"

There certainly is

If that's true then why can't I buy a shipping label from Chitchat at a discount without taking it to one of his stores?

If, on the other hand, you're saying that he gets some kind of discount from the CPO because he buys so many shipping labels and passes that on to his customers, then that's a completely different topic and most of us would never reach that number.

Not quite sure what you're saying.

Message 89 of 92
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

"

There certainly is

If that's true then why can't I buy a shipping label from Chitchat at a discount without taking it to one of his stores?

If, on the other hand, you're saying that he gets some kind of discount from the CPO because he buys so many shipping labels and passes that on to his customers, then that's a completely different topic and most of us would never reach that number.

Not quite sure what you're saying.

Chit Chats, from my own personal experience, is not the friendliest of companies to deal with for starters. While the service they offer can be of amazing benefit to a seller, if you are not within easy reach of one of their stores, they have no interest in dealing with you unless you are sending out I believe it is 40 packages a day. Either that, or if you want to pay the fee for 40 packages even if you are only sending 1, then they are happy to take your money. There was a local drop being run on College Street in Toronto where small dealers could drop their parcels however that is being phased out (as told to me by the owner of Chit Chats). There was an email floated out to some people saying they were considering setting something up for smaller dealers but based on my already disappointing experience with them I'm not only not holding my breath but I doubt I will be running to sign up.

As far as Canada Post discounted postage through them is concerned I believe they may offer some domestic discounts that are likely based on their own volume rate with Canada Post,, again if you drop at one of their stores, but that is not the issue that I was speaking of at any rate. Discounted Canada Post to the USA is the crux of this and they do not offer that as far as I know(feel free to correct me if I am wrong), based on their business, there would be no point I wouldn't imagine.

Anyway, back on topic, the fact remains that we have no one offering bulk discounted rates for Canada Post to the USA which is a big reason why this whole PayPal issue is so important.

thD

Message 90 of 92
latest reply

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

... Discounted Canada Post to the USA is the crux of this and they do not offer that as far as I know (feel free to correct me if I am wrong), based on their business, there would be no point I wouldn't imagine.

Chit Chat's prime business involves taking packages across the border and then dropping the packages off with US shippers such as USPS (that the seller has already bought postage directly from).  Canada Post is never used.

The savings come from using the US shipper's domestic parcel rate (be it the postal service or FedEx or UPS -- savings can be found for all, even with CC's transport fee).

Message 91 of 92
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

... Discounted Canada Post to the USA is the crux of this and they do not offer that as far as I know (feel free to correct me if I am wrong), based on their business, there would be no point I wouldn't imagine.

Chit Chat's prime business involves taking packages across the border and then dropping the packages off with US shippers such as USPS (that the seller has already bought postage directly from).  Canada Post is never used.

The savings come from using the US shipper's domestic parcel rate (be it the postal service or FedEx or UPS -- savings can be found for all, even with CC's transport fee).

Indeed,.

The problem lies in the fact that unless you are either close enough to one of their locations to walk your package in or drive it out there, or you are doing 40 package pick-ups, they have no interest in dealing with you.

So yes, as I stated there are savings to be had by dealing with them, however they don't make it easy nor are they the least bit flexible in trying to work with people who are doing smaller volumes and/or do not have ready access to one of their locations!

Cheers,

thD

Message 92 of 92
latest reply