I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

Can you help?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Thanks but no, I found that post. The one that I'm thinking of mentioned USPS. It is probably on the .com boards and isn't from a ebay rep.

Message 61 of 92
latest reply

I don't know exactly why it was removed and it really doesn't matter why.

I'd come to rely on it and without it there is no viable on line shipping tool for Canadians that I know of.

The CPO site is horrendous to use and I really gave it a shot.  It would not allow me to process the label and blocked me every step of the way.

In the end it wouldn't allow me to pay.

I finally shipped from the PO and the cost was the same.

I've never found that I get discounts when offering my VentureOne card either and maybe it has some uses but not for me.

I like on line shipping because the buyer gets emails that the item has been shipped and it formalizes the process nicely.

Message 62 of 92
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:
I don't know exactly why it was removed and it really doesn't matter why.

I didn't realize that the discount was an eBay subsidy.  I thought the discount was the same as the one given to Venture One cardholders and ultimately to all sellers using PayPal to ship.

I'd come to rely on it and without it there is no viable on line shipping tool for Canadians that I know of.

I don't know of one either.

The CPO site is horrendous to use and I really gave it a shot.  It would not allow me to process the label and blocked me every step of the way.  In the end it wouldn't allow me to pay.

I've experienced the same problems.

I finally shipped from the PO and the cost was the same.  I've never found that I get discounts when offering my VentureOne card either and maybe it has some uses but not for me.

The first time I was able to actually complete and pay for a label through the CP website, I was surprised to see that there was no discount even though my Venture One card number was visible on the form.

I like on line shipping because the buyer gets emails that the item has been shipped and it formalizes the process nicely.

Totally agree.  I like this feature.

Message 63 of 92
latest reply

"I've never found that I get discounts when offering my VentureOne card"

If the parcel was going within Canada, you should have been given a 5% discount IF you used Priority, XpressPost or Expedited - no discount for regular parcel or lettermail

If shipping to the USA, there is no discount on letterpost or Small Packet. Discounts (rates vary) may apply on other services.

If you used one the services shown above, you should have received the discount upon presentation of your card.

Information on discounts (based on destination and service selected) available from Canada Post:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/smallbusiness/default.page

Message 64 of 92
latest reply

How many times has there been a paypal shipping glitch which forced us to use this feature?  My reason for this whole runaround today was because paypal wouldn't allow me to ship eBay/paypal items to Australia.

It's not as if we were getting discounts which we were not entitled to when using this feature the vast majority of the time.

It was a convenience made necessary by paypal glitches when the system was down for one reason or another.

Why take that away?

Message 65 of 92
latest reply

I didn't realize that the discount was an eBay subsidy.  I thought the discount was the same as the one given to Venture One cardholders and ultimately to all sellers using PayPal to ship.

The discount was quite a bit more than any venture one discount.  I could be wrong but I can't imagine ebay subsidizes the full discount that we receive  I would think that Canada Post would be willing to give them some sort of volume discount.

I've also used the shipnow site when the regular paypal site wouldn't accept an address or was having problems. Any time that I have tried to print a label to China I've had to use shipnow so it is frustrating that it's gone.  I've never used the CP site to print a label but I'm surprised that it is difficult to use. You would think they would make it as easy as possible.

Message 66 of 92
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The discount was quite a bit more than any venture one discount.  I could be wrong but I can't imagine ebay subsidizes the full discount that we receive  I would think that Canada Post would be willing to give them some sort of volume discount.

I've also used the shipnow site when the regular paypal site wouldn't accept an address or was having problems. Any time that I have tried to print a label to China I've had to use shipnow so it is frustrating that it's gone.  I've never used the CP site to print a label but I'm surprised that it is difficult to use. You would think they would make it as easy as possible.

You're right.  It's been years since I've presented my Venture One card at a postal outlet.  I think Pierre mentioned that it provides a 5% discount whereas the PayPal discount is around 10% I believe.

I'm always surprised when I use the CP website to either purchase a label or order supplies.  Different links can bring you to different screens to perform identical functions; some work, some don't.  Their search function, in particular, is poor.  But it still beats waiting in line at the Post Office and manually filling out customs forms, I guess.

Message 67 of 92
latest reply

PayPal Shipping Discounts (now for eBay sales only)

Canada

- Expedited Parcel - up to 18%
- Xpresspost - up to 8%

USA

- Expedited Parcel USA - up to 18%
- Tracked Packet USA - up to 14%
- Xpresspost USA - up to 9%

International (excluding USA)

- Tracked Packet International - up to 14% (available to 27 countries only)
- Xpresspost International - up to 9% (available to many but not all countries, so use International Parcel Air (no PayPal discount) when Xpresspost not available )

No PayPal discount for

- Light Packet USA
- Light Packet International
- Small Packet USA Air
- Small Packet International Air or Surface

The following parcel services are not available on PayPal Shipping

International Parcel Surface
International Parcel Air

Venture One (Now called Solutions for Small Business) has a 5% discount at the counter for some services.

