Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

3 Tier Shipping Charges Question

I want to set up seperate S&H for Canada, USA, and International. When I set up a Custom location, USA, the International charges also show in the Description page. When the buyer selects one item to ship to the USA, the charges are correct, $3.00. W...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

HST/GST Tax Calculation

How come the tax calculater doesn't charge HST/GST on Canadian sales? I have completed the tables, clicked yes, and yet it doesn't add the taxes to the invoice. Anyone, please?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping calculator: share your thoughts here

Hi PowerSellers, One of the frequent requests that I receive from the Canadian Community is for a shipping calculator integrated onto eBay.ca. To help me better understand the need for an integrated shipping calculator, it would be great to hear from...

New format for shipping info on the listings

I just put a bunch of items on ebay and what a pain. I have been buying and selling on ebay for over 10 years. With their new shipping calculater is makes it a miserable experience listing. Why can they not leave things alone. As a seller I am not go...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

shipping calculator

I used calculated shipping last night for a new listing for shipping in Canada but I tried to revise a listing this morning and add it and it won't work and I messed it up so bad that I had to end my listing. It wouldn't let me use grams, just whole ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Chinese Scam to Watch for

I sell antiques and art. One of the antique area's I specialize in it Antique Chinese Porcelain. I also sell a few other small Chinese Antiques. Recently I've noticed a lot of Chinese buyers have started sending me an email asking to return the item ...

What's with all the Revenue Canada /PowerSeller posts from 2008?

There are several ancient posts that have been brought back from the grave about the 2008 announcement that eBay was turning over PS records to the CRA. If there is a new development, please start a new thread instead of reviving ancient history. Alt...

Unsatisfied buyer

I have a problem with one of my buyers who bid and won 3 coins from me. I have up to 4 days after an item is paid for to ship it to a buyer. I have told my buyer this but just because he paid for them , he thinks that he should have first service whe...

CRA and Powersellers

Like a lot of you, I just received the email confirming that CRA has the final go-ahead (as of Nov 7) to obtain 2004/05 sales records. As part of the message, I note they will seeking court orders to access records for all subsequent years as well. C...

• 49 replies
  • 0 helpful

Revenue Canada steps up hunt for eBay tax dodgers

http://finance.sympatico.ca/Home/ContentPosting?newsitemid=ebay-tax-dodge&feedname=CBC-BUSINESS-V3&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False From CBC news: "The Canada Revenue Agency is stepping up its efforts to track ...

Help! eBay not charging my customers tax since 03/09/2011

Hi everyone, I am a seller on here for nearly two years, and starting with 2 sporadic days in August, and now since September 3rd, my customers are not getting charged sales tax. I have checked and nothings been changed, I'm using the tax table which...

What do you do when it only says that you offer free shipping on an invoice

Just wonder if any of you have had this problem. It is stated in all of my listings what my shipping charges are and all of a sudden when I go to send an invoice to a buyer it only says for shipping that it is free. I do offer no charge when a buyer ...

SELLER UPDATES

Just wondering how everyone is doing with listing revisions (if yours do not comply with some of the new rules). I have some of my listings updated, but still working on it. I should be done in a couple of days. Rather than bulk edit anything, I am d...

24 hour email support for power sellers, but where is the link???

Can anyone tell me where to find the link to email ebay for powerseller support. they claim " Bronze/Silver: 24 hour email and chat support, phone support from 6am-10pm Pacific time " But i can't find it anywhere. The customer support tab link only g...

Resolved! pet pieve with posting spellcheck

kalvin, please add the words eBay and PayPal to the forum spell check dictionary. I am so tired of these words being flagged and they are so common is a forum post. The spell check is so slow that these simple additions would help.

buyers options

Greetings folks. I would like to know how to hide what I pay for my stock in feedback as its not really anyones business but mine. I have searched around my site for the tool to do this and have been unable to find it. I have seen other sites where t...

eBay Messaging

I have been unable to get into My Messages today. I keep getting Page Not Responding. Hopefully it will be fixed promptly as I have a message in my email that I would like to respond to through eBay messaging....to promote the "safe" environment that...

Need assistance about a cheater... Thanks....

Hi all, I have a situation here about a $350 item. I would not post anything if it was for a $20 item, but I would like to know your opinions ou hear your suggestions. A buyer purchased several expensive items on auction within a few days. I shipped ...

I'm still here!

Hi Everyone, It's been quite a while since I have posted so I thought I would stop in and say HI! I was surprised today when I checked my dashboard (not on my van but in My eBay!) and found the following: I'm not sure when they will realize that I ha...

Top rated seller

I have just qualified for the eBay Top Rated Seller logo but it does not appear in my listings/store on eBay.ca. BUT....it does appear in my listings/store on eBay.com. Does anyone else have this anomoly?? I don't get it.

Blue Willow China

Spode Blue Willow I have been collecting Blue Willow for about 30 years now and it is quite impossible to contain my excuberance when finding a new piece. Price sometimes is the only deterrent and even that fails occasionally. It is the only china pa...

• 72 replies
  • 0 helpful

Opening a Webstore in addition to my eBay Store

I have had an eBay Store since November 2010. I fell I did just fine becoming a PowerSeller after 6 months and realize that I will qualify as a Silver Power seller next month. I think it is now time to add my own web store and I would welcome your in...

Adding Tracking Number To Sold/Shipped Item on My Ebay

Hey all. As I'm sure most are aware, the only options given us (sellers) when trying to load a tracking number is either Canada Post or UPS. I pretty much ship exclusively Fed-Ex, except for the occasional Canada Post small packet (no tracking number...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Top Rated Seller

I stopped keeping track of ebays evaluations until today when I noticed that I have finally made it as a Top Rated Seller. I know it won't last long, but yeah I finally did it!!!

I would like to know how to do the file exchange

I would like to know how to do the file exchange , is it can help me just transfer all the items that i want to upload from our excell file? and I would like to know how to make a products trailer on top of the decription page in my listing, very app...

Can I schedule a listing to start tomorrow evening?

I was wondering, can I put an item on ebay and schedule it to only start tomorrow evening at 7pm? The listing will be for 7 days, and I'd like for it to end next Sunday at 7pm. Why I want to schedule it for 7pm tomorrow evening?I won't be home at tha...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Removal of Automation Rule "Keep a fixed number of listings active"

Hi Selling Manager Pro Users, Under our duplicate listing policy, sellers are no longer allowed to have more than one Fixed-Price listing per item. A handful of sellers who used this feature in the past were inadvertently creating duplicate listings....

Security warning! Seller beware....

HI I just had potential hackers just try to access my Ebay account. Not sure where to send this amongst Ebay as all I seem to get are automated systems with -in Ebay so I will post here as I think it is important they are aware and others as well. I ...

Am I just in a really bad mood or...

I was hanging around on the Paypal discussion boards. Boy am I glad PP started those! What a pathetic bunch of nitwits, who cannot spot a fraud with more red flags than Tienamen Square on May Day. And every one wants Paypal to pay them because they s...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.