I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

Can you help?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

"Windows 9? I don't think there is any such thing as Win 9!"

That's what I thought too! Sounds like Paypal customer service is becoming as ill-informed as eBay.

Message 41 of 92
latest reply

"Windows 9? I don't think there is any such thing as Win 9! "

Correct.  Microsoft went from 8 (not well received) to 10.

Message 42 of 92
latest reply

Maybe we should ask PayPal how we can download Win 9 so that we can print our shipping labels!😀
Message 43 of 92
latest reply

(off-topic) Win 8 isn't that bad once you got used to it... I have been using it for almost two years and it's fine...

Message 44 of 92
latest reply

Funny! about Win9, they probably meant Internet explorer 9

Message 46 of 92
latest reply

Thank you for suggestion!!! I uploaded Mozilla and was able to print shipping labels.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Meanwhile PP responded that they aware of the problem and notified their IT team. will have to wait for updates. 

Message 47 of 92
latest reply

Did you ever find the link?

Message 48 of 92
latest reply

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

Thank you for suggestion!!! I uploaded Mozilla and was able to print shipping labels.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Meanwhile PP responded that they aware of the problem and notified their IT team. will have to wait for updates. 

Spoke to PayPal again today and was told this is a done deal. it's gone and not coming back and there is nothing currently in the works to replace it in so far as the Tier 1 support people know.

The "official" story now seems to be that the page was for "development" use only and because it became a live link seeing tons of traffic, it was in violation of the agreement that PayPal has witht the shipping providers. I don't buy that for a second but that is what they are saying.

Meanwhile even if they lose it in the US as well, so what? They have many different choices to purchase discounted US Post shipping services. In Canada we have 0 and the paltry disacount offered by Canada Post in their small business plan is a joke.

Cheers

thD

Message 49 of 92
latest reply

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Spoke to PayPal again today and was told this is a done deal. it's gone and not coming back and there is nothing currently in the works to replace it in so far as the Tier 1 support people know.

The "official" story now seems to be that the page was for "development" use only and because it became a live link seeing tons of traffic, it was in violation of the agreement that PayPal has witht the shipping providers. I don't buy that for a second but that is what they are saying.

Meanwhile even if they lose it in the US as well, so what? They have many different choices to purchase discounted US Post shipping services. In Canada we have 0 and the paltry disacount offered by Canada Post in their small business plan is a joke.

Cheers

thD

Forgot to say that this is very strange as it is a quite different story than what jt-libra received in the email.

Who's to know what the truth of it is?

thD

Message 50 of 92
latest reply

That's what they told me when I called and I thought she didn't understand what I was looking for.

Are there options for online shipping other than ship and click?

I have never been able to use that service without endless frustration and annoyance.

Message 51 of 92
latest reply

Called paypal again because I can't print shipping labels to Australia.

The link has definitely been removed for Canada but Americans still have theirs with no plans to remove it.

THANK YOU CPO...NOT!!!!  Apparently they put up a bit of a stink!

The CPO website is imposible to use and I just spend an hour with them trying to resolve those problems.

I'm blocked out of it too.

IF they want to squeeze every penny from us so badly no matter the inconvenience to us they should clean up their act!

Message 52 of 92
latest reply

As usual, with the CPO site I've spend hours on this and I still don't have the label.

I realized I have to figure that site out if I can no longer use paypal shipping.

In the past I often printed paypal shipping labels and then used the transaction number for Third Party Insurance purposes.

Since that is no longer available does anyone know how to deal with TPI when paying with CC?

I'm afraid it will take yet another phone call.

Message 53 of 92
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

Did you ever find the link?

No, I haven't.  I've been reading all the other posts this morning and it sounds like it's gone and it's n-e-v-e-r coming back.  It wouldn't be so bad if the Canada Post website worked better.  It's so frustrating making your way around that site.  What works one day doesn't work the next, some "Continue" buttons take you nowhere, and mandatory fields don't work.  Total frustration .... particularly when you have a lot of money in your PayPal account but have to use your credit card to pay for shipping labels.

It's not so bad for me because I don't often have to ship items other than eBay purchases, but I'm sure there are people who do and who really relied on this feature.

Message 54 of 92
latest reply

I just got a response from Insure Post and they said to use the transaction id number if paid by paypal in case anyone else cares.

Really annoyed at the CPO right now for taking that convenience away from us so that they could make a few extra pennies.

I've already wasted a few hours on this.

The CPO site has more security than the Pentagon and so every time I want to log in I have to break the code again.

Ridiculous!  

Message 55 of 92
latest reply

"Really annoyed at the CPO right now for taking that convenience away from us so that they could make a few extra pennies."

???

I do not understand.  How does Canada Post make more money (a few pennies)?

Message 56 of 92
latest reply

I think that the USPS link is still up because the discounts giving to ebay sellers are not specific to ebay...they are given to other commercial accounts.  The discount we get is specific for ebay sellers and the ship now link could be used for any non ebay transaction.

I can't find the info right now but it seems to me that I read that ebay partially subsidizes that CP rate so if that's the case, they are probably the ones who shut down that link...not Canada Post.

Message 57 of 92
latest reply

I do not understand.  How does Canada Post make more money (a few pennies)?

They would make more money because we no longer have access to the discount unless the item is paid via Paypal.

Message 58 of 92
latest reply

I spend hours trying to print out a CPO label from their site.

Finally got to the end and it wouldn't accept my credit cards.

I go through this kind of thing EVERY singe time I try to use the CPO shipping tool.  

Are there no other on line shipping tools for us to use other than CPO or paypal?

I give up.

Message 59 of 92
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I think that the USPS link is still up because the discounts giving to ebay sellers are not specific to ebay...they are given to other commercial accounts.  The discount we get is specific for ebay sellers and the ship now link could be used for any non ebay transaction.

I can't find the info right now but it seems to me that I read that ebay partially subsidizes that CP rate so if that's the case, they are probably the ones who shut down that link...not Canada Post.

Do you mean this weekly session?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/July-29th-2015-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/308506

post 35, Raphael reply to your question on PayPal/shipnow

Originally the current PayPal labels platform was supposed to be only for eBay sellers. The ship now link had to be removed because it provided access to eBay subsidized rates to non eBay sellers.

Today the situation is different, and now that PayPal is on its own, we have no more visibility on what they plan to do with their labels platform, in Canada or in the US. What I can say is that the current offer for CA eBay sellers will remain up for the time being.

Message 60 of 92
latest reply