For fun topic: interesting countries shipped to..

Today shipping to 8 different countries (my record is 12 different countries in 1 mailing day)

Today's interesting country is Papua New Guinea - first time I've ever shipped there!

Reminds me of the time I shipped to Gibraltar, address was the buyers name, a street-like name with no number and GIBRALTAR. I emailed the buyer to ask for the rest of the address, they told me that was all that was needed because everybody knows everybody in Gibraltar. It got there as quick as something across the country here!!!!

What's your interesting country?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: For fun topic: interesting countries shipped to..

I've sold  postcards to French Polynesia in the Pacific Ocean. They did originate there.

And for some reason, Robert's Rules of Order several times to Kazhakistan.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

I shipped to Quebec 🙂

Well seems like another country .

But  Russia  was interesting, it's neat all the city names we' mail too.......... Mailed to Greece went OK.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

St. Pierre and Miquelon

A very small community (pop 350) on the western coast of Greenland (twice to the same buyer).

Neither are technically "countries", the former is a French colony and the latter is Danish.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 51
latest reply

Greenland is not exactly Danish.

Greenland (Greenlandic: Kalaallit Nunaat [kaˈlaːɬit ˈnunaːt]) is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, east of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Though physiographically a part of the continent of North America, Greenland has been politically and culturally associated with Europe (specifically Norway and Denmark, the colonial powers, as well as the nearby island of Iceland) for more than a millennium-- Wikipedia.

I was listing some literature about Greenland last night and looked it up.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Um, recped, I think you mean off the coast of Newfoundland. They are just a short ferry ride from the southwest end of Nfld. Almost in Canada, but owned by the French. Very picturesque. You don't even need a passport to visit as long as you are a Cdn. citizen.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

The 2 that stand out in my mind are Brunei Darussalam and South Korea.

I don't think that I've ever shipped out to more 4 or 5 countries in one day. Heck..these days I would be thrilled if I had 5 packages to ship out every day!

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Um, recped, I think you mean off the coast of Newfoundland. They are just a short ferry ride from the southwest end of Nfld. Almost in Canada, but owned by the French. Very picturesque. You don't even need a passport to visit as long as you are a Cdn. citizen.

Actually it was St Pierre and on another occasion Greenland.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

In recped's post, the second sentence seems to be a continuation of the first about St. Pierre & Miquelon but it is not. He is talking about two separate sales, one to St. Pierre and Miquelon and one to a small community in Greenland.

I read it the way you did at first but them realized it was two separate sales on a second read.

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

Sent a novel to Tasmania.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

My apologies recped, I did not read your post correctly. Thought you meant St. Pierre was off the coast of Greenland.

Anyway, back on subject, I have shipped to Sri Lanka a couple of times but not sure if that is an unusual destination.
Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Today's interesting, Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia, I've shipped to both those countries a few times now.....

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:
My apologies recped, I did not read your post correctly. Thought you meant St. Pierre was off the coast of Greenland.

Anyway, back on subject, I have shipped to Sri Lanka a couple of times but not sure if that is an unusual destination.

No problem, my post wasn't really very clear.....

Sri Lanka would be unusual for me so I'd say it counts (might sound more exotic if you referred to it as Ceylon!).

Besides a few unusual places is the fact that in 16 years on eBay and many years of mail order prior to that I have never shipping an order to the African continent. I had an Egyptian buyer once but he had his order shipped to Hamilton, other than that the only nibble I've had was a question from a South African.

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Cook Islands

Marshall Islands 

Qatar

Coromos

Mauritus

Come to mind.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

At a guess, stamp dealers probably see more nations represented than any other category. Okay, maybe coin dealers too.

Philately is a very international hobby. Today we shipped to Cuba, France and Kentucky.

But KY was a Terry Pratchett novel.

Message 15 of 51
latest reply

i had a very nice repeat customer in Reunion.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

A lot of countries I don't know about. Eh?

I get a lot of freight forwarders in southern Florida.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 51
latest reply

and San Diego.

Has the Inuk ID gone into hibernation ?

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

Too Funny - I just sent one there last week. I wonder if it was the same person...lol

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

Well certainly the real ding bat mail outs were to San Jose Ca .
Message 20 of 51
latest reply