June 22nd 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. As it is now common, the thread will remain open for the next 24 hours or so, to help those who couldn't make it during the day.

Open issues:

• Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix to roll out soon.
  • Odd missing gallery picture in search results - There was a general bug fix that was supposed to address this. Will now remove it from the list, if anyone still has that happen to their listings please let me know.
  • FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - Resolved
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: June 22nd 2016 Weekly Session

Is that something that we can ask them to fix?  Otherwise, I will have to not offer international shipping.  

Message 81 of 90
latest reply

Add your voice to the choir, we've been asking for that as long as I can remember.
Message 82 of 90
latest reply

There is quite a big difference in shipping costs between sending to the US and to say Australia.  With Chit Chat I can offer bulk shipping to the US cheaper than within Canada but bulk shipping to Australia would be out of this world, can't offer bulk free shipping.  I need to be able to offer it to the US buyers only.  If I can't, I will remove shipping to outside of Canada and the US.

Message 83 of 90
latest reply

I completely sympathize with you. Most of us have contemplated offering free shipping on multi-item orders to the USA but cannot run the risk the promotion will be utilized by a buyer from Australia where the cost of postage would be threefold or more.
Message 84 of 90
latest reply

@mepaddy wrote:

Hi there,

It was suggested that I post the following problem (?) with one of my listings on this thread:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-only-appearing-in-some-searches-Not-quot-Commodor...

Mostly, I'd like to figure out what I did wrong (if anything) so that I can avoid this issue with future listings.

Thanks!

Hi mepaddy,

Mr. Elmwood and tobyshitzu have given you the right answers on that thread. What you see is the result of Search getting smarter and sending buyers where it thinks is best based on the keywords used. In your case, it isn't working very well due to the category you selected for these games. I would recommend listing in a more appropriate category if your aim is to target people who search for Commodore 64 related items. Video games & Consoles, although also appropriate for your items, is broader and less tailored to your specific item. Hope this helps!

Message 85 of 90
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@tch_ca wrote:

So Raphael,

Now that you've pretty much "skated" on every concern posted by just about everyone here this week,  and provided no solutions other than "suck it up"....I ask again....What will Ebay Canada be doing to compensate the Canadian sellers for this enormous screw up and what staffing changes will Andrea be making to make sure this classic example of lack of leadership and project management does not occur again? What high school developer designed the tool? Who managed the process? Will Ebay ever stop disregarding it's selling community? Will Ebay ever become a responsible corporate citizen and listen to it's SUBSCRIBERS and their needs?

Sadly due to the nature of my listings and the different content rules between Ebay.com and Ebay.ca, I still put up with listing some of my items on Ebay.ca. I will be here every week Raphael, posing the same questions and concerns until Ebay rectifies the wrong it consistently causes it's sellers.

As I told another member, I appreciate that you're unhappy with what is happening, but with all due respect, you're asking questions to which I obviously can't answer. Surely you know that as you write those questions. We do not discuss internal company matters on a public forum. If you have recommendations on how we could "right the wrong," please share them and I'll pass them along like any other recommendations I get on these chat sessions. Thanks.

I did...I suggested that Ebay Canada look at compensating sellers for the errors caused by the tool (like multiple listings that sold and caused defects as a result of cancellations). You mandated the change, you provided a tool that was not ready for production (that should have been removed and only re-implemented when actually ready)and you want sellers to deal with the outcome. Does that make operational sense to you? You should be (have been) proactively putting perks in place to at least partially rectify the blunder. Why is it on the sellers to chase and why is it the your clients have to educate you on the obvious?  So, has the suggestion of providing two months of relief from defects due to duplicate sales during the mayhem been brought forward?

Message 86 of 90
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Is that something that we can ask them to fix?  Otherwise, I will have to not offer international shipping.  

I would love to say yes but it's unlikely. We have a better chance to get the newer Promotions Manager than finding someone who can make enhancements to the older, rudimentary combined shipping discounts product. 

With that said, I don't think this should weight on your decision to offer international shipping or not. In fact, any combined shipping rule you set will not work for buyers on eBay.com unless you also list on eBay.com. Items listed on eBay.ca cannot be combined if the buyer makes the purchase from eBay.com. This means that if you set any promotional combined shipping rule, most US buyers will be naturally excluded from it.

Message 87 of 90
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

There is quite a big difference in shipping costs between sending to the US and to say Australia.  With Chit Chat I can offer bulk shipping to the US cheaper than within Canada but bulk shipping to Australia would be out of this world, can't offer bulk free shipping.  I need to be able to offer it to the US buyers only.  If I can't, I will remove shipping to outside of Canada and the US.

Thanks for the clarification, I understand what you're trying to do. In that case, I would recommend setting your US shipping as free (with the item cost adjustment) and calculated to everywhere else instead of using promotional rules.

Message 88 of 90
latest reply

@tch_ca wrote:
I did...I suggested that Ebay Canada look at compensating sellers for the errors caused by the tool (like multiple listings that sold and caused defects as a result of cancellations). You mandated the change, you provided a tool that was not ready for production (that should have been removed and only re-implemented when actually ready)and you want sellers to deal with the outcome. Does that make operational sense to you? You should be (have been) proactively putting perks in place to at least partially rectify the blunder. Why is it on the sellers to chase and why is it the your clients have to educate you on the obvious?  So, has the suggestion of providing two months of relief from defects due to duplicate sales during the mayhem been brought forward?

Yes, all recommendations and suggestions are passed forward.

Message 89 of 90
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks for joining and see you next time.

Message 90 of 90
latest reply