5% discount for Expected Parcel Canada (actually 5% off Regular Parcel rate gives Expedited Parcel Canada rate), Expedited Parcel USA, Xpresspost Canada USA and International, International Parcel Surface and Air. I also believe 5% discount for Tracked Packet USA and International.

No discounts for Light Packet USA and International, Small Packet USA and International, Lettermail and Letter-post USA and International.

My understanding of the ebay/PayPal shipping rates and Venture One rates. Correct me if I have errors.

Message 68 of 92
latest reply

A related issue will involve returns.

It will no longer be possible to print return labels from paypal.

Message 69 of 92
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
PayPal Shipping Discounts (now for eBay sales only)

Thanks for summarizing that.

Message 70 of 92
latest reply

Same as you sylviebee. I have never been able to use CPO to print a label, ever. And the Venture and small business cards i get have pretty much no discount, or nothing close to what Paypal was offering.

Another reason to throw in the towel for online sales. Things should be getting easier, not harder regarding online issues.

Message 71 of 92
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

A related issue will involve returns.

It will no longer be possible to print return labels from paypal.

I may have to return something that I bought through PayPal (not eBay*) and was wondering if I could print a label for that return. You're saying it is not possible? That really, really sucks.

* Even if it was eBay, the "Return" link on their site does not work for me. How will we be able to return an item at a reasonable shipping price if it's not available on eBay and now with PayPal? Smiley Mad

Message 72 of 92
latest reply

Thanks 'poco' for posting those Paypal discount rates.  I can never seem to remember which one gets how much.

BTW, now that we can no longer use shipnow to figure out label rates, where did you find this information summarized?  I'd like to bookmark the page, as I'm sure these rates will change at some point in the future.  

It's so helpful to know exactly what the discounted rate is before setting a shipping price on a listing, rather than just taking a rough 'guesstimate'. 

Message 73 of 92
latest reply

As the PayPal rep flippantly told me:  Go to the Post Office.   

Woman Frustrated

It does suck.  To return an item you have to use tracked package and now there are no discounts of note.

Message 74 of 92
latest reply

Also, when returning an item one could print the label from paypal and everything was well documented.

Now, when returning from the PO there is less of a paper trail to prove the item was returned.

Message 75 of 92
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Thanks 'poco' for posting those Paypal discount rates.  I can never seem to remember which one gets how much.

BTW, now that we can no longer use shipnow to figure out label rates, where did you find this information summarized?  I'd like to bookmark the page, as I'm sure these rates will change at some point in the future.  

It's so helpful to know exactly what the discounted rate is before setting a shipping price on a listing, rather than just taking a rough 'guesstimate'. 

Here is the current eBay link. Look at the "Shipping Items" section.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/shipping/carrierprograms/cpc.html

I had to find the link using Google search. eBay site pages change all the time.

Message 76 of 92
latest reply

Regarding the Canada Post website Ship-in-a-click option for buying and printing shipping labels.  I happened to be looking at the Canada Post ABC of Mailing document this morning.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGabcmail-e.asp

The document has a recent update at the top.

July 17, 2015  Ship-in-a-click is no longer available for the U.S. and International services. Section 2.1.1

When I go to the section 2.1.1

2.1.1 Ship-in-a-click™

The Ship-in-a-click service allows customers to purchase and pay for Canada Post shipping services online using most major credit cards (VISA, MASTERCARD and American Express). Customers using the Ship-in-a-click service can print a shipping label from their personal computer and deposit their item in a street letter box (where size permits) or at a post office. Some restrictions and conditions apply.

The following services are available for purchase online:
    Priority™
    Xpresspost™
    Regular Parcel™

Visit canadapost.ca/shipinaclick for more information.

NOTE:  Priority™ must be deposited at a post office.

So if Ship-in-a-click can only be used for domestic parcels within Canada and only the services listed above (no Expedited Parcel), I can only conclude that Ship-in-a-click is useless.

Message 77 of 92
latest reply

WOW!!! RATHER  S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G !!!!    Smiley Surprised

Message 78 of 92
latest reply

Ship and click is for occasional shippers.

For us they have EST Online and to use it you have to have a VentureOne number, or as they like to say small business solution.

Message 79 of 92
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

For me, one of the most infuriating aspects of this whole mess, is the fact that  we have absolutely no one offering discounted Canada Post shipping rates. In the US there are any number of companies, Stamps.com comes to mind but there are many, that offer discounted USPS postage at really great rates. In Canada we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I can't help but think this is by design not accident, as it is abundantly clear, to anyone who has ever tried to deal with Canada Post corporate, how ridiculously uncooperative they are in every way imaginable.

This whole situation would be of no consequence whatsoever if we had any viable and affordable options.

Persistent crowing about world class this and world class that falls on my deaf ears when every day I am presented with one or another way  that just by living in Canada we are forced to endure substandard services.

As I said, infuriating.

thD

Message 80 of 92
latest reply