Attention - a new dangerous glitch! GALLERY PLUS FEE!

Just a new glitch, this time a very dangerous one. I listed an item and was suddenly charged for Gallery Plus! I list mainly in Antiques, where that feature was and (supposedly?) is FREE. Having around 2.700 items in my store, I would expect an additional fee charge for - attention -  4.266 CAD!!!! 

fee.jpg

Just please verify your "Recent activity" section. I am not sure what categories are affected, but it would be a good idea to verify yours. I contacted the CS immediately, they confirmed the glitch,  and the fee has been refunded, but it's still SCARY!  

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

DONE!!!!!! 😄

Image2.jpg

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

One of my competitors has 250.000 items listed. If he relists with Gallery Plus, the additional charge will be 250.000 x 1.58 dol. = 395.000 dol. 

bfa.png

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Popeyes Postcards got hit with almost $14,000 on it.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

One of my competitors has 250.000 items listed. If he relists with Gallery Plus, the additional charge will be 250.000 x 1.58 dol. = 395.000 dol. 

bfa.png

@38e_avenue 

Here is the discussion in technical issues on dot com.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/eBay-GLITCH-ALERT-Ebay-charging-for-galler...

Alert is ALERT14469. to get added to ticket if you are seeing incorrect charges.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

WOW, I posted the doge as a joke!!! I cannot believe some seller were actually charged that much!!!!! 

I look stupid with my 1.58 dol. complaint ......  🙄

facepa_noun_004_1221.jpg

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

WOW, I posted the doge as a joke!!! I cannot believe some seller were actually charged that much!!!!! 

I look stupid with my 1.58 dol. complaint ......  🙄

facepa_noun_004_1221.jpg

@38e_avenue 

This is one of those situations extremely better safe than sorry. No matter how small or large the calculated bill showing is!!! As for the lack of a heads up on this known issue on ca....No comment!!   🤐🙊😶

-Lotz

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Mine are all collectibles... but I removed Gallery Plus from all listings just in case... thanks for the heads up!

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Mine are all collectibles... but I removed Gallery Plus from all listings just in case... thanks for the heads up!

@zee-chan 

Strangely Antiquarian-Collectible Books do not qualify as antiques. When I did a store sort in Sellers Hub I only had 3 listings in Antiques(Showing free Gallery Plus). May be a bit of a challenge to confirm which sub-categories should be covered. Was able to confirm there are some random categories where it is showing as free. Full category map below. As noted in a previous post the category map for dot ca does NOT mirror dot com exactly.

https://pages.ebay.ca/sitemap.html

-Lotz

As a side what may have happened is the broad category 

https://www.ebay.ca/b/Antiques/20081/bn_1851017

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1676557624878.png

the sub-categories did not get tagged as exempt from the 1.00(1.05) charge. Has anyone that received charges for the gallery plus been able to confirm your provincial tax(s) were included(built in) into any mystery charges you received?

-Lotz

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

According to the dot com Winter Announcement any price change(s) kicked in on Feb 15th 2023. Scheduled price change date on ca should be April 1, 2023.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Mine came in on low price craft items, got them refunded. I was told it is a glitch being worked on!

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

how do you get to that page? i am racking my brain trying to undo the 100s of listings with Gallery Plus

thx

S

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Mine came in on low price craft items, got them refunded. I was told it is a glitch being worked on!

@triber 

@38e_avenue 

Anyone else consider something like this occurring when ebay chose to migrate from a once a month type invoice concept to billing per transaction/line? I had a feeling this was a distinct possibility!! Can you say accounting nightmare for sellers??

-Lotz

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@vfd15 wrote:

how do you get to that page? i am racking my brain trying to undo the 100s of listings with Gallery Plus

@vfd15 

Sellers hub / active listings  

If you want to do all of your listings,  click on edit, then edit all listings. Or, if you want specific ones edited, click on the box to the left of each listing and then on edit.  Once you are in bulk edit click on bulk edit, scroll down to listing upgrades.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

where do you find this gallery plus  page you have shown above to remove from all -- i can't find it anywhere i need to check i guess it -- but where is that locallated ?? and how do you get to it ?

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

Here how you can do:

ebay.jpg

then: 

Image2.jpg

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

perfect! found it, thanks a lot 🙂 

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I did the bulk edit for listing options and under "International Visibility" it said I that selected for 39 listings.  I do have some listings with the US as a ship to location, but I did not select the for a fee visibility option for 39 listings.

Not sure if that is a glitch or due to selecting UK for shipping, but I opted out of that as well as I am putting everyting on Time Away for a few weeks and do not need mystery fees popping up.

This is on .com.

I also checked some random listings and see that there is a mix of some listings showing $0 for Gallery Plus, and others have a fee.  Hopefully when I am ready to take these off of Time Away the issues will be sorted out and I can do listings and not be concerned with $0 Gallery Plus items getting charged on auto relist.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

i have no words for this glitch.   Inexcusable and Unacceptable.

I guess i do have words..  Did the $14,000 come out of his bank account or go on his credit card?

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

..well, hope it was the CC so he can get points........

Message 20 of 35
latest reply